Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Dodecalypse posted:

Season 6 teaser, I don't think was posted.

http://adultswim.com/video/the-venture-bros/the-venture-bros-season-6-teaser.html

"If you see something... slay something." So good

This has got me terribly excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Colbert and Hodgman!!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Only 15 minutes left until another year of waiting :(

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

JT Jag posted:

If he actually becomes a hulk because of all the radiation I swear

Nailed it

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
HE SHOT THE SOVEREIGN

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Killinger, Dr Mrs, Gary, Phantom Limb on the counsel of 13? Watch & Ward?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Ohmigod the MMM MMM MMM MMM Song?!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
New Wearables to go with your New Sleepables! http://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/venture-bros-2015

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
He's a Venture, he's coming with! Just like the Monarch.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

null posted:

Cool, ordered stuff. Where did you get the link?

Googled t shirt club venture bros

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Red posted:

1. Dr. Henry Killinger
2. Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
3. Dr. Z
4. Dragoon
5. Red Mantle
6. Dr. Phineas Phage
7. Phantom Limb
8. Watch
9. Ward
It's a safe bet that Trianna's friend Kim will make her reappearance as a Council Member.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Casually reading a book about censorship throughout history lead me to find The Watch and Ward Society of late 19th-early 20th century. They were designed to suppress books, art, and gambling. I'm not creative or intellectual enough to make the connection to the characters besides the name.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Did Fat Chance make it out alive? He was knocked out by Billy's hot Mom and wasn't at the Council of 13 meeting at the end.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

AkumaHokoru posted:

its word play at its finest

If they had two SETS of arms then yes he's talking about them after they mutated but no it was done ages before to DOCS specifications...which means the 2 person release was also likely in doc's plans for it and dean remembered that (though doc didnt because he has his mind on everything but being a good super scientist)

Shut up. Stop it. Doc and Jackson should have put the arm plates one on top of the other but they didn't. No big deal.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Ha-ha! Dangly parts!

You're a bounty hunter, silly!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
I enjoyed the book for the story. :colbert: It was a classic hero arc! The second life/world of warcraft element was interesting and engaging. Yes it was heavy-handed and could have been written by anyone with access to Wikipedia. But I liked it.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

notZaar posted:

What you should have done is sever his jugular with a rusty knife.

Now THAT's a Rusty Venture.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Let's hear Dr. Mrs. The Monarch do Ziggy Stardust!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
God drat i want the promo shirt but can't afford the whole thing. Someone sell me theirs?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Who wants PIZZA ROOOOLLLLS?!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Buckle your mind Dean, cause it's about to get... blown

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
When the gates open, me, Poe... and me rush in. You got that?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Nice onesie dick. That have snaps in the back so you can make poopieeees?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Hatred encountered Dr. Girlfriend and murmured something about the guild still existing. Maybe Hatred will go back to arching and end up on the council? Maybe as a double agent with OSI?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
I never saw the Duran Duran video referenced in the episode. I considered the Billy and White subplot to be reminiscent of House of Mummies, an unexplained (with good reason) predicament with wild scenery and crazy costumes. This happens in the Venture Bros! Just enjoy, let it slide, and watch the Duran Duran video later!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Slo-Tek posted:

I know that. I figured it had to be a reference to some movie where a character wistfully says "when was the last time you went to the zoo?". It was delivered more like an ironic quote than a query.

It was more a setup than anything. Not every line of this show is a reference, though if you look through the history of media you'd be sure to find a similar setup to which you could attribute this line.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

dazoner posted:

This week's t shirt is kind of nice, wished they went with the god gas though.

Here you go, citizen!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that Hank was the waiter pouring Wide Wale's wine.

Yea but it didn't seem to make a difference. He overheard WW but next time we see him is the end of the episode.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch called Blue Morpho a fuckboi! :toot:

EDIT: At the end of the ep how did the Guild know that it was the Blue Morpho who blew up the Doom Factory unless Venture called it in?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

elentar posted:

Solid interview here on Season 6. Minor spoilers probably if you care.

Regarding the video in this interview: glad to see PFT doing more voices on the show than Blue Morpho. He seemed sorely underused as just the original BM considering his talent and range. Also weird to hear the Monarch narrating, he seemed much more subdued than his normal speaking voice. Also, he's back in his Monarch costume?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Holy hell... Season finale tonight ...

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
2019 cannot come soon enough.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

"Are these they?"

"NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT!"

Ever since hearing that line, I do talk like that.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Since this is now an Adult Swim thread, if you haven't heard they are doing a one-off Harvey Birdman revival! Sounds like it's an American politics a la Trump analogue.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbkae4/harvey-birdman-adult-swim-attorney-general-stephen-colbert-vgtrn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
It's great that at the beginning of this season we see Vatred leading a group of young boys on the tour and he seems perfectly normal!