Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Mordiceius posted:

I only ever watched the first two seasons of the Venture Bros. Are seasons 3 and 4 as high of quality?

I think they get better every time, but I really like character development/arcs.

With every new season I get a new favorite episode, I can only imagine how season 5 will go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Pope Guilty posted:

I used to be pretty, yeah. But not no more.

Look at my face

I'm pretty sure the cartoon series was loosely based on the true events of his childhood.
Edit: beaten

What trips me up is that Scooby Doo is a cartoon referenced by Triana in regards to Hank's clothes, based on real people referenced by Action Johnny on his way into the strip joint, but also parodied with murderers in Dia de los Dangerous. The same thing goes with the main characters being a parody of Johnny Quest but also having Johnny Quest characters in the show.

It's almost too much for the OCD fanboy in me to handle, but then I remember that this is the greatest show ever made and I guess I get over it.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 24, 2013

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Entropic posted:

I'm sad that the scrotalsafetycommission website is no longer up.

Here you go
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/monkiehouse/scrotal_safety.html

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

ultramiraculous posted:

I'm pretty sure Action Jonny was supposed to be just Jonny Quest

I know, that's what I mean, they have parody characters(Doc) interacting with the characters they're parodying(Action Johnny/Quest)
Normally I'd nitpick that kinda decision but Johnny's one of my favorite side characters on the show.

Looks like you got a little herpe on your lip there, you been kissin' your wife's rear end?

After I put herpe in there.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Preem Palver posted:

To expand on this, the Halloween episode was pulled from the middle of the new season; Hatred growing tits and Dean becoming emo will presumably be happening in the episodes set chronologically before the Halloween one.

Yeah in the new clip he just has messy hair, in the Halloween episode it's grown out quite a bit. I have a feeling he'll be loving off more than following through with the super science routine.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Shindragon posted:

don't lie you were holding your breath that Brock might of come late and might of found his friends dead.
It just worked perfectly.

I was practically hyperventilating, I don't think season 5 was confirmed yet and it was such a beautiful and cathartic moment. I get chills during that scene, it's my favorite part of my favorite episode of my favorite show(and one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands).

I don't think I've ever gotten that worked up over a TV show.

SRM posted:

The same song was used in some Ethan Hawke movie in the 90s

Dude it was the remake/second adaptation of Great Expectations, I seem to remember it being pretty fuckin good too(killer soundtrack obviously).

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

ultramiraculous posted:

I'll take the murder machine on the right.

Ha ha ha I was just thinkin to myself I'd like a little of both.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can anyone remember what Dr Girlfriend's confession was at the end of season two / start of season three? Because I've seen it four times now and still don't get what it was meant to be.

It's never specifically said but it was "I signed us up as a duo" but they keep it vague so you don't really know what the guild is doing til the end of the episode when they change their status from villain and number 2 to partners in crime.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

You realize people who obsess over and debate horrible minutiae of TV shows are the people being made fun of right?

Yeah but the creators know the trivia, they're making fun of themselves a little too. The same way we're all laughing at ourselves when we laugh at the 21s and Billy Quizboys of the show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

LRH wasn't a 'ghost' so much as his 'spirit' left his robot body (the same way Scientologists said it did when he died in '86). The thing that didn't make sense about it is that if that was in the 60s and 70s, he was still alive then.

Maybe he wasn't dead and he projects his spirit into robot bodies to fight Jonas and then jumps back when they're destroyed.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

He thinks himself such a genius that the bare minimum effort is needed for anything, and so arrogant that he never second guesses himself.

gently caress. My life.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Aw you guys suck. I saw 50 new posts and thought there would be news for sure.

Anyway, here's a picture of me in a Venture Bros LARP at Gen Con

I'm hiding under a row of chairs from time displaced Dinosaurs.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Internet Webguy posted:

The Dinosaurs were displaced from the 90s?

No, but I did see that Robbie cosplay elsewhere at the con.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I actually thought they were trying to imply that's the kinda thing Shore Leave would call them about and that's how they know he's there.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Brock, be a dear and fluff the husband

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

RandallODim posted:

This is my favorite for giving the follow-up line "It's like he channels dead crazy people."

Which leads to the ever so introspective "Do you think it's a cry for help?", one of my personal favorites.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

SRM posted:

It saddens me that "Facial hair is not a substitute for a jaw line! No matter how you trim it." isn't a quote I can search and just get a video of it.

Hits too close to home on the internet.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

(Their cover of "The Passion of Lovers" is gorgeous.)

I even like it better than the original. I think Weep usually plays at or around the conventions Doc does panels for, I highly recommend seeing/listening to them

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 17, 2015

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I don't think Red Death was killing his arches once a year, I think he's known for murdering sidekicks, girlfriends, etc. I assume the only arch he murdered was the one he was obsessed with. Think of him in comic book terms, Batman spends all year fighting the Mad Hatter or Scarface with no consequence then the Joker strolls into town, kills some randos, endangers Batman's loved ones, monologues, kills/cripples a sidekick, and disappears.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Medullah posted:

drat pirates downloading everything instead of buying DVDs and paying for cable forcing people to charge for stuff. :(

Don't blame this poo poo on me.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

They mention his name in the commentary.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Arm_Fruit posted:

Ever since hearing that line, I do talk like that.

I fake correct people all the time but nobody gets the reference.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Y'all done slept on Bibleman, you can grab tapes on tapes on tapes of that poo poo at your local Salvation Army. Willie motherfuckin Aames back at it again with them Shoes of Peace.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Which is kinda funny because they only have 2.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Brightman posted:

"You can read it like a book, but this is not a book, this is a suicide note!"

Who the gently caress is Gary!?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

The pilot owns and anyone who says otherwise is just a big ole crumb-bum. That said it's def among the worst episodes

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

My headcanon for that was he had good intentions for the orphan(like with that Mexican kid who was his Hadji when he was a kid himself), but something screwy happened, kid died, and since Rusty is a practical sort, he decided to use what was left of him to finish the Joy Can

I always took it as he needed a corpse and orphans go unclaimed, not like he had a kid murdered.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yeah, it's not safe to wander aimlessly around here.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

Ah its for the best, if she's willing to walk away from Dean just because of what a talking demon dog told her, then she's not worth it.

I feel like we've been watching different shows.

I get that there's an endless supply of excuses why (having to pay a new voice actor, women not suffering from arrested development in the same way, hard to write for, etc) but it really wouldn't kill them to write more women that aren't love interests or throwaway cameos.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

tarlibone posted:

I was just reading in the Star Trek thread before I came here. So, when I read this post, my main question was, "To whom is Q giving this inter-butt-ular heroin delivery system, and does whoever he's giving it to even want it? Can it be removed without reappearing? Does it have John de Lancie's face on any part of it? Does that part talk? Picard! It's Picard, isn't it!"

Then I remembered where I was: the Venture Bros. thread. And Q is from James Bond... which everyone is talking about right now.

Geez. It's like I'm channeling dead crazy people.

Do you think it's a cry for help?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yeah they call the movie's director in Shadow of the Vampire herr doktor.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Where was Doc?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Or loudly retiring the character with a big bang(not like that).

I swear McKinnon was doing the OSI agent now that she's a full blown character.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Holy poo poo! Is Rusty going on a date!?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

He was my favorite part of Difficult People.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Scare Bear knows who/ Hank and Dean are because he's a creepy stalker who's always lurking in the background.

You know as soon as Dean went dark I started to think there was a good chance that he'd end up a bitter jaded villain to Hank's chipper adventurous hero now it seems like maybe I was on to something.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

The Doc and Billy that walk out of the time machine think they've traveled to prehistoric times, that's why they keep calling Mission Creep a caveman and that's why they are surprised to see Malcolm.

I very much look forward to the truth about Doc and the Monarch coming to light and this little interlude makes me hopeful that it will happen soon, though if Doc and Billy are rushing through time to fix something it might not go well.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Weep is a great post punk/goth band. In the commentary for season 2 I think, when Doc still wasn't sure if the show was real, he mentioned not being certain if he was going to keep doing Venture Bros because of his music. He was previously in the even gother band Mors Siphylitica with his then wife/the voice of Triana so I don't know which band he was talking about but needless to say I feel bad for how his condition will no doubt effect his first two loves (music and painting) while we all breathe a sigh of relief because it certainly won't stop him from writing/designing our favorite show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I always hated his promo material so I never checked him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

What do people watch DuckTales on?