Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was going to post in the other thread how much i love how the Pirate Captain says "Ghooooost Pirate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always assumed that they were mistaking Pete White with the guy from Depeche Mode.

I heard on the VH1, he's totally straight.
But he's in Depeche Mode!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I literally never noticed that the machine gun is hitting Hank in the dick over and over again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DrBouvenstein posted:

That reminds me, they should get John DiMaggio to do a voice on VB.

Get Billy West in there and have them another duo. That gets killed the same episode they show up.

Thank god I could watch this on Adult Swims site. No channels in Canada carry any AS stuff, so we have to wait until the dvds come out.

Pretty much everything that I could say has been said, but hot drat I cannot wait to see more.

I'm curious to what character Gillian Jacobs is playing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Babe Magnet posted:

I've seen basically every episode of Squidbillies and it's supremely stupid and absolutely amazing.

Yea, once I watched a few episodes of it enough times I realized it is pretty entertaining. Though a goon once said "Oh you need to know this certain part of Georgia to get it" really put me off for a long time. What the gently caress would you make a tv show that only about 200k people would get, and most are all hillbillies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp, now I know what Gillian Jacobs was doing.

Awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shindragon posted:

Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion,

I always figured it was Dean Dorothy, Brock Scarecrow and Doc Cowardly Lion.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in Tag Sale, your It, the Monarch and Dr Girlfriend are talking about "Are those tiny pants or giant shorts?". A friend of mine who's been watching the series asked me "What are they talking about?". I figure that they are talking about those baggy, man capries that were popular about 15 years ago with dumb people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Maybe he wasn't dead and he projects his spirit into robot bodies to fight Jonas and then jumps back when they're destroyed.

That's actually what I figured.

Man, this was a pretty good, and fun episode. No serious life or death things, just Doc's happiness at stake.

Though I honestly thought Billy was going to wake up on top of Pete in a much worse position.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

dazoner posted:

Eat the pennies.

Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.

I was sold of St Cloud from that exchange.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow I didn't notice until just now the L Ron robot has a cravat on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Delaio posted:

I laughed when I saw the disclaimer on the Hank Bucks: "This note is fake Hank tender and can be used only where fake money has value"

I laughed at this until i was in pain.

Oh man, this was such a great episode, but aren't they all? I love everything to do with the OSI, and I loved how Shoreleave was only slightly less skilled than Brock when it came to dealing with Molotov. I honestly have to say he's my favorite character outside of the core cast.

Hank, laying there, all pee stained and pale, just gross. I'm surprised they didn't have his skin all prune like and coming off, like when you have a bandaid on too long.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm 100% sure that its written Klu Klown.

And I was wondering, isn't Gather's head of OSI now? Why does he have to answer to someone else, unless the Investors were impersonating people from the Secret President's government.

And knowing The VB universe, the Secret President is probably David Lynch or someone like that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jerusalem posted:

Are the blu-rays good quality? I have seasons 1-3 on DVD but figured I'd hold out to pick up season 4 on blu-ray and it basically slipped my mind.

It looks really good. The animation is sharp and the colours really vibrant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm surprised the Apache Chief guy didn't say Innuchuck! when he picked up the water fountain.

I'm so insanely happy that the Myra: Hank and Deans mom? has been laid to rest. I always hated the idea that she was their mom. I always picture that the boys mom was a woman who legitimaty had a good relationship with Doc and probably made him a better person, but died not long after the boys were born in some accident, and that broke Doc even worse than before. Why he got the idea to make the clone bank of the boys, so he could never lose them he lost their mother.

And Nutty Buddy is an actual term! I have only ever heard it once before used, but if Doc used it, then more than one person uses it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

We, in Canada, call those Drumsticks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DarkCrawler posted:

Wow, are you going to be disappointed. :smith:

I know :smith: I just have hope that Doc was a good person at least once.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PostNouveau posted:

They mention in one of the commentary tracks that they have to design characters themselves. The offshore animators can't design for them, and they don't have the budget to hire anyone stateside to do it. So you get a lot of background characters showing up over and over again, as well as background characters getting fleshed out. When they need a new character, it's easier to just grab one that's already designed.

Someday we'll see story about the guy with a plug for a head or the space invaders guy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am also using a Hank of Yarn as a weapon, remember we are INSANE CRIMINALS!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

prefect posted:

He goes where the blacktion is.

That sounds like a good Blacksploitation movie

And Shore Leave would kill all of your favorite characters in nothing but a tuxedo speedo.

Boom, yummy!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god only on the 3rd watch that I realized that Don Hell is supposed to be Don Heck, one of the classic Marvel artists. I caught it was a BoS bunker right off the bat though.

Its pretty obvious that Bock is banging Amber Gold though.

This episode is probably one of my favorite episodes of this series ever. But I love any OSI/GCI action.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

No he was with a woman, which is incredible since he is in Depeche Mode.

It was only the guy went to for Yaz that was gay I think. But yea, Dave Gahan is totally a Guild villain. I'd like to Imagine, Bernard Sumner, Morrissey, Souxsie Sue and Robert Smith are all members too. They were part of their 80s recruitment drive. OSI totally took out Ian Curtis!

I also thought they were talking about Pete and Billy, but i was confused how they thought Billy was a woman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was watching CNN and they had a quick bit on Comic Con, and a really really excellent female Underbite walked by.

Oh man, I am so stoked for tomorrows episode. Sadly its the last, and only a Half hour, I think?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They should have had the waitresses at Don Heck's look more like Triana and Kim just to troll the fanboys.

Its funny, when they showed the house I was "Hey thats just like the end of Mad Men, but thats impossible because that episode was only like a month ago".

I can understand how people would be disappointed in this episode because all the other finales have been something big. This was fairly low key, and if this was say, the second last episode then people would be enjoying it more. Personally, I loved it and I really cannot wait to see what these changes will mean to the characters.

I like to think that Hank and Dean have come to terms to who they are, and are going to be more aware of who they want to be. Gathers really should give hank a job at OSI.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ror posted:

I heard Frankenstein today and now I demand to know why Edgar Winter hasn't been added to the show's cast of old rockers. And albinos.

Albinos have their own guild, and he is their leader.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jscolon2.0 posted:

It occurred to me a little late that he's probably a pastiche of Lowlight and Cover Girl of all things.

Hah, I knew he was probably Lowlight (the only GI sniper i can think of) and someone else, I figured like Flint, but Cover Girl makes a lot more sense. Though I'm not sure why the OSI Snake Eyes is called Afterburner, when he's clearly some kind of Ninja. Afterburner would be a pilots name. That guy should be called Boxcars or something else dice related.

Sunday is now depressing, no VB, no Game of Thrones, no Mad Men, not even new Bobs Burgers, Simpsons or American, and Breaking Bad is still like 3 weeks away, and forever until Boardwalk Empire. Sundays suck.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

scary ghost dog posted:

Get with it man. True Blood is the best avenue for cheese on a Sunday night.

To quote a Goonette friend of mine, "I don't watch that crap!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always figured that the reason the clones were all the same age is because that is the first age that Hank and Dean died.

Just saw an AT&T ad with James Urbaniak, his only line is after one of his employees asks to borrow his boat, a very flat No.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One thing that never read well in Dr Quim was that she starts to have a fit, and clutches the thing around her neck which has a cigarette in it, but I think they were trying to suggest that she was the Wereodile to the audience. It never really worked though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SRM posted:

I don't love that episode, but it's all worth it for Dr. Venture's flippant "Ew!" when he's told she's an epileptic.

I like Brock in that episode, he really, really doesn't want to be there. Also him being grossed out by Doc talking about banging Quim.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even though Dermot knows that Rusty is his dad, he still thinks his Grandmother is his mom, poor guy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At least we won't have the season split up like the last one. Though season 5 complete BR was available on Amazon months before it was available in store in Canada.

But yea, pretty much every show with regular seasons has a pre season dvd release of the last one; sons of anarchy, bbt, community, etc. Unless the show has weird seasons spaces like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, they stick to that pretty close.

Though something tells me VB seasons are out when they are ready. When ever that is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someday I'll be able to afford Tshirt club :(

At least there's like a year for me to get a better job/promotion so I can afford it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love seeing the younger versions of the characters. Punk Monarch makes me chuckle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't like the Sphinx playset, the big head is way too creepy.

YOUR MOTHER IS CALLING, THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yaz shows up on my ipod a couple times due to being on those electronic 80s collections from Ministry of Sound, and everytime I skip over one I think "How many Yaz albums do you have on this thing!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized yesterday I cannot say Scooby Doo without saying it like Col. Gentlemen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SRM posted:

Sssshtay Alive! The Shurvival Game!

Imperial eh-tee eh-tee Walker

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oops, that's how it sounded in my head, I should have sounded it out instead. I hang my head in shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
People complained about how they never talked about the show on the commentaries, but I think people are coming around to enjoying just smart, witty people with lots of pop culture knowlage yakking it up. How many podcasts are just that?

Is there any release date for season 5?