Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Renzuko posted:

Why does Sargent hatred have breasts?

I guess they decided you don't masturbate enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The difference is that Johnny had Race Bannon, whereas Rusty had Colonel Gentleman, the Action Man, and Kano.

No, wait, that does the opposite of explain anything...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Cool, so now we know Sgt. Hatred's full real name. Courtney Haine.

Sounds like the front woman for an all-girl grunge band.

EDIT: Also, holy poo poo, why was I able to watch this on adultswim.com from Canada?!? Is it not region-specific anymore?

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 4, 2013

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

IUG posted:

So here's my theory from this episode.

• Trianna meets The Master, who tells her to leave the compound because Dean's got garbage genetics.
  • Dean, now probably over Trianna, starts looking at other girls, including the one in that colony.
  • This puts Dean into the contact with the other genetically altered people, and puts him where they get the curiflies (or whatever they were called).
  • The curiflies cure the genetic problems the students had, but also inject Dean I believe.

• Did this actually cure Dean of the problems he would have being cloned?
  • Did the master know this was going to happen (since he could tell Dean's future), and sent Trianna away so that Dean would be in the right place for the cure?

Or the Master could just have been loving with Triana's head to get her to leave. That's always a possibility.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The only thing I found a bit jarring about Aziz Ansari's voice was that he somehow sounds more...I dunno, contemporary than the rest of the cast. He's very much a man of his time.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I figured Hatred's boobs are an unintended side-effect of the cocktail of hormones and chemicals the OSI was using to suppress his pedophilic tendencies.

Or perhaps the lack thereof, if he's off the drugs now.

EDIT: Just bought Archer on DVD. I gotta say, after watching the unaired pilot, the original actor they had playing Sterling was just way better than H. Jon Benjamin.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 7, 2013

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If they ever make a Shazam/Captain Marvel movie, I want Patrick Warburton to be Shazam/Captain Marvel.

After hearing him play the part in Young Justice my vote goes to Rob Lowe.

Also...when the hell is season 5 going to be released in Canada? I keep checking on Amazon and it keeps saying it's an import.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I just didn't like King of the Hill.

Or Seinfeld, for that matter.

I loved Arrested Development, though, so go figure.

Oh, and Venture Brothers. I love Venture Brothers. Which this thread is ostensibly about.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The difference between Seinfeld and Arrested Development is that I never actually ended up hating the Bluths.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

prefect posted:

Everything Treister says is great, but that kills me every time.

"I want lists and solutions by the time I finish this jey-oose box. Warning! I am tirstay and it is fah-root punch and it is delicious!"

To this day neither my wife nor I can pronounce juice box or fruit punch properly.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I know Venture Brothers was done in Flash for most of its run (excepting, I think, the pilot). I think they changed their production methods for this past season.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Flash is just a tool. How good anything looks is going to be a result of how much effort you put into it. If you use Flash in conjunction with professional character design and animation techniques it'll look good. If you half-rear end it and rely heavily on built in shape and motion tweening it'll probably look what you associate with a typical Flash cartoon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I want Treister and JJ to team up now.

"Who run Barter Town? Jonas Jr. run Barter Town!"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Havoc904 posted:

But as of right now, my guess for Rusty donning a mask and killing Guild members will either be a clone/alternate Rusty or have something to do with Jonas Jr controlling his sub conscious while he is asleep.

My money's on it being a one-off gag that has absolutely no impact on the rest of the season.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Sorry if it was answered earlier in the thread, I just watched the special, but where was Pete White? He was in the Prom episode but I don't remember him dying or anything.

He was hangin' out in the background at JJ's funeral.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

On the downside, Adult Swim is blocking the episode on their site outside of the US for copyright reasons.

I watched it on my phone no problem and I live in Quebec. Maybe phones are a blind spot.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Treister is an absolute gem. No way are they going to let him stay dead.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Red posted:

Didn't he (or She-Hulk) drink waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much alcohol as a hulk, then return to human form and became horribly sick?

That was She-Hulk. Issue #1, page 25.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Red posted:

That's true. Cover Girl would be a good pun, but that's actually a character.

Maybe... Mabel Lean? :smith:

Estée Slaughter?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's perfect for everything. From a super spy to a short order cook to an inspirational can of mixed vegetables.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rotten Cookies posted:

Operation PROM, the first glimpse of Dean as not a total wuss.

Are you forgetting the righteous rear end-whooping he laid on Dermott in The Buddy System?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'd rather see Hank and Freddie have a serious discussion about kerchiefs.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Machai posted:

There are flashbacks of them in the womb

A womb. Artificially grown. Or possibly a gorilla womb.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I never believe a new season is airing until I've watched it in its entirety.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Buttmeister posted:

Also, guess where my avatar is from, and no googling!

Your successful art therapy sessions?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It looks like it wanted to be a Nordiques logo but couldn't because of trademark infringement.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Every show needs its "I acquit". Venture Brothers' is "I don't drive men!"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Fuckin' old school run-off-on-a-junior-high-mimeograph-while-the-secretary-is-eating-lunch-so-everything-is-all-purple-and-blurry 'zine, too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

No way, according to the dialog, the donation had already been made. They were stealing his stuff in the background.

The stuff they're hauling off is his donation.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

Why would he donate priceless art instead of more money? That makes no sense.

Because it's funny. This is a comedy show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

Guys, the gag is that the guild is stealing this poo poo right behind his back, like literally behind his back.

The gag is that the guy bought his way into the Guild of Calamitous Intent with lovely Ebay fodder.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

If his power is having lots of money, why wouldn't he pay with money? Why would they choose to animate the items being removed exclusively in shots behind St. Cloud's head? Why would the guild wait to start moving items until after St. Cloud sat down with his back to the door?

I mean, unless the commentaries have some magic answer this is pointless. But I think it is way funnier for the guild to be stealing from him, rather than him being so poor he has to hock his goods rather than write a check to the Orphan's fund.

The point isn't that he's poor, the point is that it's funny that he's paying for his membership in a guild of supervillains with movie collectibles. Just like 21 tried to pay Doc to clone 24 with a comic book.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A huge regret I have is that, back when I had access to silk screen printing facilities back in college, I didn't use them to plaster all of my plain t-shirts with Venture Brothers logos.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shindragon posted:

Also watching the first reason, Brock talked really low. Warburton almost sounds asleep half the time when Brock talks casually.

I love the way Doc and Jackson describe Warburton's voice.

"Hey, I'm Patrick Warburton. I talk like I'm perpetually yawning."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And this is how I find out.