Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
This is the Prisoner's Dilemma, isn't it? I remember playing this against some friends of mine once.

Granted, we weren't trapped by a psychotic bunny and being forced to play to the death, but the same principle applies, right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

The biggest problem I see is that one person is Zero. That means that at some point (most likely at the end of the game) that person will betray their opponent and get out, screwing everyone else.

This is, of course, assuming that Zero is one of the group.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Well poo poo. Is it possible for us to stay with Luna for the rest of the game? She's the only one we can trust to not betray us in the AB game.

On an unrelated note: Zero III is a rabbit, right? What girl followed the rabbit into Wonderland? Alice. What do rabbits eat? Clover. I think this particular Nonary game is targeted at them.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

theshim posted:

One thing that keeps popping up is bugging me. People keep saying dead people auto-ally - who says dead people still get to play the Ambidex Game? Did I miss that, or is it an assumption?

I think that anyone who opens a door using a bracelet and a card will be entered into the AB game. So yes, having a bracelet can let you get 3 BP automatically.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I think the Nonary Game this time around is slower and forces people to wait so that they will overthink things. Just look at the thread: we're talking in circles trying to figure out how to get everyone out alive.

I also expect Luna to be Zero. Beware the nice ones :tinfoil:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

If we want to figure out what the deal is with the Nonary Game this time around our best bet is to go with Clover. We need her to trust us. What better way than to ally with her in the AB game? If she betrays, both Siggy and Alice are dead.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

For some reason I'm seeing bolts, like Frankenstein. Quark must be another AI set against Zero.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Fools! We want to see how other characters interact. We've already seen Luna once this playthrough. Anyway, we need to see what Clover's deal is.

e: Fedule, what's up with the title of the non-puzzle room updates? It looks like some sort of DOS line, but I can't be sure.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

This makes sense. A remarkable amount of sense.

Huh.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Theoretically, both players could open their door, and then only enter one. That is, all three players enter the same AB room.

At that point, the room's occupants would be essentially forced to ally. As the third couldn't choose, but was there watching them.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

It's so easy for us as players to say "Oh well sure, we should just try to get everyone out alive and here's how to do it." In the situation itself, where your life was on the line, unless you had balls of steel you would never feel safe allying.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

He asked a question. I wanted to say more than just "no." :shobon:

Please just say "no." The whole "oh boy you guys will love this character wink wink nudge nudge this is the best storyline" kind of crap is really irritating.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Speaking of Sigma being a sleaze, how about Alice and the doctor's coat? Luna I might be able to understand (especially with her 'falling for you all over again' crap) but Alice was just out of left field.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I think Luna's going to end up being some sort of neuroscientist. One who worked for Cradle Pharamceuticals and developed the soporific that's going to kill anyone who loses the Nonary Game.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Guys I have some bad news, it turns out we're in one of the bad ends where Fedule doesn't finish the LP.

We just have to hope that our selves in the other timelines will be able to learn from our mistakes.

How do you know that, hmm? Are you Zero? I think you're Zero.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Speedball posted:

Yeah, at this point, we're pretty sure Luna's not some sort of secret serial killer (if she is, she's the world's best actress) and Phi has been competent and decent.

Problem is that Quark's probably an rear end in a top hat and is going to get us all trapped forever. He's probably Zero, too. :tinfoil:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Luna could have been the killer?

or....maybe the dead lady is Luna... :ohdear:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Aumanor posted:

We're in some deeeeep poo poo, last game we at least had Lotus.

Don't be forgetting Seven. Dude was built like a mountain, after all.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Nine little players, they think they are set;
One disappears, and makes them all fret.

Eight little players, going to town;
The next one gets stabbed and simply falls down.

Seven little players, hoping they'll be found;
Poor player found dead when no one's around.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Lady Charlemagne posted:

Could someone simplify the timeline with the old woman and the rooms? I'm having trouble following it.

As far as we know:

1) People wake up in a room
2) People get out of the room
3) They split up into the rooms
4) At some point during this, the farthest room on the right (Luna's) gets picked up and moved to the far left
5) Everyone comes back, finds the old woman, etc.

It's been theorized in-game that between 1 and 2 the killer threw the bloody handkerchief and knife between the farthest room to the right and the one next to it.

6) The next round of the Nonary game
7) Alice sees something while the others are looking for Quark
8) Alice contracts a serious case of the dead
9) Ambidex round, everyone storms off
10) We come back with Phi, find out the truth, etc.
11) We go with K and Luna's on the floor with her bracelet off.

e: damnit, beaten.

double e: Yeah, sorry. I keep not getting the spacial relations. I just assumed we went to a different floor.

GeneralYeti fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 6, 2013

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

If Luna really is a robot, it would be child's play to turn her off, let the rest of the group get in a puzzle, then kill them one by one.

I'm just hoping that everyone dies in a quick burst, rather than one by one. Think Sub ending versus Axe ending.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Who has Alice's bracelet? We kinda need that to continue...

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Eh, I would probably say the same thing. I mean, other people getting to live is a nice benefit, but I want to live.

In a situation like this, I'd personally be watching out for number 1. I don't want to die for some chumps who can't work together.

Regardless, we don't know much about Dio. Maybe he has some dark secret where he NEEDS to stay alive.

Or maybe he's just an rear end in a top hat.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Meirlkor posted:

And it's calibre. :downs:

:goonsay: The two are actually synonyms. Caliber and calibre are more or less interchangeable.

As for content, I don't get the hatred for this room some people had. The puzzles didn't seem that hard (although I probably wouldn't have gotten the whole turning off the screens thing).

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Oh no Sigma! :ohdear: Is he a Gaulem too?

edit: It seems like he got shut down, like G-OLM. Maybe Zero didn't want him seeing who the murderer was?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Fedule, you bastard :argh:

Dio seems to be a prick, so I'm blaming him. I think it might actually be Clover, but Dio lied. If you lie, you're the culprit.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Radical-6 is a highly infectious disease that may or may not be loose in the world. We really don't know as of this point, though I think it's highly likely.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

I'm surprised no one in the thread came up with the same culprit logic as Phi and Sigma.

See, most of us just assumed Dio was an rear end in a top hat and didn't care about how we were going to make it through the door.

Because he's a dick, you see.

Clover seems to have a bloodied wrist without a bracelet. Maybe that one on the floor is hers?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Fedule :argh:

Do we have a timeframe for how long Sigma was passed out? If we don't, I'm willing to bet the killer is Phi.

e: the Nine Little Players rhyme so far, courtesy of myself and Stabbey_The_Clown:

Nine little players, they think they are set;
One disappears, and makes them all fret.

Eight little players, going to town;
The next one gets stabbed and simply falls down.

Seven little players, hoping they'll be found;
Poor player found dead when no one's around.

Six little players, looking for a door;
Two didn't make it in, now there's only four.

Four little players, looking for a clue;
They found a spear and axe, think that will do?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Time for some wild theories that may or may not have logic behind them.

Ahem. First, Luna has a doctorate, but isn't a person qualified to examine bodies. Despite this, she knows exactly how big and deep the wound is without looking at the murder weapon. It just so happens that the murder weapon matches the wound dimensions perfectly. Now, that in and of itself isn't strange, but a knife being driven into someone and then taken out would likely stretch the wound somewhat.

This, therefore, leads me to believe that the person who murdered the old woman is Luna, with the supporting evidence of the room changing placed and the whole handkerchief thing. Now, why would Luna want to kill an old woman?

This leads me to my second theory, that Luna is in fact the Gaulem. The old woman bears a striking coincidence to Luna, if only older. In addition, if Luna is the Gaulem, that knife would make sense and it's possible to explain all the other deaths.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Rith posted:

True. I think in my head I was envisioning that they'd get down to the Ambidex Rooms and find they'd all been hoisted up to the ceiling or something, but that would be tricky with only one crane.

They're all stacked on one another, and the bottom one is already filled.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Would you say that there is Zero Escape for you

Everybunny can get out, silly.

They just need 9 points.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Why on earth wouldn't Sigma and Phi go into an AB room and vote ally? That way, even if they get themselves stuck, they won't die and will have 9 BP and get the gently caress out of dodge when they finally find Quark's dead corpse*. The password had better be something ridiculous, because I have no clue what it could be.

*That was guessing, mind you.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

maswastaken posted:

There's no way we're getting in. Whose deaths are we supposed to remember? How do we even derive login details from it/them?

Clearly Zero took a page from Kingdom Hearts and the password is "AliceLunaCloverTenmyoujiKDioQuark". No clue about the username, though. Maybe Zero?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Quick sort of off topic question, but is there an Android browser that can actually read Fedule's updates? I don't know what he does, no other thread on the forums EVER does this, but when trying to read some (not all) VLR updates (especially this last one) the browser crashes. Here's the trick though: so far NOT ONE doesn't. Default browser, Chrome, Dolphin, all three dropped to the home screen no questions asked, not even a "Unfortunately this app has closed" message like I see with everything else. Now it's driving me insane, cause I want to see this loving flowchart you're all on about, and I'm no where near home!

Have you tried Awful Betamax? I'm not sure if it works well with Fedule, though. I know it works with everything else. It's a free app.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

To be fair, Clover's stupid hair things were in the first game too. They just weren't as pronounced.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Speedball posted:

Zero III wearing some kind of Chinese outfit makes me think he's related to the Chinese Zodiac. Maybe there's eleven other insane animal-themed AIs out there.

The dragon tied itself in a knot, and the other ten are trying to get him loose. That's why we don't see them.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

So this is our reward for being virtuous, huh? Looks like we're stabbing everybody in the back from now on.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Well, considering that we're at 1 BP right now, yeah, I'd say we're probably going to be leaning a bit towards Betrayal in future rounds.

Not if we pair up with Luna. She'll ally with us :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I hate you all.

The Klobbinator posted:

I understand that purrfectly meow, I completely purrgot about that; but it still isn't enough for my Zero Escape pun quota.

Hey now, no need to be getting catty.

• Locked thread