Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
To be honest, I kind of love the hidden files being minor spoilers. Also, they really do a good job of giving additional back-story in the later sections, I think.

Man, I feel like I should replay this game ahead of time because my memories fuzzy on the more nuanced parts. I don't have that much free time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sundowner posted:

I have neither played the game nor read the previous LP. I probably should but I'm not too heavily vested in the game or series. I might go through it in the time between updates here.

I played this game without having played 999 before hand. This is the wrong way to do it. Read the 999 lp.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Which makes Clover literally the worst at codenames ever.

No, she's the best at it. Think about it; if you use your real name as your codename, nobody will be able to guess your real name.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Dio's top hat is awesome and I will brook no argument that suggests otherwise :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I swear you guys, if you don't start with Luna, I will be so very disappointed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Crap, I didn't realize the letters were called out like that. I actually used the poster to solve the puzzle. Knowing that would have been a great time-saver.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

quote:

I love this file. I like when a game gets cheeky.

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, it's a misspelling of caliber, meaning one's importance or status. Calm yourself.

I believe the guy you're responding to knows :ssh:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

So, I leave the thread for a few days, and everyone ends up dead.

Way to go, goons. I'm blaming you all for this. :colbert:

Hey now, not everyone is dead, just most of them. Yay goons, you didn't kill everyone! :buddy:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jynxite posted:

Since everyone is talking about Gaulems, I'd like to bring up something I noticed a while ago but never mentioned because, well, it wasn't a good time to.

As we've discerned that similar model letters indicate related Gaulems, I'd like to point out that Golem had a designation of CM, which two other Gaulems shared.

I think this means that there are two other Gaulems in this game that we'll be seeing. Perhaps one is behind the rash of killings?

That last one is pretty clearly Mike. Probably Zero's real name!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nidoking posted:

But names are proper nouns and would start with, or in this case, consist of in their entirety, uppercase letters.

chaos :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Yeah that's the only thing I'm taking away from this, what the gently caress guys? :confused:

Yeah, let's just let the kid commit suicide, totally alright thing to do.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alopex posted:

I'm pretty sure that he's gonna go ally and this was just getting us to confirm an ally-ally.

Justify yourself.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Idea for a new thread rule (a serious idea this time, not just said tongue-in-cheek) for cases like this (where we're at a choice and it seems like one (or both) might be a quick death): if the voted-on choice does lead to a quick death, no going back to that same choice and just picking the other outcome.

If the picking either Ally or Betray gets picked it leads to a dead end (be it a death, a to be continued, or even an actual ending), we'd have to go back onto one of the other branches we've already been to - not just redoing the same AB game right away. I know it seems like an extra rule just for the sake of a rule, but it seems like a lot of the people in the thread are making their decision pretty flippantly.

I know that we know we can go back to the decision if we end up making the wrong choice, and I even know that the ability to go back to different points is enough of an in-game mechanic that it has its own interface button, but I think that people have gotten into the mindset of "I guess it doesn't really matter" a bit too heavily. After all, Sigma has no clue that it's possible to go back to a different point, so if we're making choices IC as him we shouldn't have the power to jump around in mind.

The choices like this need more weight, they need to feel more pressing and final.

This would be a bad thread rule.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
When I hit this block, I said gently caress it and went to the cyan door because I was tired of Dio's poo poo. Interesting that the poll is shaping up to just go down the other path.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

This is helping me cement that Sigma is a far better protagonist then Junpei ever was. He's not being a creeper and he's actually gives a drat about what's happening to everyone.

Not going back and finding all that poo poo, but Junpei has definitely acted like a creeper before towards Phi and Luna.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fedule posted:

There'll also be zero Zero Escape.

(I can't believe the marketing people actually tried to get away with "There is Zero Escape!" as a back-of-the-box tagline)

Marketing people decided to call the third x-box the xbox one. Marketing people make a lot of moves that make no sense to the conman man and woman.

Aumanor posted:

Bitch!

Bitch!!

And now we don't even get to dodge her in this round?
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!:argh:

gently caress this poo poo, I'm voting betray even if she takes every single other player hostage.

Dude calm down, it's just a game. Alice can't hear you calling her a bitch thru the screen.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

might be wrong posted:

This room was such bullshit. And not just because my game crashed twice.

So this LP finally convinced me to buy the game and I'm wondering, does the game railroad you into finishing up all the other endings before getting to the 'good' end? Or is it possible to stumble onto the true ending before completing the other paths? I don't want to google it for fear of spoilers :v:

Just play the game normally and don't worry about it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

The parallelogram is the only thing in this game I just looked up a guide for. What a dumb puzzle.

i worked on that thing for like a half-hour before giving up, i'm really bad at spatial recognition i guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
anyway, my fav thing about this room is that I picked up VLR without knowing about 999 (a friend told me it was a cool puzzle game so I didn't pay attention to the whole sequel thing) so the Akane reveal totally didn't register as important to me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Maybe Tenmyouji and Clover planned this in advance, but I find it far more satisfying if he just knew what Clover was going to do because he knows her too well. :allears:

It's crazy to think we're supposedly near the end when we still know so little. I don't know if this game has an equivalent to the Safe Ending where you get 60% of the whole picture before the true ending fills in all the gaps or if everything is just going to be backloaded onto whatever final path we end up on.

basically everytime you hit a plot lock is the safe ending, and op is being dead serious when he says we're near the end, the game's last like 5% is loaded with plot

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RelentlessImp posted:

Tenmyouji so very needs another loving betrayal after pulling that poo poo. Him and Quark can rot in this place. And Quark's poo poo is just annoying. "I know grandpa is condemning you all to a slow death, but he's a good guy, really!" gently caress off! If you assholes had just agreed to all Ally we'd be out of here already! Die in a fire, Quark! Get hosed, Tenmyouji! "Good People Die"? How about "Irredeemable Assholes Die"? "I want to be a good person"? Like hell! You all want to be backstabbing chickenshits! Beat Dio into a mass of twitching flesh barely covering nerve endings! Stomp Clover's ribcage into her heart, if it even loving exists! Butcher Tenmyouji for food! Take Quark's hat away and claim his powers for your own! Sigma, wake the gently caress up and realize the power you wield and use it to make these people's lives as miserable as they've made yours! ALL OF THEM DESERVE DEATH! REAP THE CRIMSON HARVEST!

tl;dr: I did not care for this at all.

please dont post your masturbation fantasies in this thread

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Gaulem's are very important, as cockney-voiced robot is the best character in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fedule posted:

Oh my god will you all just drop it before I break out the holidays.

i could go for a holiday tbh

OddHaberdasher posted:

Okay, first of all I don't see 'don't step to me' or a similar sentiment in his last two posts, just pointing out things stated in something already posted in order to correct someone. I disliked ET's 'wink,wink nudge,nudge' as well, and agree that someone who has already seen/knows about the plot shouldn't post 'speculation' or 'gentle hints' but he merely explained knowledge we already were told nearly three years ago to correct someones misapprehension and then defended himself against PMush calling spoilers. None of that was inflammatory OR 'wink,wink' and indeed PMush's language certainly inflamed me to defend ET.

you're a brain-damaged moron who wouldn't know inflammatory language if it punched you in the mouth and pissed on you while you cried

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread