Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

deck posted:

I'd like to test more human-JTAC scenarios. I took one of the Combined Arms missions, stripped out the SAMs and AAA, added more player aircraft spawns and JTAC vehicles.

We can attempt to move the friendly armor...

...into the objective area where they're vastly outnumbered, with the help of JTAC fire missions.

I had more fun for however briefly you were guiding me as JTAC on your edited map than I did on the whole Suse map.

It seems like there is a ton of potential there with player JTAC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Jarmak posted:

So I booted up IL2:BOS quick and it looks drop dead gorgeous, but the view seems to be set so that even if if I lean back all the way back in my chair I still can't see my gauges without looking down and blinding myself, it just seems like the forward/back movement of the trackir doesn't do much, the camera control settings page kind of baffles me though, anyone have any luck making this better?

Use the keys to move the pilots head press F10 to save head position and bind a key to zoom in and out. The FOV is narrow no matter what but I was able to get something that didn't make me motion sick

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

No one we would have thought...
Disney buys MSFS? Princess Cessna & Seven Fat Seagulls has a ring to it.

Tale Spin flight simulator :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND73sy9zHo

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

El Grillo posted:

Anyone here use a Rift with DCS World? If so, what do you use as a replacement for mouse 1, to toggle switches etc. in-cockpit? Would be awesome if they allowed you to use the Oculus Remote but that's not supported apparently. I don't especially want to have to use my mouse while in VR, but I can't find the binding in controls - can you actually rebind that function?

There is an additional section under controls where vehicles are listed called UI Layer which has mouse buttons and zoom etc.

Bind them there.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Maybe a good thing? Hopefully they introduce some better quality control.

I like logitech mice, but if their last joystick is anything to go by (the G940), it could be worse than saitek.