Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, this is looking incredibly awesome. As I said in the kickstarter thread, I went through High School playing the hell out of Magic the Gathering, watching the demo match they have on the kickstarter page got me amped up to pledge to King on the game, but I'm kinda looking over the $250 tiers. Are they really worth over twice the price of the King yier?

And, yeah, nice OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I'd like to jump in for $250, but probably settle for just King tier unless they get some big bumps or I get a good dose of spare cash.

Apparently all of the $250 tiers get the Pro-Player tier reward for a year.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
New update with some neat info--especially for the Collector reward.

quote:

Question: The 660K tier reward gave us +1 to PVE cards. Can that include PVP cards as well?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

Question: Can the +1 Reward at the 660K tier apply to The Collector Tier yearly exclusive alternate art PVP cards?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

So, the 660K +1 tier reward now also includes Kickstarter exclusive PVP rewards and the Collector yearly alternate art PVP cards. I'll update the respective tier images soon to reflect that, as well add both the Dragon's Blood starter deck and the Cardboard Tube Samurai to the Champion tier list which are currently missing.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
The extra set of cards sold me on Collector. I must be outta my goddamn mind, $120 was more than I had ever spent on any other Kickstarter and I went and more than doubled it from that, but there it is.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 24, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Just found a 15 minute IGN demo going over some more stuff about the game

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/24/hex-mmo-trading-card-game-developer-demo

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Oh, wow, Guild Master is almost gone. I figured Dungeon Crawler would be next, but it still has a couple hundred to go.

Edit: Welp, I misread it and am an idiot, I thought it said 19 left. It's got even less than Raid Leader. Heh.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 25, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
So, they released the Elf Update today. Apparently Elf Clerics are half-furry satyrs.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

The Moon Monster posted:

That black vs. humans stream was kind of painful to watch when the narrator kept getting screwed by the graveyard card not working correctly. If I'm calculating it right he would have won the 3rd game if it had done its job. You expect some stuff like that in a pre-alpha but it still made me cringe.

I'm watching that stream right now. Play-testing, whee!

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I just hope they can handle it well, this is pretty much their big chance.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Amante posted:

That makes sense from a pragmatic, profit motivated perspective for sure. That being said, I think I'm going to have a hard time resisting going for "The Collector" tier. Six exclusive alternate art PvP cards a year (plus one extra of all the promo cards) tickles the fancy of my inner collector-nerd far too much :)

I think they get double the rewards now with stretch goals. Meaning, two copies of the alternate art PvP cards a year so you can keep one and sell the other.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Also, there's a poll going on on their forums on whether or not they should include an exclusive card with a t-shirt add-on.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Many, many people in the thread are talking about sleeves, yeah.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I'm pretty sure it's four, as mentioned earlier.

Edit: Ninjas!

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
If it helps any, as has been said before, due to stretch goals, you get an additional copy of all of the special collector only exclusive cards.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Fallorn posted:

So since I can't get pro tier with free drafts for life what should I get?

Depends on what you want. If you just want more boosters, the Guild Master comes with 90 extra boosters in codes you can give to your friends, but you could just as easily use them yourself, on top of the 10% PvE xp boost. Collector gets a set of 6 ultra-exclusive Collector only PvP cards (two copies since we've reached a stretch goal), it's a gamble, but, depending on the state of the game, that could be worth quite a lot on the AH if you want to sell some for Platinum or Gold, as well as a another copy of all of the King exclusive cards. Dungeon Crawler gets you more loot against Dungeon bosses, as well as 20 rare/legendary equipment, as equipment is unfortunately unusable in most PvP types, it's only good for PvE unless you want to grind for stuff to sell for platinum. Raid Leader, well, I think Raid Leader sucks.

Not to mention, every $250 tier comes with free drafts for a year, just not for life, like the Pro Player.

v 15 card boosters, and an extra 'treasure chest' goody.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I already have people private messaging me on the official hex forums trying to buy cards that I don't even have yet from me. I think selling cards might be big.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
The Spectral Lotus Garden, the one that generates the one-time-use lotus things that turn into tigers. This is a weird game.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
You know, with all of these people grabbing up multiple Grand King and other tiers, I'm kind of wondering how many new players that could scare off once the game launches proper. I mean, all of the backers will have an enormous head start, not to mention all the cards they get out of the beta, how are they gonna catch up on PvP and all of that.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Also, I think they solved the t-shirt debate in a good way.

The shirt doesn't come with a card.

Backers get the card as a bonus

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I'm surprised I didn't see any Reach analogue in there. Call it Range with archer or wizard troops or whatever, where non-flying units of that type can block flyers.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

HotBobaloo posted:

After browsing the Hex forums for a bit I see more than a few people claiming that Dungeon Crawler bonus only applies to Dungeon Bosses, which are definitely separate from Raid Bosses. Now I am really reconsidering my move from King to DC. I wish we could get some sort of definitive answer.

It... says it in the description of the tier? "Dungeon Bosses," not raid bosses...

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

OBi posted:

Where do you find raid bosses, if not in dungeons? For someone who never plays WoW it's a pretty arbitrary distinction, especially when the Raid Leader bonus clearly applies to all non tournament PvE including 'dungeons'.

To be honest, I've heard that the Raid Leader bonus only applies in Raids, not in other PvE content, though I dunno if that's true or not.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

signalnoise posted:

Yeah I thought, at worst, it meant that you'd have to get through a dungeon and the last encounter would drop more poo poo. If it's seriously that only non-raid bosses drop more, what the gently caress is the point? If it doesn't apply to the end game who the gently caress cares

Well, Raids and Dungeons are two entirely separate things. I imagine raids would be much shorter than out and out dungeons for the sheer fact that they're built around cooperative play, and it's not likely everyone in a group has time to play the 5-7+ matches that a full dungeon with side quests would entail, so I'd imagine that full on dungeons would offer more loot than raids, though this is full on speculation.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I believe the beta starts in September, and the full game is planned to be open by anywhere from December at the earliest to Summer 2014 at the latest.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 29, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Probably more than just backers--they have a beta signup on their website, but by that same token, it may not going to be fully open, either.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
New update, apparently we're only $40k away from Tablet support, and they've got an MMO Review up.

http://www.mmoreviews.com/discover-the-amazing-free-to-play-online-tcg-hex-shards-of-fate/

Edit: Whoops, sorry for the double post.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
There are tiers other than Grand King or Pro-Player. I mean, I know Pro-Player and especially Grand King are valuable, but it's only one free draft a week. If you wanna play more you'll have to use your other boosters or pay.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Where are you getting all this card reveal info from?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Eh, Collector gets an additional copy of all King exclusive cards, with stretch goals that's 3x all of those cards, except Spectral Lotus Garden as that's not included in the stretch goal, but it does get two, it's the only $250 tier to get two. It also gets two copies of those six cards a year, too.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Huh, apparently, the Alternate Art PvP cards Collectors get are all going to be Rare or Legendary.

Someone on the forum showed the message thing from CZE to confirm. Though, I didn't ask them myself, though, so, there's that.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Blinkman987 posted:

I don't having a small handful of cards faction-restricted is an issue. It's pretty standard RPG/MMO mechanic. And really, if you wanted to, you could just level a second account and make the opposite choices there.

Why not make them champion bound instead of whole account bound? You can only use faction cards with the champion that joined that faction. So people could still collect all the cards, just not use them all on every champion.

Also, I believe we'll, at the very least, hit 1.8m.

The projections on Kicktraq, not the trends, are showing we'll get anything from 1.7m to 2m, and Paypal will add at least 100k to that, so, yeah, I think we'll hit it. Might not hit any more after that, though.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
It looks like the head was photoshopped onto there or something. It's... really weird.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

It's mind blowing the utter cesspit the official hex forums are. It's almost like it's the storm drain of runoff youtube comments.

Eh, it's not all bad. I didn't know about the fan-updated manalink and shandalar MtG games until I read 'em on the forums. So now I have a card game to play until Alpha.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Karnegal posted:

While this is normally true, I've given up on projecting for Hex because of how bizarre the pledge pattern has been compared to most KS's and games specifically.

According to Kicktraq, it's already picking back up again.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Eh, if Grand King was available without having to jump through alot of refresh hoops, I'd consider going all the way up there.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Rhaegar posted:

Doubling up on Dungeon Crawler and Collector isn't actually that much worse than Grand King right if you don't really care about the Raid or Guild tiers? Sure you don't get the draft for life but you do get 2x King so that's 300 boosters and two free drafts per week for a year whereas in Grand King you only get King once.

The year of free drafts don't stack.

Rhaegar posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to open a primal pack in a draft and if so what happens?

It's not possible, packs are made primal when you buy them, you simply can't use them in drafts.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Adar posted:

Even if everyone involved knows you can multi-account this, for most people this is an argument for getting a king, not an argument for getting a collector. It isn't worth the extra $130 over king to me (to be honest, I don't even like king that much).

Look at the backer numbers right now - ~10750 backers not counting Paypal, 2K of whom are at $120, 2K at $250 and 1K more at $500. Nearly half of the total pledges are deep into triple digits, which has to be a record for software. But heading into the home stretch, except for the leftover DCs they've got nothing for any of them to upgrade to. It's easily leaving $100K+ on the table.

Well, I think the Collector itself may be worth it.

In addition to the twelve alternate PvP cards per year (two copies of the original six, due to stretch goals) they get an additional copy of every King exclusive card, and a Stretch Goal gets you a further additional copy of the King exclusive cards, with the exception of Spectral Lotus Garden, for a total of 3x the King exclusive cards, and the Collector is the only $250 tier to get two Spectral Lotus Gardens.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Rhaegar posted:

Yeah I didn't know the free year of drafting didn't stack. I thought I had read somewhere that they do stack. That sucks.

Edit: In think the free weekly drafts do stack: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23603

"- You will get the 3 booster drafts per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 qualifying tiers you get 9 drafts"

That's the Pro-Player free drafts for life, they do stack, it's the year of free drafts the other $250 tiers get that don't stack. I believe that post was made before the year of free drafts was introduced.

Edit: And I'm beaten.

Well, personally, I've got Collector. I was considering going higher, but I'm thinking maybe not and use the money to buy a tablet for when the game comes out.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
New update talking about the security of the game when it comes out.

Edit: Also, Alpha is going to be "a few weeks" before beta, and there will be no more tiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Zurai posted:

That's not what was said at all. He said the alpha would be several weeks long. It's entirely possible the Kickstarter alpha will be months before the beta--presumably they'll want time to integrate feedback and fix major bugs and test them internally before beta hits.

I don't know how I misread that, but yeah. Guess that's what happens when I only get 4 hours sleep one night.

• Locked thread