Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Who's up for some classic anti-CBC whining?

That ungreatful CBC. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:getin:

Let's see how far this goes down the rabbit hole.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Every province and territory should have its own separatist party.

Free Nova Scotian movement.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rhobot Mk. II posted:

In case you missed it, DND is finally back on track with procuring trucks for the military:

So glad I'm not working procurement anymore. :suicide:

I swear to Visnu, at this point I'm having trouble thinking of a worse system for military procurement. I'm fairly certain we would be decades ahead, and tens of billions saved, if the defence minister wore a blindfold and threw a dart at photos of the options every time we needed new stuff.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

less than three posted:

Bell took out a 2 full page :qq: whinefest :qq: in a few newspapers due to the threat of Verizon entering the wireless market.

You're going to eat your competition and you're going to like it.

Wait, they've already been doing that...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

cougar cub posted:

But hey, more tax revenue :toot:

Well, someone has to pay for the EAP adverts. :toot:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

The PQ is announcing the details of the charte des valeur right now.

Top three would be permitted for public sector employees, the rest forbidden.

Christians and Bajorans, you're in luck.

This calls for going to work wearing a pentagram necklace or something. See what happens.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm looking forward to seeing the population/immigration stats for Quebec 5 years from now (assuming the law is still in effect); I'd like to see if there is a decrease in population/immigration as a result.

Shame about the census thing. :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Maria Mourani, the Bloc MP who came out strongly against the charter of values yesterday, just got expelled from the party.

Wow.

Yessssss...eat your own. :unsmigghh:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Paper Mac posted:

Wordy words.

History departments should advertise with some version of "we teach you to recognize bullshit."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Since it's a slow news day lets throw some tales of ministerial bullying in Newfoundland into the light.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Makes you wonder what Goons are lurking on staff.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ahhhhhhhahahahahahahaha.

I feel like my schadenfreude could warm me through the coldest nights.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Entropic posted:

That picture is perfect.

It goes even better next to your avatar.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

It's amazing that these people are so freaked out by the Chinamen buying up our oil, but they don't bat an eye when the Americans, Dutch, Norwegians or even the Japanese or Malaysians do.

I'm a little less concerned about the geopolitical ambitions of the Norwegians and Dutch these days. Same for the Malays.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

In Duffy chat he has recently been spotted holding open doors at a random truck stop in New Brunswick. (True story)

In other news, someone at the CBC NL decided to kick the hornets nest.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

THC posted:

Well, I guess it's a step above "stand against the savage hordes"

Your ancient kingdom looks like a cock.

Apt.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

MikeSevigny posted:

Uh Christie Blatchford told me today that the natives just want to keep their welfare and she didn't even MENTION the environment so it must not be important? errrrrrrrr

I can summarize the Blatchford article for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWocwb8bIQ

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DynamicSloth posted:

Blair's sigh as he was asked what he thought seeing the video was beautiful.

One of the best actual sighs I've ever seen.

Also, it's that time of the year when Coyne bites the hand that feeds and writes something non-poo poo

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hal_2005 posted:

Next time I will be sure to just reply with elitist insults, cool ? Most people do not need a step by step booklet on Canadian political terminology in a Canadian Politics Megathread, unless they are actually themselves vapid on Canadian politics. I can now assume you and most of the responders are ? that is pretty cool too.

Dig up.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ocrumsprug posted:

Thank you Toronto for taking your turn as the political madhouse, we needed a break out here.

I guess in the Canadian tradition of sharing it'll be Calgary's turn next.

I should add the only reason I don't mention Montreal is because it's never stopped being a madhouse.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

In her latest article, Blatchford comes clean,

Christie Blatchford posted:

Clearly, I am a person of low intellect and humour both.

(I refuse to provide a link to her column)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Prediction of the day:

As a sign of gratitude for completely distracting the Country from the Senate implosion, Herr Harper will appoint Ford to the Senate. :smug:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

T'is treason to speak ill of Alberta.

Also, sad times in St John's. :smith:

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 23, 2013

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Like most things, people won't miss Canada Post until it's gone. :smith:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Conrad Black: They see me trollin'

Black is in fine form. How dare Carol Off call him on his bs.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

"Cash strapped justice system"

gently caress off.

Some parts of the system are chronically underfunded, to the detriment of all parties involved.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bonjour. Je m'applle le hamburger avec les fries.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's getting a little chilly in Hell (or Hamilton): Blatchford comes close to getting it right.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

overboard posted:

Dispelling any debate over the Liberal Party's position on the political spectrum, MP John McKay publicly fellates free market.

To be fair, I'd prefer if they massage the corporate cock in public, instead of behind closed doors.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

eXXon posted:

15) This one actually seems pretty important. Are modern breathalyzers that accurate? Some quick googling suggests consensus that random breath tests are effective in Australia, but I haven't seen a comprehensive article about the impacts.

Well now, that's a curious amendment. Just thinking off the top of my noggin I'm not sure what it changes from the current standards. I'll have to give it another ponder.

To answer your other question, as long as they are used properly modern breathalyzers are very accurate and reliable. And they make defence counsel a lot of money.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

You'd think since the train terror plot

"Terrorists blow up train in Canada; everyone assumes it's just another CN derailment. Terrorists reportedly depressed."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

No Your Other Left posted:

Considering how much property damage such events cause, I'd think you of all people would be more concerned about them.

Natural disasters are just tools of the invisible hand of the free-market. Property supply goes down, prices go up.

Don't interfere with the free market.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Anders is such a twat. That interview was painful. Sadly he's only saying what so many Tory's are thinking.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I think a very Canadian form of resistance would be throwing feces. :colbert:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I admit I would be deeply embarrassed if someone from CSIS stopped by to ask me if I advocated the throwing of feces.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

You joke, but IIRC when the UKMT poster was visited it was in response to a comment he made about throwing a water balloon at the Olympic Torch.

As long as I don't advocate throwing feces at the Olympic torch I should be ok.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

It's basically exactly what we've were talking about earlier.

What's this 'we'? I was just talking about the velocitization of poop. :colbert:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's a shame those at the top can't even buy a loving truck properly for the military.

I swear to Visnu they have a bunch of loving Wombles in charge of procurement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

CBC Radio is reporting that 2.5 million was spent on advertising for a jobs program that didn't exist.

I cannot find the article on their site, however.

Did someone say "ADSCAM?!?" :clint:

• Locked thread