Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012

101 posted:

The guy didn't even mention the beta. He was asking about international minutes :cheeky:

Oh snap. My head's in a different world right now :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I know this is the iPhone thread but have we seen what it looks like on an iPad yet?

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
it's really pretty, but seems to be a bit of stuttering in some cases on my Verizon 4S. Especially the control center and notification center. However, after using them once, it seems to have sped up. The first time I swiped up, music started playing for no reason. All normal functions work fine, haven't tried all my apps yet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This will probably disappear in the flow, but Best Buy has a special of $50 off iPhones right now and will give me ~$230 for my 4S trade in, resulting in a 5 for -$80. Is this worth it?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
So we're looking at October or so for a new iPhone release then? iOS 7 looks pretty and my upgrade is up this month, but I'm not dumb enough to spring for a 5 now when a 5s or 6 is out so soon.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Hip Hoptimus Prime posted:

I have a Verizon iPhone 4. Can this be used in Belize if I add on international minutes, or should I contact Verizon for a world phone?

Make super sure that Verizon supports Belize. I got screwed with ATT on a cruise because Belize wasn't included in the international plan.

unpurposed posted:

Trip report: Super buggy right now. iMessage screwed up and won't retrieve certain messages. App switcher is slow to activate (>1 second). The OS just feels much slower in general because you have to wait for animations to finish.

Control center is great. Not a fan of the icons (Baby's first iOS?). Overall though, should be pretty good once it's finally released and they polish out the bugs. Will be incredibly disappointed if they don't fix performance on iPhone 5. It's bad right now, but that's expected.

Everything seems to have a delay before it activates right now. Hitting a home screen icon or tapping the home button causes a pause. The icons, especially the white background ones, are pretty bad, honestly.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
The camera app is really beautiful with all the little details and animations. Kinda makes me wish they tried a darker theme on more apps.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

There's a built-in level now. Swipe right on the compass app.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
My god it's beautiful.

:siren:newsstand can be stuffed in a folder best update:siren:

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Sockser posted:

This will probably disappear in the flow, but Best Buy has a special of $50 off iPhones right now and will give me ~$230 for my 4S trade in, resulting in a 5 for -$80. Is this worth it?

That's a pretty decent deal as far as I'm concerned. Just go in knowing that the next iPhone will more than likely be out within the next 5-6 months, but for $80 that really might not matter too much.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

HorseDickSandwich posted:

That's a pretty decent deal as far as I'm concerned. Just go in knowing that the next iPhone will more than likely be out within the next 5-6 months, but for $80 that really might not matter too much.

No no no, not $80, negative $80. They're basically giving me a free phone and case.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe it's the compression, but every icon with a gradient look like absolute dogshit. Safari on a white background is also disastrous. Still months to go, but this isn't a very good first look.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sockser posted:

No no no, not $80, negative $80. They're basically giving me a free phone and case.
I'm assuming you'd be burning your upgrade then? I'd wait out the 3-4 months for a 5S personally.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Adaptive wallpaper stuff is neat. My phone is finally as gay as I am!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Can individual notifications be swiped away?

This was on the bottom of last page, so I am quoting myself to make sure it's seen.

EDIT: What is the moon for? DND mode?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Random things:

Podcasts.app is black on my black iPhone, where it used to be white

Folders have unlimited capacity, finally

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Where is this background. I need teh gays.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 11, 2013

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

EDIT: What is the moon for? DND mode?
Yep.

DND also now has an option to stay enabled when the device is unlocked, which is nice.

blacksun
Mar 16, 2006
I told Cwapface not to register me with a title that said I am a faggot but he did it anyway because he likes to tell the truth.
Still no widgets?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
A couple of dummy questions.

I'm on an iPhone 5 jailbroken 6.1.2

I'm thinking I may get this beta. Best course of action?

1) Back up phone.

2) Do a full restore.

3) Install new Beta on clean phone.

4) Restore my details?

or

4) Just "rebuild" my phone's personalizations as a new phone... contacts, all of the above..

?

And is it still believed that if need be, there is *SOME* way to get back on stock current IOS 6.1.4 or whatever?

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Sockser posted:

Oh, well in that case I might go for it. I know others will disagree, but if you "burn the upgrade" and make $80 right now, when the next iPhone comes out you can sell the 5 and probably pay less than the actual subsidized price of the phone when it was new.

The only other thing I'd think about is if when the 5S comes out in 6 months, will it be worth it to you to sell the 5 and buy the 5S outright?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Man, that new UI is slick. I'm surprised iOS went 7 iterations before having a major update. I think they're going to finally show off the benifits of HighDPI display.

e: I NEED more info on the bussness updates.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
What's the limit on dock icons on the OS 7, same as always? This is important for my iPad use.

Also, is the Keynote available for download anywhere?

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 11, 2013

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I think the best thing about IOS 7 is it really does feel like a new phone. I think some of the transition animations are a bit much though.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Aatrek posted:

Also, is the Keynote available for download anywhere?
It should be in the iTunes Store tonight.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Didn't there use to be a jailbreak setting that would speed the animations up by 20-50% or so and make the phone feel much faster?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

unpurposed posted:

Trip report: Super buggy right now. iMessage screwed up and won't retrieve certain messages. App switcher is slow to activate (>1 second). The OS just feels much slower in general because you have to wait for animations to finish.

Control center is great. Not a fan of the icons (Baby's first iOS?). Overall though, should be pretty good once it's finally released and they polish out the bugs. Will be incredibly disappointed if they don't fix performance on iPhone 5. It's bad right now, but that's expected.

This has me second guessing my purchase of a dev account to try out the beta.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And this brought me right back :sissies:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Am I crazy or did spotlight search go AWOL?

Never mind you apparently just swipe down anywhere on the home screen.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 11, 2013

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

withak posted:

Didn't there use to be a jailbreak setting that would speed the animations up by 20-50% or so and make the phone feel much faster?

Yes and it's glorious. It's so jarring when I use my fiance's iPhone for something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

incoherent posted:

Man, that new UI is slick. I'm surprised iOS went 7 iterations before having a major update. I think they're going to finally show off the benifits of HighDPI display.

e: I NEED more info on the bussness updates.

Incidentally, this will be the first iOS that is only on retina iPhones. (Still on non-retina iPads, but resolution is still higher than retina iPhones).

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Are the four things at the bottom customisable?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've been calling it iOS: Vice City, but I think iOS: Technicolor Dreamcoat fits better.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

101 posted:

Are the four things at the bottom customisable?
Not at this time.

mandrakk
Dec 4, 2010
Read through the thread and didn't see if this was asked yet. My developer account year is almost up. If I install IOS7, and my account runs out, will it still function? Will I still be able to update?

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010

frumpsnake posted:

No voice memos and no personal hotspot are the biggest issues right now.

Personal hotspot is working great on my A1428. The weird thing is that it wasn't working on iOS6 because I don't pay AT&T for the privilege of using it.

EDIT: Everything else is working fine too. Contacts sync from Google. No crashes yet. I didn't restore any of my 3rd party apps though. Clean install.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
is the AT&T US phone (iphone5) GSM or CDMA?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

mandrakk posted:

Read through the thread and didn't see if this was asked yet. My developer account year is almost up. If I install IOS7, and my account runs out, will it still function? Will I still be able to update?
If you ever need to reactivate your device it won't activate.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

is the AT&T US phone (iphone5) GSM or CDMA?
It's 1428 if that's what you're asking (GSM).

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

I JUST upgraded from a 4 to a 5 because my screen shattered. I went with black, but given today's presentation I'm really regretting that decision. I've had the phone for a week. Think they'll let me swap it for a white one?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

SunknLiner posted:

I JUST upgraded from a 4 to a 5 because my screen shattered. I went with black, but given today's presentation I'm really regretting that decision. I've had the phone for a week. Think they'll let me swap it for a white one?
Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010

SunknLiner posted:

Depends on your state laws. In Hawaii, for example, you can return any product within 30 days and they legally can't charge you a restocking fee.

• Locked thread