Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

All the Generations voyagers are worth getting, Grimlock is the only one that's iffy. but compared to the AOE movie voyagers of grimlock he's worlds better than them.

Blaster looks like g1 Blaster in robot mode the only thing that detracts is him having Soundwave's shoulders. But he's the best Blaster figure since forever.

I haven't seen a Grimlock in months sadly, he was around when my collecting was dormant. I wonder if Target does price matching as I think they still have a Blaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

I haven't seen a Grimlock in months sadly, he was around when my collecting was dormant. I wonder if Target does price matching as I think they still have a Blaster.

Buy a generations voyager from Meijer, buy a Blaster from Target, return the random voyager to Target. They sell every line as an assortment SKU.

If that's too many steps, install targets cartwheel app and use a 30% off transformer coupon

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

Chromia is to blue what Jhiaxus is to orange

And if they had kids it would be Afterburner

e: right down to Jhiaxus having machine pistols

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

And if they had kids it would be Afterburner

Why would you wish a non-combing figure on Afterburner? We already had ones like that with Sacttorshot and Strafe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Buy a generations voyager from Meijer, buy a Blaster from Target, return the random voyager to Target. They sell every line as an assortment SKU.

If that's too many steps, install targets cartwheel app and use a 30% off transformer coupon

Target was all out of Blasters which sucks. However, they marked the current Voyagers down to $20. So in addition to returning my Roadbuster I got an adjustment on the one I bought for a friend. All they had were Rhinox, Springer and Whirl. Meijer just had Blitzwings. I'm having lunch with my mom tomorrow so I'll check out the current stock at the Meijer near her.

Also going to Costco, do they stock TFs usually? When I saw Metroplex there I didn't see a single other figure.

Edit: Meijer had the $45 AOE Prime for $30. And pretty much every AOE toy was marked down, not clearanced, just price reductions. Time to clear out the line I guess?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 20, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I haven't seen any Transformers stuff at Costco this year thus far.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Oh awesome, there's a Meijer right by me in 3 days. Still need my Roadbuster and Skybyte!

Roadbusters worth getting, even if he's a little inarticulate, SkyByte's pretty meh, but if they're cheap enough go for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goldskull posted:

Roadbusters worth getting, even if he's a little inarticulate, SkyByte's pretty meh, but if they're cheap enough go for it.

For $16 I will have them all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Metroplex is long gone from stores now, huh? :saddowns:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Metroplex is long gone from stores now, huh? :saddowns:

Pretty much. Ebay/Amazon is your only hope these days.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Never saw one once

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ForeverSmug posted:

Never saw one once

Was it available at Target, Wal-Mart or Toys R Us? I never saw one anywhere but Costco. Walked in and there was a pile stacked Jenga-style 6 feet high.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Never saw a Metroplex at retail, but I got Leader Jetfire yesterday and it owns.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw one once but in a TRU over here where it was like £150 (~$250), and I refuse to pay those sorts of prices. There's a comic store here in London with an SDCC one for £250 if I ever get desperate and stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I saw one once but in a TRU over here where it was like £150 (~$250), and I refuse to pay those sorts of prices. There's a comic store here in London with an SDCC one for £250 if I ever get desperate and stupid.

Looks like $170 shipped is the average on Ebay now.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Metroplex is weird because there's 3 different official ways to transform him into his base mode. And only one doesn't look like crap. His left arm could have benefitted from being a bit more intricate so the hand could fold inwards. But I just leave him in robot mode so nobody trips over him.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Was it available at Target, Wal-Mart or Toys R Us? I never saw one anywhere but Costco. Walked in and there was a pile stacked Jenga-style 6 feet high.

The TRUs got several Metroplexes late last year several times. I've never seen one at Target and there are no WalMarts near enough to check regularly. I got mine from SDCC and Amazon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

The TRUs got several Metroplexes late last year several times. I've never seen one at Target and there are no WalMarts near enough to check regularly. I got mine from SDCC and Amazon.

I too got mine from Amazon. It's just easier these days.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

There is still a Metroplex in a store in Iceland for $300 who has been there for eleven months. Which is pretty much what I would end up paying had I ordered it online + shipping + toll. But I'm not that big of a collector enough to get him for that obscene price.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Both Prowls are apparently pretty good at balance.

Also got myself a couple of Bayformers Stingray Corvettes. I had to get Hot Shot because most shades of man-made green just doesn't agree with me. Shame the head apparently cannot move. I don't know why I did not buy a Sidearm Sideswipe earlier because he's way better than the first version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So what is Hasbro going to retool Sky-byte into? A Sharkticon possibly?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sidearm Sideswipe is fantastic and I hate the fact that I didn't also get the blue and yellow version.

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rhyno posted:

Nautilator is my best guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Cybershark, just to annoy pedants.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hasbro has a new film label called Allspark Pictures. It seems it's for live action movies and not animated movies.

The first two movies they're making are My Little Pony and Jem and the Holograms. Apparently Michael Bay may be involved with both.

Also they answered the reasoning for the Shampoo Bottle titan figures. They're meant for lesser developed nations in emerging markets, hence their low price point and cheap looks. They're poverty toys.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 20, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

In the heavy retooling spirit of the current Generations line, give him more legs and make him Rippersnapper.

After reading this months National Geographic magazine, I hope the next time they make a Scorn toy it will be a more scientifically-accurate Spinosaurus.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hasbro has a new film label called Allspark Pictures. It seems it's for live action movies and not animated movies.

The first two movies they're making are My Little Pony and Jem and the Holograms. Apparently Michael Bay may be involved with both.

The MLP movie is animated, so evidently Allspark Pictures will be doing live action and animated. Bay is not attached to either project.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Bay is not attached to either project.

You've crushed my rumored dreams of seeing purple and pink screen filling explosions. That and horses having 10 minute conversations in a 3 hour movie that have little to no context in any scene before or after the scene happens.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 21, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A steadicam 360 pan around two ponies while they react to dire events

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

YES! YES! Take that Citizen Kane!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're meant for lesser developed nations in emerging markets, hence their low price point and cheap looks. They're poverty toys.

If I was a poverty child and somebody gave me a non transforming optimus I'd just go ahead and get ebola

IT DOESNT. EVEN. TRANSFORM.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

"Friendship just got real."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

If I was a poverty child and somebody gave me a non transforming optimus I'd just go ahead and get ebola

IT DOESNT. EVEN. TRANSFORM.

I dunno I'm looking at the Russia.jpeg thread and I'm going "yeah I can see those people buying a large non transforming transformer that looks like no identifiable character", they seem like the type who would do that.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well we already knew the shampoo bottle guys were for poor kids. I just figured they were for poor kids in the states.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well we already knew the shampoo bottle guys were for poor kids. I just figured they were for poor kids in the states.

I have bought better cheaper toys that happen to come filled with bubble bath

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

They're like as much as a deluxe

If a poor kid is gonna buy one maybe they should instead save that $$$ and buy a brain instead

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

They're like as much as a deluxe

If a poor kid is gonna buy one maybe they should instead save that $$$ and buy a brain instead

They apparently much cheaper overseas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody really jumped on the $16 Voyagers. All that's left at all three Meijer's are Blitzwing and Springer. drat it I kind of wanted them all now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

They apparently much cheaper overseas.

They are (like half of what a deluxe is here, or more accurately they're the price of a deluxe in the US). And yes, I've seen people buying them, and very small kids waving them around. I keep saying that stuff does have a target audience, even if we don't have the slightest interest in 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

They are (like half of what a deluxe is here, or more accurately they're the price of a deluxe in the US). And yes, I've seen people buying them, and very small kids waving them around. I keep saying that stuff does have a target audience, even if we don't have the slightest interest in 'em.

The target audience doesn't seem to be American, judging by not only how the stock doesn't change of those things at TRU and Target, but also by how dusty they are. People don't even look at them. Anecdata, but I've seen two kids angrily refuse to even consider them when pointed out by parents. They want the Deluxes and Voyagers, without exception.