Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

It will end with Deb saying something to the effect of 'tonight's the motherfucking night, and it's going to keep loving happening over and loving over again'. Ghost Dad, Ghost Doakes and Ghost Dexter will remove their hoods and each pull a thumbs up in slow motion. Iris wipe to credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Love the ghost dad pose. Also Angel should get a band aid for his neck.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

SURPRISE TWIST ENDING: It actually ends up being Cody :aaaaa:

Harrison is going to kill Cody in the flash forward.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I don't think either of those plot threads are done with yet, sadly. Quinn will probably somehow end up solving the case he's working on and be promoted even though he's an infinitely worse option. And even though I have zero faith in the writers the daughter sub plot can't end there. I feel like the writers will give these secondary characters some form of happy ending. Minus a shock death or two.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah this is rock bottom and it's the final season of the show, which makes it even worse.

I guess before this season began there was a faint hope that since they couldn't 'reset' at the end they would actually take some risks or shake things up - Dexter finally getting caught or on the run or something of that nature. With every new episode it is becoming more and more clear they don't know what they are doing and haven't for years. It just plain stinks now. The episodes end on cliffhangers that are resolved within minutes at the start of the following episode and never mentioned again - the car accident with the ghost fisherman, Hannah drugging and dumping Dexter in the middle of nowhere. It's just sloppy as hell and dull to boot.

I would welcome something as stupid as Ghost Olmos - at least they were trying something.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I know it's just a drop in the bucket of diarrhea but last episode did anyone else feel really strange at how casually Masukas daughter walked around, talked and laughed with Masuka while topless? This is her father! And she's only known him a short while! I know it was just an excuse to fill the quota of boobs but jesus that was a bizarre interaction.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Risky posted:

What was that stop motion looking mouse show that Harrison was watching? It looked familiar but I have a feeling it doesn't really exist.

They keep mentioning how Harrison likes RastaMouse. I fell asleep trying to watch this last episode so it may be different but they've shown that thing at least twice already.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I loving love that fisherman.

Anyone got a clip of his heroic rescue?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

deafmute posted:

Hey guys apparently they're circulating something for awards season, hope it doesn't spoil or ruin anything for anyone

drat this thread for making me want to watch this episode. I can't believe they digitally aged a small child like that to presumably solve the season long mystery (guessing game) of who the brain surgeon was.

I fell asleep during last weeks and feel like I've fallen and can't get up to watch the rest. This thread provides more entertainment than the show. I sort of want to see this lousy dinner scene you were all talking about too but can't bring myself to continue. Anyone mind spoiling what tonight's cliffhanger was?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Dear god. Thanks. Although I don't know if I know who Lem is. Also, I am dying to know what is happening in the Masuka sub plot.

It sounds like they've finally shifted the 'A' plot into the foreground of the season. Also, gently caress that Quinn / Deb story, that's gotta be the worst.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

DaisyDanger posted:

This cool graph was posted in the spoiler thread a while ago and it's pretty neat so I want to share it here. There's no spoilers on the page. It's just a graph of ratings based on IMDB.

What is up with 'Are We There Yet' (two episodes ago) getting such a huge spike like that.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Currently half watching / listening to the episode while I work.

The scene where Dexter is Netwrangler Image Searching 'Argentina' and calls up Hannah is the worst.

"Hi"
"Hi Just checking in."
"All is well here, Harrison is playing outside with Deb."
"Oh, good."
"You doing okay?"
"Yeah just wanted to hear your voice... I have to go."

Like that is just pure filler. Utterly pointless. That they have the time in the third (?) to last episode to chill out on the beach / image search is just rubbing salt in the wound. They should make a spin off series about Scott Buck. He is clearly a sadist. I bet he's more disturbed than Dexter Morgan is as well.

edit: Holy poo poo the Harrison 'Ows'.

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 10, 2013

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Did she ever connect the dots and come to a conclusion as to why Dexter repeatedly failed to fall under her definition of 'psychopath'? I felt like that was coming for a bit. At the start of the season every scene with her ended with a 'wait, why did you just say you cared just now? That sounds like an emotion. Psychopaths don't have emotions.'

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

To be fair, a lot of the dissonance from the old days of Dexter comes from most of the writers (and showrunner) leaving during season four and five. At best, a new team of writers might give you a different but decent show. But usually a sudden shift in the writer room creates a deficient product.

Imagine being one of the poor suckers who've been there from the start, witnessing the poo poo we're talking about slowly froth up first hand. There's gotta be a few of them.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Haven't seen the episode yet but I am saddened by the lack of hilarious gifs. Last weeks' Harrison-Falls.gif was all that kept me looking forward to watching the ordeal that is Dexter.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Did anyone notice how that moment when Dexter handed Hannah the bag at the bus depot and said 'take this, it's just water, snacks , a few essentials.' Just pointless filler right? Wrong! This was the writers cleverly giving Hannah access to the magic needles.

Remember when Dexter spent several minutes showing the sale of a boat that ultimately had too little beer storage? Pointless, no? Wrong again. The Dexter writers cleverly wrote in mention of a life raft during this scene so him escaping a loving hurricane wouldn't be implausible in the least!

Those Dexter writers. I wonder how many other stupid, clumsy set ups they included that flew by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Has anyone from the show come out since it ended to trash it?

Everybody involved in the show have since become lumberjacks, I doubt you'll be hearing from them any time soon.

• Locked thread