Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

the best moments from the series.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Max22 posted:

As someone who skipped season 7, what's the context here?
The stage direction read "Casually eats salad."

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 24, 2013

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Good Lord, this is it! This is the answer to anyone who asks "Why do you hate-watch?!"

CaptainHollywood posted:

For some reason I sense that (not a spoiler just commenting to the previous spoiler) that's how the ending will be set up. As a spinoff for Deb with her killing Dexter. The final scene will be Deb's voiceover
This is the only possible way the show could redeem itself. And then she shows up in Hannibal season 2.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This is pretty incredible in its attention to detail.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
It's going to turn out that Matthews has known about Dexter all along. He, Rampling, and Harry devised the code together or some such poo poo.

And I don't know if it's been said, but James Remar's acting is loving terrible and it has been for at least six seasons.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
May as well be neurophrenologist.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Well it was no salad-eating, but she stirred the gently caress out of that chili (or whatever the gently caress it was).

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
How many times is Dr. Brainlady going to say "you're not behaving like a psychopath" before it dawns on her that he may not be a psychopath. The final twist is going to be that she had the wrong person all along.

"Dexter Norgan!?"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Minarch posted:

The rest of the season could be nothing but Deb trying to confess to killing LaGuerta and Dexter and Brainlady foiling her at the last minute and I'd be thrilled.
Only if it involves Quinn's continued insistence on misunderstanding her.

"You mean the 'bullet' that you 'shot' her with is actually your contentious relationship, right?"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Huckleberry Finn at the fishing holler was priceless.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn, the prospect of 12 more episodes sent me into convulsions.

Has Head Harry made an appearance this season or has he only shown up on video?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

ozmunkeh posted:

He was trying to work out the next move.

A fisherman has to get a serial killer, an alcoholic, and a beer from one side of a river to the other. He can't leave the serial killer alone with the alcoholic, and the alcoholic will consume the beer if left alone with it. Assuming he can carry one item at a time please indicate how the fisherm..
This thread is the only reason to watch the show.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Junkfist posted:

If a painting has to kill Dexter shouldn't it be this one?
She'll put that in his bathroom mirror and we'll get the best re-creation ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKTT-sy0aLg

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Skip 3 and just go to 4
I'd agree, but for Chicky Hines.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I think season six was hands-down the worst season, but this one may be the most boring. Like...weirdly boring. Everyone's phoning it in and it has a community theatre feel to it.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

SaltLick posted:

I agree with this except that Jennifer Carpenter is absolutely bringing it I feel with what she has to work with. Everyone else? Yea, definitely phoning it in.
I don't know, the last two or three episodes she's been showing up for the paycheck. When a murder-suicide scene plays as "meh," it's time to call your agent.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Also, I can't stop seeing the Ikea Monkey.

It's exquisite torture.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The should combine the Dexter spinoff with the Breaking Bad spinoff.

The Adventures of Debra Morgan and Saul Goodman. Deb runs Saul's A-Team.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Quinn also dated Trinity's daughter.

You all remember that, right?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

This kind of eating disorder.
The PA with the script in the background is great, the shrug at the end is even better, but I really love cutting motion she uses with the fork. This is straight-up gag reel material and it made final cut.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh, sexy reporter lady. HER I remember. I thought Slamhound meant Trinity's other daughter, the one who lived with him.

On the one hand you're relieved that you remembered Sexy Reporter Lady Plot Point; on the other hand you totally forgot about the Secret Daughter Plot Point.

Dexter has you coming and going.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
For the first time in 8 seasons, Dexter pronounces 'Harry' as 'hairy,' so when he says "You didn't have a hairy..." Zach and I simultaneously say "WAT?"

I figure nothing can top that, but...

And then this thread with the assist...

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

the only thing I can take away from this season of Dexter is if they ever make a Zybourne Clock movie, they can use the kid who plays Zach as Johnny.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Chobdab posted:

James Remar decided he wanted to focus on Wilfred for the time being.
As an actor or a viewer?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

User-Friendly posted:

"This bear has proof I'm a murderer… it could ruin me."

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Junkfist posted:

I want Dexter to become like an eccentric Kung-Fu master and give Zach increasingly insane tasks as part of his training.

"Zach, I want you to vet, stalk, table, kill, and dispose of this bear." *plays footage* "You must also do it while smelling of honey."

I want Dexter to become the bear's mentor.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Deb's boss busting out with Adult Onset Nice Guy Syndrome may be the absolute nadir of this show. I actually felt violated that they legitimized that worldview.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I know making gif requests is lovely, but someone really needs to take the Cameron in the art museum scene and shop in this...

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Ror posted:

Didn't you understand how deep that was, man? It was a reflection of Dexter in blood, but he was upside-down. And keep in mind that he's a psychopath.

All subtext must be delivered in voice-over format.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I think my plan for the series finale will be to turn it off 15 minutes before the end and never look back.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
If this season isn't worse than season six, it's hellbent on changing that.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

escape artist posted:

How the gently caress did Hannah even carry Dexter on her own?
It's like when Dexter was at the brain surgeon's and Quinn and Angel show up. "How's he going to get away?!" Cut to the next scene where he's already gotten away.

Everything that would produce tension happens off-screen. This season has the feel of a bored table read.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Y'know, the LaGuerta Bench may be the pinnacle of the season, the one moment of self-awareness. At least the perfect metaphor. It's a loving bench. It's cold and you park your butt there.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Just imagine this season if Batista was onto Dexter the way Hank was onto Walt. The last five minutes of BB's premiere with Dexter and Batistsa.

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 15, 2013

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

The Unnamed One posted:

Might want to spoilertag that relevant bit for the four guys in the thread who haven't gotten up to Breaking Bad's current season.
If they're watching Dexter, they'll probably forget their momma's names and their own, but just in case...

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

bamhand posted:

He also smiled when he saw the first couple waitresses and then was SHOCKED when his daughter was topless.
Okay, so I didn't imagine that.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

MetalFace posted:

This actually would make a nice ending for the series. Dexter looks around at the various people on the streets and suddenly realizes he's surrounded by serial killers. He rushes home and uses Netwrangler to search for serial killer message boards. He sees that they are all advising each other to move to Miami because the police department there hasn't apprehended a single serial killer in eight years. Then.. I don't know what happens next. I'm not a writer, dammit.
Then they elect Chicky Hines mayor.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Seeing all the new posts, I assumed this episode would be even more groan-worthily disappointing than usual.

I was not disappointed.

The splashback from when Dexter rolled Zack into the drink looked like it was straight from an SNL skit.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

"Look at that window. They could see you move the body!" says the man who set up a kill room in an airport.
And shanked a dude at a firing range in the middle of the day.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

ozmunkeh posted:

This but Barry Zuckerkorn.

Dexter: We need to speak to you about getting a divorce for Quinn.
Barry: Well, I got Dexter out of his marriage, didn't I?
Dexter: Actually, she died.
Barry: You're kidding me. I've been taking credit for that for years.

Honestly, imagining potential crossovers is the only way to enjoy this anymore. Deb becoming an understudy of Gene Parmesan, doing work for Barry Zuckercorn and/or Bob Loblaw and joining up with Saul Goodman's A-Team and just being constantly exasperated...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Carver Crisis posted:

I just caught up, and I am truly marveling at how awful this show is now. I couldn't come up with this poo poo if I was trying to make it as terrible as possible. I'm not going to read the spoiler thread, because I want to be shocked at how awful this show's ending is going to be. There is no hope for redemption now. None.
For what it's worth, the spoilers are so goddamned stupid that they're indistinguishable from the wise-rear end hateposting. It has the rather interesting effect of neutering their spoiler effect; you forget if the dumbfuck plotpoint careening towards you is a real or not.

vvv Case in point: I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet and I honestly can't tell if that's something that happened or if it's a joke.

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 26, 2013

• Locked thread