Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Minimaul posted:

Quinns hair is gone and now so am I.

Looks like the rest of him left too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Ahaha they literally managed to make it all the way to 9:109:11 before the actual episode started.

What are they trying to tell us?! :tinfoil:

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Oh boy here we go.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

So, uh... didn't Batista retire last season to become a professional restaurateur? Why is he suddenly a cop again? Didn't Cpt. Matthews ALSO retire? It was even a plot point last season that, after a lifetime on the force, he is determined to die of liver failure on his own slice of the Miami dream.

:psyduck:

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

AwkwardKnob posted:

The preview at the end showed what seems like a lot more than just the next episode - is that typical for season premieres?

Showtime does it all the time with The Borgias. They're just trying to make the preview EXCITING!!! (no matter how boring the next episode is) without spoiling anything.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Nyle posted:

having Masuka watch Harrison

I can think of probably a dozen reason why this would be a terrible idea.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

The "Dr. Brainlady is secretly a coldblooded psychopath just like Dexter!!!" plotline is so dumb and obvious, even for Dexter, a series whose bread and butter is being dumb and obvious. It almost makes me feel like they're setting the audience up to be as skeptical of her as Dexter is only to have the Real Villain turn out to be someone completely different and Much Eviler than Dr. "Unorthodox Experiments" Brainlady.

But that's way too smart for this dumb show. :suicide:

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

So I was watching the first season over again and I was trying to remember, what happens to Angel's kid after his divorce from his first wife is finalized?

He left for Orlando.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Did anyone else notice, in the nursing home scene, how Dexter just kinda... stood there with the M99 syringe? Surprise, waiting for him to get a dramatic line in before you drug him for cool points is a terrible idea.

Dexter writer #1: "How do we show that Yates is a ~true psychopath~ before Dexter kills him?"
Dexter writer #2: "Dunno. Just do some stuff."

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

This gif needs to be on every page, for every possible reason.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Wagonburner posted:

It's been 5 days since and "He's a bundler." keeps popping up in my head for some reason as a pretty funny line.

I'm confused as to how this line ended up in the script without Showtime having a sizable product placement deal with Comcast.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Tempur Pedic: Impaling the manchild under the bed won't even disturb your partner.

"gently caress YOU, DEXTER" is a great line on it's own but I think this is the better thread title right here.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

"gently caress you, Dexter!"

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

TheIndividual posted:

Quinn grows his hair out and gets really into Drive, and the spinoff is a Miami Vice remake, and the stripper comes back and has a fight with Jamie.

I know this is supposed to be a joke but I would watch the poo poo out of this.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

squarerandom posted:

Whatever happened to AUHNHEEEELLLLLLs daughter? Like wouldn't she be at her aunts birthday, or her dads opening of a restaurant or him making LT? Just so many dumb plot lines and character arcs/depth thrown out the window :lol:

She, along with Anhell's ex-wife, ended up being shipped off to their home planet. They hang out with Rita's kids and their cool babysitter Lumen.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Das Boo posted:

I want Sirko back. We stand gayless.

Sirko really was the best character, and when they killed him off I knew that there was no redemption for this show.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Surprisingly not hunter x az posted:

fans can be so winy. I may not exactly like the way the show has been going, but I can apreciate it.

youtube_dexter_fans.txt

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Robotnik Nudes posted:

One thing that's irking me a lot is Deb. She's always been, to me, a terrible character even from season 1, but the writers have really screwed her over. Treating her like she's just a huge bitch because she doesn't understand how groovy cool Dexter is.

Not to mention, how she's just frigid and mean because she doesn't see how much of a nice guy her boss is. I'm actually grateful the writers forgot that particular plotline (among others so far), it was just the creepiest. Plus I don't think there's enough time in the season to show Boss What's-his-name donning the proverbial fedora, anyway. :v:

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Just think of the great weight being lifted off of your shoulders when the credits roll for the last time.

Until the inevitable 'Dexter: Season 9!!!!' announcement causes it to come crashing back down.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

The most confusing thing about this episode is that I vividly remember taking a treadmill spill as a young twerp just like Harrison did and got no damage at all out of it. :confused:

Everything was all stupid garbage. But that's obvious.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Schach posted:

The other highlight is "Stop smoking pot!" "You can tell me how to behave at work but not at home!" ["...You are on drugs and you work at a police station! Where do you think you are right now! What is happening!"]

This reminds me: why is Masuka's daughter suddenly allowed to hang out with her dad while he inspects hit and runs? Can we please secure this mothafuckin' crime scene?

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

massive spider posted:

I just realized Vogel really should have been a straight antagonist. i mean she knows Dexter intimately, and knows that he's not supposed to kill innocents, theres potential there for a villain who knows how to manipulate him. Instead she "manipulates" him by just being a bit daffy and not mentioning things she really ought to know until its plot convenient. "I dont have a son...oh wait yes I do" "Does Make Your Own Kind of Music mean anything to me? No...except for the fact that it was my psychopath sons favorite song."

In hindsight it almost makes me wonder if Scott Buck et al just wrote the entire season episode by episode. There's absolutely no logical reason for the killer to just pop up out of nowhere 4 episodes from the finale, especially if he's directly related to one of the prominent characters this season. Even excluding that, they could have just had him be vaguely menacing for no particular reason just to add an element of suspicion around him.

It's like if Scott Buck got all the writers together and said,

:q: - "Okay, it's crunch time. We gotta decide who the Brain Surgeon is gonna be."

:v: - "Well, what about Dollar Store Ryan Gosling? He hasn't done anything yet."

:q: - "PERFECT! The viewers will never see THAT coming!"

I'm wondering if the big surprise after the finale is seeing Veena Sud's name on the credits, because it feels so much like The Killing season 1.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

So I don't know about the rest of you but the guy in the background wildly gesticulating while Dex was talking with Quinn at Batista Bar was unironically the best part of the episode (beating even Saxon's gas-pump look-lean) and I would offer my firstborn if someone would make a gif of that.

Pretty much this is the most giffable episode of Dexter episode, which is the only praise you can give it.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

"loving Dexter!"

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Did they ever clear up what the hell happened with Deb's poisoning last season? Her water bottle was poisoned with something that apparently wouldn't kill Deb on its own, but made her pass out in traffic. I thought there was even a scene where Hannah was like "She'd be dead if it was me," because the whole scheme was so half-assed -- how the gently caress would the poisoner know she'd drink the water while driving, or that the crash would be fatal (it wasn't.)?

It wasn't even elaborated much on last season, either. Deb passes out at the wheel, Dexter finds some water bottle with :siren: weird powder :siren: in it, what could it be??? Dexter tested it but I guess the results got lost in the mail. Or his magical results-machine broke.

It's pretty obvious that the writers forgot ever single thing that happened to Deb that doesn't also have to do with Quair.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

I really wish I could burn this show to the ground watch the end of Dexter live with you all, but seeing Breaking Bad in a theater is much more appealing than this shitshow.

Goonspeed, and post a lot.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

So is it just me, or is Scott Buck trying to ride some coattails here:

They're even wearing the same shirt. :lol:

jeffersonlives posted:

Sounds like the spinoff idea is Hannah and Harrison's adventures in Argentina. So amazing.

I wanna see some penguins. :downs:

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

While the "loving Dexter!" line was more memorable because of Muppet Gosling (and because it was close to the end), my favorite exclamation of disdain for our least favorite protagonist had to have been by the Brain Surgeon Red Herring Mommy Issues guy: "gently caress you, Dexter!"

There's no video of it on Youtube, and it breaks my heart.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

They didn't even try to make it look like a hurricane was actually raging on during that scene.

I'm sure the CG interns did their best.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

CaptainHollywood posted:

I gotta be honest, I would like a Dexter reboot taking place "13 years in the future" where Hannah and Harrison are in a relationship.... :gonk:

This is so dumb it's actually plausible. Harrison grows up to be a serial killer, but since Showtime already did a show about a serial killer, they need to scrape the bottom of the Edgy Barrel to bring us: the son dating his dead (or is he?!) father's girlfriend.

Sanity be damned, I would love a spinoff of this trainwreck show. :munch:

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

escape artist posted:

How did Harrison turn the treadmill on?! Those things are operated with keys specifically to avoid accidents like the one pictured. MY IMMERSION!

I like to think the treadmill is just running at all times, constantly, for no real reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

My favorite b-plot was Quinn getting upset about something and going on a casual sex spree (I don't remember the specifics or even what season this was) that culminated in the scene with him pounding away at some faceless, nameless lady with a thousand-yard stare. I think it got gif'd, even. It was great. Quinn was the best part of that show.

Can't talk about Quinn without posting this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

• Locked thread