Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I still love this show even if it has gotten rather stupid at times and you could basically skip from like all of season 5 and 6 and not miss a beat. It helps that the dude who plays Dexter is just... so loving good at playing Dexter. I couldn't imagine anyone else

edit: I will say the biggest disappointment last season however, was that Issac was just killed and the end that was it for his plotline. I absolutely loved the dynamic between him and Dexter

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I loved Dexter losing it so much this episode. When he yelled at Harrison, when he chocked that guy on the highway, when he flipped out at Batista about how stupid Laguerta was and she caused her own death.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

thehustler posted:

The episode 2 preview? Should I not watch it? I assumed it'd just be misdirection like always.

There's a part where Deb goes up to one of the cop dudes and is like "I want to confess..." but that feels like a misdirection preview and probably not at all what it looks like.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Junkfist posted:

LaGuerta was replaced with a bench.

Dexter parking his rear end right on the bench at some point during this past episode was just perfect

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

I want to say that "no way is Dr. Brainlady the bad guy", but then I remember that in this latest episode they actually played up Deb killing El Guapo del Diablo de los Sapos as if we couldn't already figure that out on our own. Dexter acts as shocked as we're apparently supposed to be, but it just fell flat.

I thought it was pretty hilarious when he saw that it was Deb's blood. It's obvious Deb did it, and then that blood confirms it and that should be all that should happen because I like to think most of the audience isn't stupid. Instead as soon as he sees Deb's picture he looks off into the distance, and his inner voice straight up says "It's Deb's blood. She kills El Sapo. Shot him in his car." He might as well have printed out that information and circled Deb's picture with a pen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Fragmented posted:

Pretty much this. There is no sense of dread, even in this, the final season i just don't feel like the main characters are ever in danger.

Yeah that is one thing that's kind of annoying. Mostly when he breaks into peoples' houses. He almost NEVER gets caught. It's a bit silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

massive spider posted:

Woah nice going there we almost hit a plot development good thing we managed to swerve and miss it.

Next episode preview looks interesting at least, blink and miss it spoiler from the screengrab http://imgur.com/2bAMf99

Also, my season twist speculation: brainlady treated Brian.

Not gonna lie. It's actually a little unsettling/creepy seeing Dexter refered to as Subject 0. Like he's some kind of prototype mutant that got loose

• Locked thread