Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I started playing because a friend recommended it and I work in a mall so there are a shitload of portals. Apparently everyone around here is a L8-L11 Enlightened, but that works out because I started three days ago and am already L3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Powers posted:

There's a local Wendy's that somehow was accepted. No plaque, no art, just a fast food joint.

"Community gathering place" I guess.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone else noticed that most of the greenies are the type of people who only went green because then they could say they're enlightened? Pretty much every enlightened player I've met has been a complete sperglord or one of those guys who thinks he's incredibly smart and above everyone else.

I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but it sure seems to be a theme here in Detroit. The greenies also have a huge and vibrant community here where as the resistance players are pretty casual and don't really group up to do anything.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah, like I said it's probably not the case everywhere, but it sure seems to be here haha :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What is a guardian portal?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Exit Strategy posted:

Wow. Really? Man, I'm glad I didn't read the terms of service or understand that I already owned a device which was, by virtue of its functionality, basically a complex tracking system for both me and anyone who wanted to access it and had keys. Boy, howdy, sir. Thank you for opening my eyes - I would've wandered through the rest of my life blind to the legal contract I signed when I agreed to have the tiny computer in my pants tell everyone about everything.

No need to be a smug shitlord over it, I never thought about it that way until he pointed it all out so :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I, for one, would LOVE to see what the techblogs would say it any other company were doing that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I honestly have quit playing because the internet in the mall I work at is terrible and the local community sucks. Also the game destroys my battery life

• Locked thread