Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

M.Ciaster posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 is actually based on the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG I mentioned earlier, from what I know! Kind of a shame they're moving it so far into the future - I'd have loved to play a video game version of the original, with its lack of e-mail, chunky blocky expensive cellphones, and everything looking like straight out of Robocop. Still, I've got a hunch I'm gonna play the hell out of it. CD Projekt Red are great at making games.

Actually, now that I think of it: how many cyberpunk games are out there? Off the top of my head the ones I can think of are: the old Neuromancer game from the 80's, Syndicate (both the original and the remake), the Blade Runner adventure game from '97, Deus Ex and its sequels, that one hacking game (Uplink, I think?), all three Shadowrun games (the SNES version, the Genesis version and the recently released Shadowrun: Returns), and uh... that'd be it, I guess?

Snatcher for sure (since it's basically Blade Runner.jp), and what about Blood Dragon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Real life is pre-post-cyberpunk and I mentioned in the weird fanart thread (that's been talking about the same thing the past few days) that Bruce Sterling has taken to calling contemporary fiction "nowpunk".

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Caveman Cat posted:

Carpenter Brut just released EP II.

http://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/

Great stuff.

Holy poo poo that first track is a kick in the teeth.

• Locked thread