Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

In as FC Last Place again. This lineup is crazy preliminary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So tempted to pick up Fellaini on the offchance that he does sign with United. Also Liverpool's Lucas looks like a steal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Liverpool supporters: what kind of role do you think Lucas will have this season? He seems criminally cheap, probably because he was out for such long periods last year.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

This is a shout.

Also, tip for this year: Do not pick Robin Van Persie

Yeah, I'm kinda on the fence about him myself. £14m is an outrageous amount of money and he PROBABLY won't equal his tally from last season. Now that I've said it he'll bang in 60, of course.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sandwolf posted:

In case anyone was curious, Aston Villa and Chelsea now have a Double Gameweek 1.

Of course Villa are playing Arsenal and Chelsea away during that week so I wouldn't bet on too many points for them.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Any City supporters care to weigh in on Aguero's prospects next season? Will he be getting loads of games or be rotated?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, that's pretty much the read I had on the situation. I guess I'm going with RVP and skimping elsewhere.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

41 points and all of my Chelsea players yet to play (Mata, Hazard and Ivanovic). I captained Mata instead of RVP because Chelsea have a double game week. I may yet rue that decision.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Raffles posted:

Any word on whether Mata will start tomorrow night?

Well we're still in the middle of gameweek one so it's not like you can transfer him in or out regardless. I'm kinda hoping he doesn't play because then I get an 11 point defender subbed in, but he probably will and the game will be a horrible 0-0 draw where he gets carded, knowing my luck.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

irlZaphod posted:

I hope Mata scores a hattrick of goals all set up by Ivanovic because I'm losing my clean sheet for him tonight, and because Mata didn't even play on Sunday. :mad:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. And if Mata hadn't played today I had an 11 point defender waiting as a sub. A bit upset about this really.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

irlZaphod posted:

I had Rangel as my first sub with a big fat 0 points, so even Mata's 2 was better.

Yeah well, I had Whittaker. 11 points vs. Mata's awful two. No wait, FOUR, because of course I captained him figuring he'd get more points against Hull and Villa than RVP would against Swansea.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

11 points so far, but I have Hazard, Mata, RVP, Cleverley and Ivanovic still to play. High hopes!

Thinking of transferring out one of Hazard and Mata, though. I don't think they'll both play with enough regularity to warrant the costs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

vuohiliitto posted:

Mertesacker and Özil struck by mystery illness :argh:.

For gently caress's sake. I thought it would've taken the Arsenal physios longer to ruin him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

derekf posted:

Wow I lost my H2H and I have the 2nd highest week score in the league. If only I captain'ed anyone other than Soldado. drat you FC Last Place!

:smugdog:

Yeah that always stings. Last year I got knocked out of the cup in one of the early weeks on a fluke like that. Both players had really high points and I was beaten by a point or two.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

gently caress everything, Benteke's supposedly out for a month.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah but at 4.6 who cares if he doesn't play immediately. Get him as roster filler, then if (and let's face it, considering the seasons Young & co are having, WHEN) he starts getting regular games you'll be right side up on the deal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

drat, having a really close H2H match with the Tottenham Haters. I'm on 70 points, he's on 72 and we both have players in tomorrow's game. But not the same players! This one will probably go right down to the wire.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Of course Mourinho subbed on Oscar for 10 minutes, giving me a massive 1 point from him instead of the 12 Lallana's sub would've given me. Of course. And the hosed up thing is I could've sworn I had Lallana in my starting lineup before this round, too :sigh:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I might do. I also have Rooney and Özil who are likely to get more points than Suarez this week but I guess it speaks volumes about the man's ability and form that I'm not entirely convinced, even if he is playing against City. I really don't know what to do here.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Forgot to take the captaincy off Suarez so watch him get 1 point today.

gently caress it all to hell.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NeoNaoNeo posted:

My.....my fantasy team...no..

Yeah well I have Rooney, Jones, Özil and Ramsey, apparently none of whom are playing this week. This is going to be a BAD week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

3rd in the first (and therefore best) H2H league, 8th in the TRP Classic. I'll loving take it considering the end of the season I had.

• Locked thread