Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

Tony Hawk's Underground 2, THUG 2, is the 6th game in the Tony Hawk's series. While if you have played THUG 1 you might be expecting an awesome game but honestly, this game blows. While the controls feel kinda tighter, and they add a few nice gameplay elements, everything else sucks... the Voice Acting and the Story being the bigest flaws, and honestly the graphics look almost the same if not worse then THUG 1.

But with that said, let me introduce you to Steve, the Main Character. Steve gets brought in to the World Destruction Tour and has to do all kind of wacky/jackass type things to win big points, and I guess skate along the way. And because Steve is such a good skateboarder, I will be playing on sick, along with my co-commentator: ZackCat.

This will be a semi-informative LP, I will be getting every goal on sick and I will try to get all the goodies that are to be gotten. Please note that ZackCat and I will be talking over the cut scenes because I do not want to force you to bare them alone, but :siren:no spoilers:siren:, this game is stupid and dumb, and I hate the story, but don't spoiler it for anyone, spoiler tags are fine though.

Updates will be about 15-30 minuites long, normaly on the lower end of that scale, and updates will come out once a week. I have started recording ahead of the LP so something doesn't happen like in the THUG 1 LP.

Ep 1: My Frist Combo: Youtube 12M
Ep 2: 1.21 Giga-What?: Youtube 12M
Ep 2b: How does that even work?: Youtube 12M
Ep 3: K Pasta?: Youtube 12M
Ep 4: He isn't even sitting in his wheelchair!: Youtube 12M
Ep 5: Wait, Gulls or Goals?: Youtube 12M
Ep 6: Jimmy Big-Wheels Youtube 12M
Ep 7: Chunky The Yeti Youtube 12M
Ep 8: 100% more Waffles! Youtube 12M
Ep 9: Ghost-boarding Youtube 12M
Ep 10: That's a Fine Face! Youtube 12M
Ep 11: Don't lose your way, in Berlin Youtube 12M
Ep 11b: Bails: Berlin Youtube 12M
Ep 12: Kickin' it old school Youtube 12M
Ep 13: Secret Service Steve Youtube 12M
Ep 14: Uphill Jelly Youtube 12M
Ep 15: Pseudo Mardi Gra, at best Youtube 12M
Ep 16: Good Episode Here Youtube 12M
Ep 17: Birds and Tea Youtube 12M
Ep 18: Kickin' Rad Youtube 12M
Ep 19: Hoagie and Trash Youtube 12M
Ep 20: Los Angle-Less Youtube 12M

Vifs fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Lunethex posted:

One of the things stated early on was earning points which will basically be the new goals. Will you be doing all of them per chapter?

Yah I plan on doing all the goals per chapter, and I'm going to want to kill myself for it. Also I will be going through classic mode too.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Ugh. Focus. I really hated that.

Wait why do you hate focus?

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I dunno. It felt like a stupid gimick. I didn't feel like it actually added anything to the game. And wasn't this the only game to use it? I can't remember if it was in THAW or P8...

It shows up in THAW almost in the same exact way, and it's kinda in P8 but it's slightly different, at least if my memory is correct.

But of all the things in THUG2, focus mode is what bothers you?

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Bruceski posted:

or did they decide it was cool to have you be a twerp in a Peter Pan hat?

Don't hate on Steve :colbert:

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

So in the next stage we can pick to play one of four Pros, so I'll give you guys a few days to vote!

Bob Burnquist
Rodney Mullen
Chad Muska
Mike Valley

Also I plan on doing updates every tuesday unless something changes.

Edit: I guess I should have put this up a few days ago, oops.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

So I used my voting program from the last thread to count the votes, but it kinda messed up a bit due to formatting issues. So for the next vote if you could do the first and last name surrounded by a bold tag. Not that it really matters for this vote because it was pretty clear that Bob won this time, and I'm to lazy to edit the text to make it formated correctly, or count things manually.

Bob Burnquist got 11 many votes
Mike Valley got 3 many votes
Rodney Mullen got 1 many votes
Chad Muska got 1 many votes

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Honestly when THUG2 came out, I didn't really mind the story that much cause I liked jackass back then, but now that I'm older I'm just kinda uhhhh about it. I guess as someone who tried to learn how to skateboard as a kid, THUG 1 just seemed like a more awesome story to me. Plus I played THUG 1 way more back when I was younger so I have a lot more nostalgia for it to overlook some of its crap.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

:siren:Update:siren:

Ep 2: 1.21 Giga-What?: Youtube 12M

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

:siren:Voting!:siren:
Oh hey, I forgot to post this with the update, but for the next stage we get to vote again! Also please make you vote in bold tags with first and last name, because I'm lazy and I want my voting program to do all the work for me.

Rodney Mullen
Chad Muska
Mike Vallely

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Lunethex posted:

That video was strung together really well all in the one (presumably) go you went at it. Voting Rodney Mullen because.

yah I have to play though stages 2-3 times to make sure I know where all the goals are, and try to figure out a good way to string them together. I miss Thug 1 and its missions :smith:

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Toffile posted:

I think in most levels you need to actually do it as a goal or as a means to a goal, so it won't be that big of a deal.

Also I can't believe neither of you picked up on Star Wars Kid. This game is a stockpile of dated material.

Yah the cannons are more of an easter egg than a goal. Also we picked up on Star Wars Kid, but it was funnier, to me, to make fun of Zackcat.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

I think the cannon is one of the goals in the Arcade mode, if memory serves me.

Which reminds me, Vifs do you plan on going through Arcade mode when you're done with the main story?

Yah I plan on going though classic mode after I finish the main story.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Doesn't the other window across from the star wars kid have the goat fucker that's been hidden in the game since, what? THPS3?

I will be showing off everything I missed in a bonus update.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 2b: How does that even work?: Youtube 12M

Ok showed off everything left in Boston, for the most part. Also gently caress you, I'm not doing all the gaps.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

"This video is unavailable. Sorry about that."

I think YouTube wants you to get all the gaps, too. :colbert:

That's weird, it works on my end... I've heard that youtube has been having some issues the last few days. :iiam:

Edit: Clearly it's a plot to get more views on my lovely website.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 26, 2013

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Vifs posted:

:siren:Voting!:siren:
Oh hey, I forgot to post this with the update, but for the next stage we get to vote again! Also please make you vote in bold tags with first and last name, because I'm lazy and I want my voting program to do all the work for me.

Rodney Mullen
Chad Muska
Mike Vallely

This is still going on for another day or two, I think some people might have forgot about this sense we had that bonus update.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

:siren:Poll Closed:siren:

Rodney Mullen got 5 many votes
Mike Vallely got 1 many votes
Chad Muska got 1 many votes

Seems like Rodney Mullen won with a pretty clean victory.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 3: K Pasta?: Youtube 12M

Sorry about the late update we have a bit of technical issues with Zackcats audio. Also you are forced to use someone for the next stage as the pro, so no voting.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Vagithug posted:

From the last thread? IIRC vifs said that his co-commentator had real life stuff come up.

More or less. He graduated and became a workaholic and is almost never online.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Sorry for the late update, but I started working and Zackcat is almost never online when I'm home. I guess I'll have to figure something out if we can't get a compatible schedule.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 4: He isn't even sitting in his wheelchair!: Youtube 12M

Oh boy, we have to play on Bams team for this video, luckily that doesn't last long! Again sorry about the late update, hopefully it doesn't happen again, and if I do have a late update I hope it doesn't take 7 months again.

Also :siren:Votting!:siren:

Rodney Mullen
Chad Muska
Mike Vallely

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

DairunCates posted:

Yes yes, Zackcat. It's 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo. Come on. Why don't you try referencing something OBSCURE?

Ok, who is this?

Edit: Some people have said that I have missed some things, but instead of doing what I did for boston, I will do everything when I go back for classic/arcade mode.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

DairunCates posted:

Probably one of those 13 ghosts you don't know about, Vifs. That would make the most sense, seeing as only probably 100 people have actually WATCHED that show.

The sad part is, I've watched that show. I was pretty into Scooby Doo as a kid.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

So I was waiting to record till some more votes came in, but that hasn't really happened. So good job Mike Vallely, you won with a land slide.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Sweeper posted:

You eat the chocolate off of butterfingers and then suck on them? wtf

Don't judge me on how I eat candy.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 5: Wait, Gulls or Goals?: Youtube 12M

So no voting for the next time, because out of the 3 pros, we haven't seen one of them yet.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Wow I'm surprised this was modeled after a real place. I figured they just picked a name of a town and make a map of what they thought it would be like.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Glazius posted:

We still haven't gotten up to the sheer level of property destruction Aggressive Inline managed. Maybe that'll be a bit better in future installments?

Maybe, if I could stop playing FFXIV.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Good news, FFXIV is down tomorrow for server maintenance, so I guess I should record.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

Will the room also be empty as hell like it was this year. I watched it on youtube and I think dude even got WR and there was only one person watching him.

Even though it is pretty obvious I'd like to point out that this video contains spoilers for later levels, not any story stuff, but you know the stages themselves.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 6: Jimmy Big-Wheels Youtube 12M

Oh hey, I'm alive!

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

So are there any special characters that control well? Or are at least fun to play? Or are funny, or interesting, or not offensively terrible in every way?

Let me put it this way: You know when you play newer games and go back to an older game and everything feels off cause you are missing some features, it's a lot like that, but at break-neck speeds.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Kloro posted:

Actually, that's a good point. Does completing the full 1000 points in an area (as opposed to hitting the minimum to advance) actually affect anything? Or is it just giving the player some wiggle room?

Honestly, I have no idea.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

widespread posted:

For only some people? 100% all the way or nothing! :argh:
But I think this game gets a pass because gently caress getting all the goals.

I don't mind getting all the gulls, they aren't too bad, but gently caress getting all the gaps.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

For people who have never seen jackass, this might clear up the thread title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qof4MmKIb_c

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

I swear the new update is coming, just Zackcat and I are having problems being free at the same time again. Anyways, sense we will be doing the classic/arcade missions next if anyone would like to guest please send me a PM or post in the thread with your skype info, but please make a more meaningful post than just: I would like to guest.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 7: Chunky The Yeti Youtube 12M

News alert, Zackcat can't stop playing pokemon.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Senerio posted:

On topic, this was about where I stopped playing as a kid, because it got to the point where I wasn't good enough to get the 750 points to continue, because I was am bad at video games.

I have to admit I played Tony Hawk's games way to much as a kid, and as a result, I am way to good at skating games now.

Also, you guys are nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Toffile posted:

At least they haven't gotten pokemon tattoos on their arms yet.

I've known Zackcat long enough, that I wouldn't be surprised.

• Locked thread