Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Der Glubb is' a Depp :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

DFB Pokal is complete garbage anyway imho. :negative:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Agreed. :v:

Edit: Just had a look at Dynamo's cup record in the last decade: 3x 2nd round, 5x 1st round, 2x not qualified, 1x banned. Glorious. :emo:

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tbh I'm pretty sure Dynamo got banned because the universe owed me one after we lost 3-4 to them that two years ago. Same as Bremen losing in the first round three times in a row after they won the cup against us. I shouldn't use my powers for evil though, I am sorry. :(

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

(Potential) Bundesliga plastics, I made a thing! It's a week until the season starts, so make your pick now!

*e: I'm whoring this out via Twitter as well, so I'd appreciate an RT if you like it. :shobon:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Aug 5, 2013

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Katana Gomai posted:

(Potential) Bundesliga plastics, I made a thing! It's a week until the season starts, so make your pick now!

This is a thing of beauty.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

*e: I'm whoring this out via Twitter as well, so I'd appreciate an RT if you like it. :shobon:

Perfect.

e: Schalke or Leverkusen might actually win the DFB Pokal though, so redo everything I guess??

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Myron posted:

Leverkusen might actually win the DFB Pokal though

You're precious. :negative:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Leverkusen will find a way (to go out to a third league side next round).

Edit: Added the flowchart to the OP.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I found this too

(sorry if it has been posted before :downs:)

e: Haha, Köln's there, I'm an idiot.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I think that's the 2011/12 season, also lol at Bremen as a winning club. :laugh:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

It's great. I love "Do you have plans for Monday night next season?" in particular.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

Lmao great stuff

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

You're precious. :negative:

It felt really weird typing that, but I didn't want to come off as a dick only mentioning Schalke :v: (And that's unlikely enough too, unless Bayern and Dortmund get really tough CL draws and lots of injuries...)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Myron posted:

It felt really weird typing that, but I didn't want to come off as a dick only mentioning Schalke :v: (And that's unlikely enough too, unless Bayern and Dortmund get really tough CL draws and lots of injuries...)

Hell, it felt weird reading that.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

lol at Bremen as a winning club. :laugh:

I can't tell if I'm laughing so hard I'm crying or the other way around

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Hahaha, Do you enjoy watching accidents happen? YOLO! -> HSV is incredibly funny to me for some reason. Brilliant.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Thanks guys. :shobon:

Back to our regular programming, today is the last day of the first cup round, with these exciting games:

18:30
SSV Jahn Regensburg : 1. FC Union Berlin
MSV Duisburg : SC Paderborn 07
FC Nöttingen 1957 : FC Schalke 04

And finally, at 20:30:
BSV Rehden : Bayern München

Who's up to see Schalke get kicked out of the competition? This guy!

:smug:
:yosbutt:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

That's a hell of a tasty flowchart, very nice!

Baelish
Feb 8, 2013
I'm an American who's been watching Premier League and MLS for about a year now, and I'm now just getting into Bundesliga football this season. I have a lot of ancestral ties to the Dortmund area, most of my German family emigrated to America from there, so I'd like to consider myself a geographically displaced and generationally removed Dortmund fan. I know enough about Borussia Dortmund itself that Bayern Munich is bad and that the atmosphere at Signal Iduna Park is supposed to be crazy.

Beyond that, I don't know much about the Bundesliga or too much about Dortmund's history. I want to educate myself and I hope to enjoy watching Fußball-Bundesliga!

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Katana Gomai posted:

Brilliant! (Now if we could only get games in the US on something other than GOLTV)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Baelish posted:

I'd like to consider myself a geographically displaced and generationally removed Dortmund fan

If we ever get bored of the current thread title, this is the new one. As far as learning about your new club goes, do you know what "Borussia" stands for? No googling.

Baelish
Feb 8, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

If we ever get bored of the current thread title, this is the new one. As far as learning about your new club goes, do you know what "Borussia" stands for? No googling.

No, not a clue.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I don't even know what Borussia means, and I'm German.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Katana Gomai posted:

Borussia is the city Dortmund play in duh

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
It's the latin name for Prussia.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's the latinization of "Prussia" fyi.

e: ^^ motherfucker

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Well, as bavarians we gotta know the enemy. Don't we, frankenfreak, you old bavarian you :angel:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

frankenfreak is even worse, being a Franconian and all (sup Franconian buddy).

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Welp, I guess we've all learned something today! Anyways, time for lovely cup games, let's all poo poo on Schalke together!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

GhostDog posted:

Well, as bavarians we gotta know the enemy. Don't we, frankenfreak, you old bavarian you :angel:
Heh, I'm actually born and raised in the part of Franconia that was part of Prussia once. :devil:

Baelish
Feb 8, 2013

GhostDog posted:

It's the latin name for Prussia.

Well I'm glad that I know that now!

Why are they called Borussia/Prussia if they're from NW Germany?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Baelish posted:

No, not a clue.

To be honest, as evidenced in this thread, a ton of Germans don't know this either. Enjoy your season, bring a friend and :justpost:!

Baelish posted:

Dortmund was a part of Prussia when the club was founded, same as Mönchengladbach. Although lol at the Wikipedia entry for Dortmund claiming the club was named after a brewery instead. :v:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 5, 2013

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Baelish posted:

Everything north of the Weißwurstäquator is Prussia imo.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

:siren: Reminder, you still have a few days left to sign up for this season's KICKTIPP and place your pre-season bets! :siren: (wherein we all bet on Hamburg as the first to fire their manager)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

1-0 Regensburg. :slick:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

1-0 Regensburg. :slick:

1-1 Equalizer. :iamafag:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ugh, go gently caress yourself forever, Schalke. Nöttigen hit the crossbar twice! :negative:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I need Sky sometime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I cancelled my sub just this season because they're not offering me the same price they always did (25€ for everything+HD). Wiziwig.tv, yo.

• Locked thread