Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Just started paying attention to this LP, and seeing how I'm a foodie without skills, I love this.

The video isn't up yet, but did you use a fork to roll the gnocchi? That's how we do it in our family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Good to see an update, and if I lived anywhere near that side of the country, I'd try to help with your problem. The closest I've ever gotten to such a situation was having a mental escapee act hosed up in the dining room and promptly be recaptured by the police. However, seeing how I am in New York, I'm just going to say that shrimp gyoza sound tasty.

Also, I made thai curry according to your recipe. It was tasty. I added fresh mushroom, carrots and bell peppers as well.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

When we had gnocchi, we had at least three people rolling and cutting the pasta. Even then it still took a long time to feed four people and stock the freezer.

Making cutlets was also a three-person job. One for the flour, one for the egg, one for the breadcrumbs. Since the youngest person got the least desirable section of the assembly line, I wound up with breadcrumb gloves every time.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

We're pretty much just making fun of you because, you know, doritos. Any crumbly dry thing works (corn flakes, bread, chips, saltines).

Oyster crackers, maybe. Extra crispy, but not too salty...

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Meatloaf. I've seen plenty of abominations and want to see how you plan to eradicate the plague of Under/Overcooked Greasy Cow Lumps.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dickey Butts posted:

Where I'm from (California), when you say "Cole Slaw" people immediately think of that horrid mayonnaisey stuff you get at KFC.

Ewwwwwwww. That ain't slaw, that's fertilizer. I worked at a restaurant that sold premade slaw kinda like that. No one working with me liked it, but the customers liked it because it was super runny. Boss said that attempts to make the slaw fresh made people upset, because it didn't flow like a goddamn river.

No, what tonberrytoby said. Caraway and bacon make for excellent slaw.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

It also sounded like you were hallucinating, discussing the nonexistent music. (Yeah, I know it's due to bullshit youtube copyright fuckamawhatsits, but it's still hilarious.)

loving barbecue sauce. Why did I not think of that before? It's so obvious, yet so radical.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Борщ beef stew, because I already know how to make fried chicken for the masses and gently caress if I'm going to willingly make it ever again.

Also, what the gently caress PETA.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

mozman posted:

I'm Australian and have no idea what the hell cornbread is.

It's as if you were making regular bread, only to realize "Holy gently caress, I don't have enough wheat flour to complete this, better use what's in this can. Corn [ok, MAIZE] flour? That'll do." You don't usually knead it or use yeast. And gently caress if you add more than a dash of sugar, because then you'll end up with cornCAKE, not cornBREAD. Sweeten it after it's baked, you drat Yankees.

Mico, if you end up making this:

I just might start screaming.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

DreamingofRoses posted:

(We have it in our cupboard because my mom likes to make ham with a Jack Daniel's, Molasses and Brown Sugar glaze.)

That sounds like an awesome idea. Or how about RUM?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I made an Ethiopian beef not too long ago (key wot), it was yummy. Homemade berbere mix is a great thing to have, although this batch wasn't spicy enough. Served with rice, because we don't have a griddle for injera :saddowns:

Nidoking posted:

The Neti pot is actually pretty comfortable if you're careful to get the water at body temperature, and it definitely clears the sinuses. I remember hearing something about picking up infections from the water, but honestly, that sounds like typical paranoia to me - if you're that worried, boil the water and let it cool to body temperature.

fastbeef stew:

- Ground beef, 73% lean.
- Garlic powder
- Ketchup
- Salt
- Cornstarch

Puree in mini food chopper, put in Neti pot, add 1/2 cup boiling water. Cool to body temperature, flush sinuses.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Your chicken has MSG, I think I want to marry you or something like that.

And gently caress yeah, show me some good ground cow patties, when I make them they always fall apart :ohdear:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mico, I am utterly repulsed.

Who the gently caress makes a burger and doesn't include cheese?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

EntranceJew posted:

:siren: Bonus Video: Hotdogs :siren:

Most people don't know how to cook hotdogs, so here's how.

I still prefer Masaokis' method. :colbert:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Yay, update! It's like making American food: the Japanese way! Seriously, what the gently caress is that patty flingin' action there, no one does that.

Also, kotlyeta po-kiyevski since you still won't make the borscht.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

I vote you show us what happens when you tempura a hamburger..

Mico posted:

I literally cannot believe I am posting this in Goons With Spoons but here we are.

gently caress you, thread.

Merry Christmas.

Real video coming in a few days. Hopefully Saturday? We'll see.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Grizlor posted:

As a Rochesterian I have to echo the nod to Wegmans in the video. They have ruined every other supermarket for me.

Edit: Voting for Chicken Kiev.

What up fellow Rahchestahrian. Yeah, Wegmans is p awesome. They rejected my application tho :saddowns:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only grown adult who still draws things on his food. I still draw F, U, C, and K in mustard on my hamburger buns because I am an ADULT.

I draw dicks.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Or when he makes the borscht.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

EntranceJew posted:

:siren: Bonus Video: Microwaved Toast :siren:
Microwaved toast works because you put butter and sugar on toast and it comes out fuckin' perfect!

I'm just kidding, I did this video on a public bet from Brett and he didn't know that I was within earshout. I'm now sharing it with you!

C'mon man, your kitchen is way too clean. Take a lesson from the master and light that poo poo on fire with liquid wrench.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

mico eat the borscht

Actually, I still want Frolf Kiev.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Samizdata posted:

Wait, nooooooo. I've seen you in videos cooking. Unless gazongas are some kind of foodstuff you bought in a giant package.

from costco

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Eggloaf Kiev

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I think this means samosas won

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Now I'm hungry. Cook some frolf french.

....wait, you're not done, are you? :ohdear:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mico posted:

UPDATE: gently caress Phyllo dough this poo poo is super hard to work with.

You aren't making the dough from maida flour? :colbert:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Best of luck Mico. Just remember borscht.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

My sister tried to make the spaghetti bolognese.

We wound up with bolognese soup with burnt onion flecks, so who knows what the gently caress happened.

It's pretty hard to screw up curry, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'll be archiving all of the vids on my hard drive.

• Locked thread