Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Le0 posted:

So I'm going to be mainly playing with a friend of mine and he told me he was going mastermind primarily.
I'm probably going mainly enforcer to cover the stuff he doesn't but technician looked great as well.

I wanted some additional info about the saw because it looks interesting but I hadn't the chance to test it obviously. As I understand the saw is your primary but can you actually kill with it or do you use your secondary to kill and the saw is just to open doors and atms?

Any other suggestions for a good duo with mastermind?

Yes,, you can kill with the saw. You will burn through blades though and you need to be in melee range. That said it shouldn't matter since you have a sidearm and you typically bring a saw when you plan to be leaving without a big battle. Mastermind is great with an enforcer and mixed groups are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

quote:

Loot Drop
When 2 or more of the same weapon mod is in inventory, that weapon mod no longer drops.

Great!

Just noticed I also got 5 trading cards for Payday 2.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

So am I correct in thinking there is no way to solo the gold vault in Framing Frames day 3?

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The Crooked Warden posted:

It depends on its location. If it spawns on the second floor instead of the bottom it's totally doable, at least if you have the sprint speed and bonus stamina skills.

Godsped posted:

You are not. You override the computer, run bag and toss some gold (I manage 3) and run out, the hint to gtfo is a beep. There will be two more beeps after that and then the laser grid will be back up. You run back to the computer and override again. Good rule of thumb is to leave early rather than late.

Might have just been a bad spawn then with it on the lowest floor. The lasers are off for 15 seconds and it took 12 to run down to the vault. Not sure if I'll even bother doing that again though since I really just wanted to see if I could. It would have taken around 1.25 hours to do it without failures for the 900k.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The really annoying part about crime.net is that it doesn't just let you choose difficulty. I have little interest in anything but overkill and overkill/pro. When levels require 150k+ per, it is a waste to do anything else.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

GotLag posted:

I don't know, I just played it for the first time a few hours ago and when the trading started the doors opened so that's how we did it.

Framing frames day 2 locks everyone in until the trade is over. There are 3 civilians near the truck that must be rushed to prevent the cops being called. You can do this solo, then move the money.

Concerning the rats vs Ukraine xp/money, rats doesn't even compare. I don't think you can pick the same job twice in a row, to start. But doing Ukraine, nightclub, and Ukraine again would be similar money and 50% more XP in less time, plus 3 cards. For grinding, I don't see anything better.

A full rats run is way more enjoyable though.

e: I really wouldn't mind if they blocked you from picking the last 2 heists that you've completed until you've done a third, to prevent this type of grinding, if they just let you choose difficulty.

Phuzun fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 19, 2013

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

We were having problems with these civvies last night and thought it was just scripted, can you give me a screenshot of where they're hiding?

Framing Frames is super fun to stealth though, thanks to Error for teaching us how to do it right last night.

Can't currently get a screenshot, but you just bolt out the doors and straight across the warehouse to the street that the van is near. You'll see 3 civilians in those orange construction uniforms. Yell at them or kill them. I have no idea how fast you need to be, but a mastermind with dominator will have them on the ground before they can do anything to ruin your time.

Also

Party Plane Jones posted:

(this also means you shouldn't be firing when you're in the train car).

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Doing a stealth mission with 4 people that have Smooth Talker is incredibly fun and fast. Though I totally agree that sitting around and waiting for one person to stealth everything can be rather boring.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

TheMostFrench posted:

So how does a tripmine on a door work? I tried place one and shooting it, and nothing happened. Is there some upgrade I've forgotten? Hope no one posted about this recently.

You need the shaped charge skill and you hold F while aiming at the c4 icon on the door.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

BlackCircle posted:

Purchased this game last week during the sale with a buddy of mine and while we are having fun with it I was wondering if anyone had a few basic pointers about how to stealth missions. Particularly things like the bank heists where there feels like 1000000 safe deposit boxes to open and since our stealth ability has mainly been
1. Get spotted
2. Start shooting
3. Repeat until cops are all dead
I feel like we are losing out on a lot of loot since its just the two of us doing this and things get pretty hectic fast so we have to clear out before we all die. Is it viable to just kill civvies if we arent sure that we can contain everyone? Like I said its just two of us so we only get 4 cable ties between us and if we are trying to open boxes it leaves way to many opputunities for them to get up and call cops. Really any tips we can get would be great since we didn't play the first Payday and aren't really sure what to do other then go shooty on cops.

I think you typically get 4-5 loot bags out of deposit boxes, which does not add up a huge amount in the grand scheme of things. But to answer the stealth question, you want to get a silenced gun with Cable Guy(Aced) and Smooth Talker(Owned) at a minimum. If you can get Cleaner (owned) in the Ghost tree, it is very helpful for moving corpses that may get spotted. Dominator (Owned or Aced) is pretty useful in getting an extra guy down, if you can swing it. As for the gameplay, you need to take out the guards, then answer their pagers without being seen. If you break a camera, a guard will come to inspect it and this leaves you with an easy way to setup an ambush. I try to do an arrest with Dominator for the first guard, since guards will sometimes just pull their gun out and begin firing instead of giving up.

Tips specific to the bank.
The manager has a keycard that is either on his person or at his desk. He patrols and smokes, so get him when he is away from everyone and hope he has the keycard. The keycard is used to get into the security office, which you will want to do, unless you can take out all the cameras without being seen or setting off civilians to early.
When you start taking over the bank and the civilians have just been alerted, prepare to murder a few of them as there are 2 locations which have alarms they can press. The first is in the cube area, to the right as you enter from the stairs room. If a civilian runs at it, just kill them and lose a bit of money. The other alarm is in with the tellers. One of the doors will be open to their booth, be prepared to run in there and shoot both of them. Unless you have Control Freak, they will ignore you and go for the button. In general though, kill the tellers first to start taking over and at least be aware of what is happening by the cube alarm.
There are 3 or 4 civilians that walk around outside. People usually just kill them before going after the interior civilians or they will try to take them down when the raid starts. Watch out for these guys walking beyond the invisible walls. They can get alerted in areas you cannot walk to.

Stealth can be very fast if your entire team has Smooth Talker and at least a single Dominator. Just spread out, kill 1 guard each and answer the pager. Otherwise, you can coordinate the first 2 kills and answers to be done by the non-Smooth Talkers.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

From OP http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562049

People usually idle in the chat for games. Play with goons.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

I believe in the latest patch they increased the drop rate for the train intel.

I'm not going to believe it, but this is what they said. I got train twice immediately after the release and haven't seen it in the past 7 or 8 completions. But this could be the completely poo poo RNG that Payday 2 seems to be afflicted with.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Stryk and Gunslinger, assault rifles are secondary. Finally got a pocket laser after 120 hours. You can argue what you want about the max damage numbers, it just doesn't have anything on the Stryk when poo poo is going down. Helps that ammo bags generally have way more extra ammo from people refilling primary weapons only.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Asehujiko posted:

The silent killer perk works better with a slower, more damaging weapon, right? From what I've read the silencers reduce damage by a fixed amount and the perk increases it by a % so I'd be better off putting said silencer on an AK 7.62 than on my CAR-4 but this game has some obtuse systems sometimes so I figured I'd ask before wasting all my cash on crippling my gun.

Yes, this is somewhat right. But the 7.62 or mixing in enforcer with the shotguns will ruin your detection, something to consider. Money is easy to get back while trying a new build.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I meant actual full stealth, completely cleaning out the place and not the cheesy ATM method. :p

Only 2 pagers and can be done as soon as you have an ECM. It is incredibly easy with control freak since the entire map will drop instantly. Put down an ECM and take out all the cameras/guards.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I don't know what is more hilarious, the fact that they are balancing a co-op game around some imaginary fantasy of difficulty or that people are getting worked up about changes in a non-competitive game.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Wastrel_ posted:

There really, really needs to be a way to kill shields from distance. Especially when they come in 3-4 at a time with a taser thrown in for good measure. And no, grenades with piddling damage don't count.

Sounds like a good time for ECM Feedback.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

HDD starts chugging, oh look, Payday 2 is updating.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I am at the point where I still have a ton of things to unlock, I'm a hair from level 99, and have little desire to play anymore. The game content updates are pretty slow and charging several dollars for the pathetic dlc that has been released just irritates me. I did get my value from the initial release/cost, but this item grind is loving stupid and they seem to have these dumb ideas about how to overhaul the game... Like they didn't have any laid out design plans from the start.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

Any goons up for some fast exp runs of Rats?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_Scumbag/

I'm usually on at weird hours, but I could always use more Payday 2 friends.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Making you PC chug during this game's updates is terrible and it is no surprise that they can't get an Xbox 360 patch out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

So they came out and said that they only have power over the forum community. At least they are suggesting cheaters disable them and not affect others, since they know that they can't do much else.

• Locked thread