Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TarKist posted:

Anyone else still having troubles with their mics in game?

I ran into a few problems while playing with goons where all of our mics would stop working for seemingly no reason. Although quitting to the main menu and reforming the party fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I've been stuck at 89% for 30 minutes. Each time I try to start the download it considers it for a moment and then pauses it again without making any progress.

Another goon suggested changing your region to something else. Whenever I switch my region I restart Steam and it's set back to my original, default region. I didn't even stay up all night because I knew release was going to be a poo poo show. What the hell is going on? :psyduck:

e: It's not let me change my region a few times but nothing has changed. Steam literally won't let me finish the install.
e2: According to a dev's twitter account using task manager to kill Steam and then trying to download helps. I did it and instead of having my download immediately paused it's now downloading at 0kb/s which I suppose is an improvement. ( http://www.videogamer.com/pc/payday_2/news/payday_2_wont_download_force_close_steam_and_restart.html )

fennesz fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 13, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Yeah if you're expecting a SWAT sim you're not going to like this. The AI isn't that bad. :spergin:

Feenix posted:

So torn. You guys are all positive, but the reviews out so far (disregarding the scores) mention things that might just annoy me. (And the mention of rather unspectacular sensation shooting enemies...)

I'm kind of surprised people still put such faith in reviews. The game is fantastic.

The gunplay is responsive and rewarding; shooting a cop in the face and watching his helmet fly off as he careens onto his cop car is amazing. The sound design, both music and sound effects are really well done, second only to a Battlefield title. Although the stellar soundtrack more than makes up for this. The customization of equipment, skills, armor and masks makes you always want to work toward improving something about your character. It's a good game.

Launch is having problems but let's be realistic: what major release hasn't had issues?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SixtySix posted:

I'm not trying to be a sperg or sound like a high speed low drag operator, and I honestly wanted to like the game, but it didn't work for me :smith:

To each their own.

I didn't really think about it until reading your post but maybe that's because I've been watching movies like Heat, The Score and Ronin lately. You play as a bunch of super anti-heroes who are one step ahead of the cops at every turn.

"Of course they're going to continually blunder into the killzone we've setup; we're just that good :smug:"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is it just me or were the pubbies in beta a lot better at the game than the pubbies in release?

It wouldn't be so bad but the Steam overlay has to stay disabled unless I want to crash every few missions :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

gently caress Framing Frames Day 3.

I can't even imagine that level on Overkill. Shields standing in every doorway and dozers charging the computer over and over. Oh god.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Just finished Very Hard Framing Frames day 3 through stealth with a couple of friends.

That mission sure is something, alright.

What was the payout?

I just got done rolling with an unexpectedly awesome group of pubbies. We got really close to shooting our way out of Framing Frame d3, just because, until a Bulldozer had to come and ruin our day :( Son of a bitch hunted all of us down, one by one. I'm honestly really curious what d3 Overkill looks like. It's got to be complete hell.

Acquire Currency! posted:

We hosed up so hard that it blew up :allears:.

P.S. The only proper way to finish Rats is to let the last C4 blow up the bus as you walk away with 13 bags of cash. :clint:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I got kicked because I couldn't hear whatever the other three guys were telling me. Why is voice chat so loving quiet?

I have a different voice chat problem. It works just fine for me until I hit the push to talk key. Then everything is turned way, way down so it's near muted and voice chat is amplified, which makes sense. Except the volume never equalizes and I have to crank my volume up to hear anything. It wouldn't be so bad but I keep forgetting to turn it back down when I quit. I nearly blew my speakers out because my volume was turned all the way up. Yeah.

And I just got kicked out of a Overkill Watchdogs after I held an entire flank on my own (they were holed up in the warehouse, I was watching the doorway, stairs and street). A low level dude gets incapped at the start of the second day, we try to save him, fail because he ran into the middle of an overkill assault and the host asks "what the gently caress were you doing over there?" naturally I respond and tell him that we were running bags. You have been kicked from the game. :allears:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

furaxu posted:

Wild guess. Try right-clicking the speaker in the system tray, click on Sounds, go to Communications and set it to "Do Nothing" if it isn't already.

Hot drat. This worked. I googled a few things related to Payday 2 but I've never had a problem with voip with any other games. Never thought it could be my speaker configuration.

Thank you kindly :tipshat:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think that this thread really needs a more complete title. Payday 2: Kill Cops. Get money.

Capn Beeb posted:

Fun game, though. :toot:

Add me on Steam Beeb. http://steamcommunity.com/id/fennesz_/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Mosconi Shotgun + Bullet Storm = :circlefap:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Do we have any specific information regarding the Enforcer skills "Underdog" (limits damage taken/increases damage dealt when surrounded) or "Berserker" (do more damage when you're low on health)? I included both of these in my current skillset but I'm not sure when they're kicking in or ultimately how useful they'll be.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

This was a rare glitch in PD1 as well. I had it happen once so far in PD2, though it was during the beta.

I just finished overkill firestarter not long ago and day 1 had around 10 guns we took, day 2 had 3 weapons we took from the evidence locker, and day 3 had some loose jewelry amongst 2 singular gold bars and 2 groups of gold bars that we nabbed.

drat. I played a Firestarter last night that was just on the regular difficulty but the first day had at least 10 gun stashes and we found an evidence storage room in the FBI office that held 5 crates of weapons and 3 bundles of gold. Our payout would have been insane on Overkill.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Getting rid of the files worked, thanks. Also, the Super Shotgun is loving godly and everyone should buy it. Someone on the dev. team was playing Doom II when they designed this motherfucker.

Yeah, seriously. If you're standing behind the counter in the bank you can headshot heavy FBI across the street with a single shell. It's unbelievable once you get a rhythm down with it's reload and get comfortable with the range. The only downside is when you get caught out by a bunch of targets at the same time. But, then again, anyone using any other weapon would struggle with that.

Hell, I accidentally dumped a bag into the water on Overkill Watchdogs so I ran back to the truck with a buddy, he picked up the bag and we brought it back to the boat, no sweat. It absolutely tears bulldozers up too. With a little help from a teammate they drop insanely quick after you put two shells into their head. Not to mention what you can do when you couple it with Bullet Storm.

:pcgaming:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Does anyone have a link to that pastebin that gave us exact values for all of the skills? A few skills seem like they would be amazing or completely terrible depending entirely upon the values which are conveniently not given.

Also does anyone know if Fully Loaded allows you to carry more ammo total or expands your magazine? The wording on the skill calculator and in-game are very different. This is what I'm currently going with. http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/mastersperg/ I was going with Berserker aced but I never noticed any meaningful damage bonus when I was low on health so plugged the points into increased shotgun steel sight speed (for convenience) and increased ammunition capacity. I'm pretty dead-set on my Mastermind tree with the exception of Cable Guy.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 15, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I did an overkill Nightclub last night and one of the dudes had Control Freak. He just walked in the front door and started unloading his rifle into the ceiling and every civvie in the place hit the deck while we mopped up the reset of the gangsters. Blew up the safe and hightailed it. Best stealth run ever :clint:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anatharon posted:

I hate Four Stores so much. I've only done it, the Jewlery Store, and Mall Crasher before. They're kinda fun, but.. Eh.

Are the other heists more interesting? And how exactly does Mall Crasher work? I tried blowing up a car to no avail, so is it just breaking glass, bottles and screens? :confused:

You will eventually attempt to steal a fusion reactor, break into an FBI branch office and sell stolen paintings to a corrupt political official. It's as fun as it sounds.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Finally pulled a heist that netted me over a million. And we did it in style :c00lbert:

Had over 100 kills on that last day too. The Mosconi is such a goddamn monster.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Sonel posted:

It looks like trading cards are active now, just got the elephant.

I just picked up the Bain card. Put it up in the market place for $5 hoping someone is stupid enough to pay for it :v:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Don't worry, the stealthies still need gunners for when they mess up on a pro job and they're all just wearing two pieces :clint:

I say this as a two-shotgun iron man.

I hope you're counting each barrel of your Mosconi. :v:

I think this is actually the role I'm looking to fill in the future. I'm going straight up Enforcer/Mastermind and once I get Dominator I'll actually fill a role during stealth heists as well instead of just serving as a one man cleanup crew.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Why are the Steam download speeds for this game so absurdly slow? I can understand release day being a bit of a cluster gently caress but I feel like there has to be something wrong if I've been stuck at 6% for 15 minutes on a Saturday morning.

Also I finally respecced and went 20 points into Technician purely for the increased Headshot damage. We'll see how this fucker does...if I can ever download it :negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

I swear half the laser sights are completely misaligned. The Deagle's laser sight doesn't help at all.

Be glad you've gotten a laser sight to drop. I was in beta for 3 resets and I've never seen a single laser :sigh:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Don Mega posted:

How are people sniping with the Mosconi? I am having difficulty hitting enemies even mid-range with it and just pull out my secondary. I may just switch to a rifle.

I'm not usually one to point out the obvious but, uh, try aiming with it. The thing is insanely accurate.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bolow posted:

The Renfield is fantastic, and better than the Mosconi when you have to kill a whole lot of people quickly.

I would argue the Renfield is never straight up better than the Mosconi, at any difficulty, simply because of it's range. But when you're regularly doing multiple day Overkill heists and routinely running into rooms full of heavy enemies the Mosconi will out perform the Renfield every time. Two shots is always two kills as long as your aim is on point and I've killed four heavy FBI officers with a single shell on more than one occasion. It cannot be overstated how good the Mosconi shotgun is.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Is the M308 a decent weapon? I'm thinking of switching to it from the CAR-4 and getting the single shot perk from the technician tree.

The CAR4 is the definition of mediocre. It's not going to do anything really well, especially at higher difficulties, but it doesn't do anything really wrong either. It has middling damage and very low recoil while boasting a healthy ammunition count. The M308, on the other hand, is a fantastic weapon with great range, fire rate, a relatively quick reload and it's one of the best weapons to have when you're activating Bullet Storm. I would highly suggest you gradually move away from the CAR4 if you're looking to do tougher heists. I'm sure a few of your are like "I use the CAR4 all the time on Overkill!" well, let's be honest, you'd be a lot more useful if you were using an AMR-16, 7.62, M308 or Mosconi.

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'm looking forward to the Doom gun, but I haven't unlocked it yet and this makes no sense to me. Does it fire slugs or something, or is it just that overpowered?

The Mosconi is absolutely not overpowered, but, no it doesn't fire slugs. Just a really tight cone of fire. Even with the shotgun reload speed skill you're still looking at a full second of downtime between reloads which means if you miss a shot or reload at the wrong time and you're not immediately able to take cover: you're going down.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 18, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Honestly, Shields are the most dangerous Specials at the moment on a normal map. A pair of Bulldozers can cause an instant wipe if they catch you in the wrong way, yes, but they can be easily taken down just by focused fire.

Shields, on the other hand, are very plentiful and can just pick away at you like nothing, especially the heavy versions of them with the SMGs. They require you to flank around them, which can be difficult when you're getting swarmed by police. In other cases they are easy to kill, yes, but we seem to have more downs to Shields than to Bulldozers (although when Bulldozers start downing things usually go completely to hell).

Tasers are just laughable.

This is funny because as an Enforcer with Man of Iron aced I can beat down shields into submission, pop Bullet Storm to absolutely decimate bulldozers on my own but if a taser catches me I'm probably boned because my Mosconi fires both of it's shots almost immediately upon getting tased :v:

Daaz posted:

Nobody knows how to play this drat game. I seriously need to get on some sort of steam group or something. Playing with pubbies makes me want to die.

Whenever I enter a new lobby of pubbies I always immediately say something on my mic. If I don't get a response over voice chat or via text I back out because no on is paying attention and they're probably not going to star once the heist begins.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 19, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cooking meth is hard work :v:

Insert name here posted:

How's the shield punch skill? It seems really niche for 8 points but there are times where I see shields in like a doorway and I really wish I could just get them out without waiting for them to move.

Fantastic. It's absolutely crucial if you're doing anything on your own or holding tight chokepoints like in a vault or a tight hallway. It's invaluable in heists like Rats day 1, as evidenced above.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vatek posted:

Yeah, pretty much. 4 seems to be the max for evidence room and the deposit boxes tend to spit out 2-4 if you get them all open as well.

The first time I played Firestarter there were 4 guns and 2 bags of gold in the evidence room. It was at base difficulty :negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vargs posted:

It's only 25% extra reserve ammo. Not exactly a gamechanger. Don't spec into enforcer solely for that.

I agree you shouldn't go Enforcer just for Fully Loaded but it's quite underrated.

Let's take the M308. You go from a capacity of 40 rounds to 50. If you're midway through the Tech tree that's a good 10 more kills you're given. Let's say your M308 is on empty and you refill with an ammo bag: you're still taking 100% (out of a total 400%) from the ammo bag but you're getting 10 more rounds per fill up. Avid saw user? You now get roughly two and a half saw blades each time you restock on ammo. It's a really good skill that applies to primaries and secondaries alike and affords a lot of flexibility toward your weapon of choice.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Played a Mallcrasher Overkill this morning with three other level 50's. It was like they'd literally never played the game before. Two of them went down 3x over the course of a minute or two and went into custody and the third foolishly ran to extraction even though it was completely surrounded by shields and SWAT. They're pretty easy to identify but holy poo poo if it isn't perplexing.

Broose posted:

People should be yelled at for wasting ammo bags on secondary weapons if they are not carrying a loco. Want an ammo bag to last longer? Refill when your primary runs out, not when after your secondary does also. (Does not apply to shotgun enforcers).

Had some doofus using his silenced crosskill in an overkill big oil. Those bags disappeared so quick I could barely get a 308 refill in.

Yup, I was with you in this lobby and the only refill I ever took that day was from the full ammo bag the same pubby foolishly put in the basement. I do wish some mechanics, like ammunition refills, were a little more obvious with how they work. I would wager that a lot of people think that ammo bags only get 4 uses total so do their best to fire every single round they've got.

Gunder posted:

I can't seem to see any games on crime net at the moment. Anyone else not seeing multiplayer lobbys?

They've been applying updates quite frequently, try restarting and seeing if Steam has updated anything.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 19, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Yeah it's a great skill and that 25% goes a long way if you're not terrible at conserving ammo. Acing the skill is hilarious too; if you're using a higher ammo cap weapon like the G36, AUG, or M4 you can run over like three ammo packs and get like 40 rounds.

Does anyone know if Fully Loaded Ace nets you two shells per pickup if you're using the Mosconi? Because that is a goddamn perpetual ammunition machine right there. :getin:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rarely will you have time to plug 4 shots into an FBI heavy on overkill. Probably :spergin: as gently caress but non-Overkill difficulties don't really matter: everything is effective.

Just because a weapon has potential to be incredibly damage-per-shot efficient doesn't mean that it's the best gun. The Mosconi, and to a lesser extent shotguns as a whole, 308, 7.62 and AMR-16 are so highly regarded because they have fantastic burst damage potential. Sometimes all you have time for is a single shot and then you're either dashing for cover or forced to change targets. Not to mention that it's a hell of a lot easier to plug a guy strafing at a constant speed in a single direction once than it is to hit him four times while he's writhing in the dirt.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ I'm pretty sure the offender is the rails attachment. I first noticed things were misaligned when I threw that on.

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

Trip report on Lucky Charm from the top of the Ghost tree:

:banjo:

Do you have it aced?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Moochewmoo posted:

So I think I've arrived on what might be the best possible build for me. It combines having awesome shotgun stuff, Joker, Stealth, and the saw (Because I want it) into one build. I'm not sure where to improve it honestly.

http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/targetbuild/

And don't you dare say get rid of saw points. I'll make it work drat it.

Drop the Joker ace and ace Iron Man. That mother fucker is a game changer.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vatek posted:

Heh. For the record, it doubles your shotgun/saw damage for 6 seconds after you score a kill with a shotgun/saw and there is no internal cooldown so when you're actively killing cops it will be up basically all the time.

I've said this before but it's probably the best 4-point skill in the entire game.

Yup. When it's active a Locomotive out of the box one shots heavy FBI units.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The saw does not work with Bullet Storm. Just a quick disclaimer in case anyone was planning on plunking down a good bit of cash to try it out.

It would be absolutely obscene if it did, though, I still think I prefer my Mosconi "I just killed everything in a two block radius including those three bulldozers" Bullet Storms :getin:

Pleads posted:

I can't bring myself to spend the $600,000 on the Mosconi. I'm using the Reinbeck right now (with the green tacticlol laser and a surgeon scope) and haven't really found it lacking for group punch power, whereas I think I'd really hate to lose the capacity on it.

Do you have the increased shotgun reload skill? If you just said yes buy the loving Mosconi. I had reservations, like you did, and then I bought the thing. There's a reason you see people chiming in each page or two talking about how amazing it is. Hell, it's even a phenomenal weapon for everyone else to use as well. I particularly like it as a backup in case my stealth run goes to poo poo. You just don't have quite the unadulterated killing power.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 20, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jut posted:

Bored now. Need more missions...

Join up some default level difficulty missions and see if you can run through low levels from start to finish. It's surprisingly difficult and way more fun than it is frustrating. Most of the really new players have enough sense to follow around the dude in huge armor that's droppin' tangos left and right.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

I like low visibility because thematically it makes sense for ghost. But also because I'm almost certain that it compliments the Chameleon skill.

I'm guessing here, but how I *think* it works is if your whole crew is sitting in front of a bulldozer he has an equal chance of going to town on either of you assuming you all have the same tier of visibility. If however your Enforcer is wearing his full iron man skill armor, and wielding a Saw, while the other 3 are wearing the concealed armor, there is a much higher chance for the bulldozer/shield to target the enforcer, leaving the other 3 free to either go to town on the bulldozer/shield. or target other threats. If someone is at Low visibility then his chance of being shot at is even lower. If this person is a ghost, with chameleon and at low-visibility, unless he is literally the only valid target that can be seen, most specials will straight up ignore him.

I've informally tested this while playing with others, and with shields it's the most obvious because they face the direction of the highest threat, and I've been able to easily flank them and take care of them while they shoot at our enforcer. I also like being able to sprint.

This makes sense. I'm an Iron Man/Saw/Overkill Enforcer and any time I poke my head out of cover I immediately draw the attention of special units even if I'm completely apart from my team.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Chuckle posted:

More solo framing frames runs, this time doing pro if anyone wants to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/chuckledow

:psyduck: How many frames a second are you running at? Even through twitch it looks insanely smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Hotbod Handsomeface posted:

I just got the shotgun silencer. :swoon:

Oddly enough it's actually one of the more effective silencers because it's still useful when everything goes to poo poo.

• Locked thread