Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

rafikki posted:

Can someone put a goddamn trigger warning in the thread title until all of this is sorted. I honestly think I might be having a panic attack.

I've put the change request in for board approval during next week's meeting.

Next week's meeting is cancelled due to holidays by the way. The soonest meeting after that is February 29th 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

mewse posted:

Can we make it so nobody can delete folders to prevent this from happening again?

My entire team except for Abby, James and Sheila absolutely needs to be able to delete any folder in \2017. Abby should be able to delete things in \2017\2018\drafts and below except for any .docx files in \2017\2018\drafts\final\external. James and Sheila should both be able to delete anything in \2017\2018 and \2017\2019 but not \2017\2018\drafts\financial and also Sheila should not be able to create new files in \2017\2018\final\drafts\fy17. Please reply when this has been implemented.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Weatherman posted:

Weatherman posted:

Yeah this thread is so much bullshit. That Renegret thinks they're the hottest thing since Snoopy. I heard they eat their own poop lol

Weatherman attempted to recall this message on Friday, 29 December, at 8:36 JST

Hey guys I just learned that Weatherman was terminated last week, and of course his supervisor didn't put in a ticket. I've reached out to HR to confirm; helpdesk, can you please disable his user accounts ASAP?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Sirotan posted:

Hey guys I just learned that Weatherman was terminated last week, and of course his supervisor didn't put in a ticket. I've reached out to HR to confirm; helpdesk, can you please disable his user accounts ASAP?

Sorry, I can't disable accounts without HR confirmation first. All of HR is on vacation until January 2nd.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Just got back from vacation. Can someone send me the Confluence page and ticket notes for the new thread by COB? Thanks

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
“For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Data Graham posted:

I laughed so hard and uncontrollably that I dropped to the floor and rolled around.

I have laughed so hard my rear end dislocated. I think I'm bleeding to death.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Virigoth posted:

Just got back from vacation. Can someone send me the Confluence page and ticket notes for the new thread by COB? Thanks

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
“For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Will call soon with details

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Don't forget Digg!

What about Fark? I heard all those hipster Millenials hang out there?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
If you didn't have http://conferencecall.biz on in the background while reading the last few pages then you're doing it wrong.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I really appreciate all the work everyone has done on this in my absence, but I'm being told we don't have the budget for a new thread this year.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

chin up everything sucks posted:

Sorry, I can't disable accounts without HR confirmation first. All of HR is on vacation until January 2nd.
Wait, I talked to legal and we can’t disable user accounts because that looks like discrimination and they’re worried about getting into trouble with the EEOC. Instead we need to change their password and tell HR, their manager, and their emergency contact what it is. I’ve started G:\excel_files_2017\administrative\passwords\terminated employees password sheets\2017-terminated-employee-passwords.xls

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
gas this thread

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I think this has probably run its course.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Iron Rose posted:

I think this has probably run its course.

Who gives a poo poo what state its in just ship it we've got a deadline J

Grassy Knowles
My old extension number
Garssyknowles@corp.local

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

Grassy Knowles
My old extension number
Garssyknowles@corp.local

We need 2 more days. App Dev made a change after gold code, and no one ran the hotfix past qa. Linda is going to try to schedule a Change Advisory Board meeting for tomorrow morning after the touchstone. I'll be calling in from out east, can someone confirm the conference bridge for me?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I know we're in holiday freeze and almost everyone is on vacation but we'd really like to move forward with the new thread project. Do you think we could schedule deployment to production this week? How about Sunday?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Antioch posted:

We need 2 more days. App Dev made a change after gold code, and no one ran the hotfix past qa. Linda is going to try to schedule a Change Advisory Board meeting for tomorrow morning after the touchstone. I'll be calling in from out east, can someone confirm the conference bridge for me?

I told you there wouldn't be a problem IF you set up a proper version management system AND you didn't use a Buffalo NAS to host it.

But would you listen to me?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Collateral Damage posted:

I know we're in holiday freeze and almost everyone is on vacation but we'd really like to move forward with the new thread project. Do you think we could schedule deployment to production this week? How about Sunday?

I'm laughing a lot at this one as I've been off for the last two weeks and come in today to find that, despite next Monday being a public holiday, someone has sent out emails with a bunch of deadlines for my direct reports for Tuesday. As you can imagine, a lot of people have taken Tuesday off as well to give themselves a four day weekend, so I guess this guy is going to be disappointed.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Grassy Knowles posted:

Grassy Knowles
My old extension number
Garssyknowles@corp.local

Please do the needful

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

And revert back.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Help! I'm getting these spam phone calls on my cell.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

(Local time is 16:50) The light went out and now the internet is down and I can't sent my reports. Please fix immediately this is BUSINESS CRITICAL!!!

Oh and I cleaned up my desk to get a fresh start next year and used some scissors to get rid of those strings you guys left coming from my hard drive desktop. I can't believe you never cleaned those up after putting this here.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we should adopt DevOps for the new thread

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

MJP posted:

Maybe we should adopt DevOps for the new thread

Two week sprints, daily standup at 0900 PST.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hello,

The IT Security department has located a malicious file on your computer:
C:/Users/Dave/AppData/LocalLow/MobaXTerm/bin/sudoku.exe

Please delete this file as soon as possible, as it may critically impact the network environment. If you are unable to delete this file, please contact the IT department at: <weatherman's extension> to have them assist.

Thank you,
IT Security

This is an automated message please do not respond.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Two week sprints, daily standup at 0900 PST.

Yes the app has been in production for months, and all dev tasks are unplanned/SLA-driven and require quick turnaround, but we need to adhere to agile and vote on the complexity/importance of every issue on the roadmap and lock the work for the sprint on Monday morning

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

He's going to be 80 soon and he spends a few hours each night shooting people online. I've failed to convert him over to a newer game.

Have you tried Nekopara on him yet?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Have you tried Nekopara on him yet?

:yikes:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
CEO wants to know where the new thread is and why it's late. He was under the impression it was supposed to be completed two days ago.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

CEO wants to know where the new thread is and why it's late. He was under the impression it was supposed to be completed two days ago.

Tell the CEO we're having supply problems with the vendor.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The CEO says he can just drive down to the corner and buy a thread from there, why is there a lead time on this?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
He says he saw the invite for the kickoff meeting yesterday and wants to know what we were 'kicking off' if it wasn't the launch of the new thread

This is why nobody likes IT, we've been caught up in endless meetings and have nothing to deliver!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Hey, I know you’re all busy, but I need accounts for new posters. Like, 20. They started Monday, and the boss is pissed they’re not set up yet. I told him you guys were stonewalling me, so thanks for taking the heat on that. Also can you reset my password?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Hey, I know you’re all busy, but I need accounts for new posters. Like, 20. They started Monday, and the boss is pissed they’re not set up yet. I told him you guys were stonewalling me, so thanks for taking the heat on that. Also can you reset my password?

Lol as if people apologize to IT.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
Sometimes government contracting sucks monkey balls, especially when the Program and Project Managers get bored. And then there's days like yesterday and today that remind me why I still do it. Water main broke in the building. First floor is flooded. Building supervisor tells everyone to not bother coming in as the building is closed while Civil Engineering fixes the leak and cleans up the mess. Check again today and building still closed. I get to stay home, and thanks to how the contract is written, I still get paid. 5 day vacation!!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daylen Drazzi posted:

Sometimes government contracting sucks monkey balls, especially when the Program and Project Managers get bored. And then there's days like yesterday and today that remind me why I still do it. Water main broke in the building. First floor is flooded. Building supervisor tells everyone to not bother coming in as the building is closed while Civil Engineering fixes the leak and cleans up the mess. Check again today and building still closed. I get to stay home, and thanks to how the contract is written, I still get paid. 5 day paid vacation!!

FTFY. Congrats!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hey guys, just hearing about this new thread project. I should have been notified earlier, will this affect my systems in any way? My systems are very important and I'm sure you all know what they are. Please let me know ASAP.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Knormal posted:

Hey guys, just hearing about this new thread project. I should have been notified earlier, will this affect my systems in any way? My systems are very important and I'm sure you all know what they are. Please let me know ASAP.

Don't worry, your projects won't be affected at all unless that other manager guys hears about this and asks us to include his stuff in the initial rollout. But that shouldn't happen.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We've moved all our threads to a microservices architecture, right? So we can start new threads anytime we want to? Unless they have interdependencies we don't tell each other about I guess, but I mean I trust my guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I mean, we have the core thread architecture now right? Let's just launch it and we can bolt on an OP later when it's ready.

• Locked thread