Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

14 goals. They will be scored by his left foot, right foot and head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
He'll score 16.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Jozy will score 6 goals, 3 of them will be with his head.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Jozy will score 15 goals.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Nine goals for Jozy!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
12 goals this season for the handsome Mr. Altidore.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Jozy loves to score. He will score seven (7) goals in Barclays Premier League this upcoming season.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

Jozy will score 8 goals

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
12 GOALS. 12.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
*winds down window* He's gonna score 4 goals. Lock it in. He's a marvellous player. Would love to have 'im at our club.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
14 is a good number. Let's go with that one.

Half of them will go in the upper 90 of the goal.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
27. obv

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pissflaps posted:

It might also be a cool place to launch increasingly viscous personal attacks against him.

You're quite right about this one.

14 goals for my man Jozy.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

pizzaman5000 posted:

*winds down window* He's gonna score 4 goals. Lock it in. He's a marvellous player. Would love to have 'im at our club.

this

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
He will score 14 league goals in the Barclay's Premier League

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
13 Jozy-goals!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nine goals for Mr. Altidore, please!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Four (4) goals

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I believe in Jesus Altiscore to net eight (8) goals in the British Barclays Premiere League Championship sponsored by Barclays

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Babby Thatcher posted:

Iggy Pop Barker's Soccer Sabermetric Shack

Hi it's me, Iggy Pop Barker. I know some of you are having some trouble coming up with some realistic ballpark figures as to how well Jozy will do in the world's top club competition - The Barclay's. Well, you might be surprised to learn that he has already participated in it in the recent past, for Hull City (no relation to the new expansion franchise the Hull City Tigers). I thought I'd give back to the Yohan Kebab community by offering some analysis

Jozy Altidore appeared in 28 out of Hull City's 38 Barclay's games during the 2009-10 season, of which well over half (16) saw him in the starting lineup, always as a centre-forward. He rewarded star manager Phil Brown's faith in him with ONE goal in the Barclay's, which averages out to ONE goal every TWENTY EIGHT games.

This might not seem like much to write home about, but of course soccer is a team sport, and many forwards offer far more than simply their goal tally - Emile Heskey to name just a few. So how did Hull City perform during 2009-10? They finished 19th in the Barclay's with 30 points, just one ahead (on sporting merit) of Portsmouth - a literal front organisation for an Angolan arms dealer. The previous year they'd finished 17th with 35 points. We can therefore conclude that Jozy Altidore is worth an average of -5 points to Barclay's teams. Sunderland avoided relegation last season by 3 points, so fans of the famous blackshirts should hope that other new signings can counter the famed and scientifically proven 'Jozy Effect'.

But you may be thinking at this point - hang on, Hull City weren't a great team in general, and it's very hard for a mediocre striker to thrive with sparse service. this is true. But Hull City in 2009/10 had many mediocre strikers. Let's take a look at them:

Caleb FOLAN

Despite being born Irish, Caleb overcame adversity to force his way onto Barclay's Official Rosters - first with Wigan and then with Hull City. A series of fallings out with manager Phil Brown saw him play just 8 Barclay's games that season (7 starts) - yet he managed two goals. This ratio of 1 goal every 4 games makes him quantifiably SEVEN TIMES GREATER than Leadfoot NikeContract. Caleb went on to make appearences for Colorado, T-Team (of Malaysia) and most damningly of all, the ROIMNT.

Craig FAGAN

Craig Fagan is loving poo poo. He's a poo poo striker and a poo poo winger. I'd say he's found his level with League Two (look it up on wikipedia) Bradford City, but he's been consistently poo poo for them and they've loaned him out because he isn't worth his meagre wage. Despite this, he managed TWO goals in 25 matches for Hull that season. Nothing great, but this lower league nobody is OBJECTIVELY TWICE AS GOOD AS JOZY ALTIDORE

Jan VENNEGOOR of Hesselink

idk he sounds like a prince or something. there's no dutch exception on the tories gently caress off flowchart. Scored 3 goals in 31 games despite being as old as the ludicrous feudal system that spawned him and not even particularly good in the SPL, which is like your Canadian Football League but there's no real bears so some of the men in the dark blue jerseys have to pretend to be bears on facebook and type LOYAL in all caps like 'The man who works at the offy LOYAL' and it doesn't make sense because grizzly bears don't speak in any human language let alone say LOYAL or use facebook (irlZaphod is the exception that proves the rule). THREE TIMES AS GOOD AS JOZY

with all this in mind i'd like to make my own prediction. ZERO Barclay's goals. FOURTEEN appearances, NONE OF WHICH take place after FEBRUARY. ONE gagging order restricting the press from reporting the circumstances which saw both Jozy and Paolo Di Canio leave the club.

After reading this post I'm going to reduce what I would have guessed down to fourteen (14) goals for the new american hope, thanks for your insight ipb

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I predict Jozy will score 9 goals.

As tiebreaker, add that he'll get 3 yellow cards and be involved in 1 racial abuse incident(with fan or opposing player).

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MoPZiG posted:

I predict Jozy will score 9 goals.

As tiebreaker, add that he'll get 3 yellow cards and be involved in 1 racial abuse incident(with fan or opposing player).

Jozy is many things but I can't believe he's racist;

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pissflaps posted:

Jozy is many things but I can't believe he's racist;

He could be on the receiving end pissflaps

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Jozy will help the cause of fascists everywhere by scoring four goals.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
gently caress it. Twenty (20) goals.

John Nance Garner
Aug 16, 2012

Bring your bourbon and cigars to the "Bureau of Education".
Uhm, like 8 goals or something like that.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Josmer Altidore will fire Eighteen goalshots

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
13 goals for Jozy, but none of them against Stoke, out of respect.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

9 (NINE) goals for Jozy this season

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
11 goals for Jozy.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.

Seven goals for Jozy this season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jozy Altidore is twice the man he was at Hull City, and will score Two goals in the 2013/14 PL.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

It's 3. Maybe all in one game.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Noted American soccer hero Jozy Altidore will score 9 goals this season.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Jozy will score 3 goals in the league.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Knoddus posted:

Jozy will score 3 goals in the league.

I am sorry Knoddus but your entry was submitted four (4) minutes too late.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Would hate to be Knoddus right now.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Jozy will score 15 in league play.
5 in cup play. gently caress the haters.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Hallowed Turban posted:

Would hate to be Knoddus right now.

He'll never recover from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

He will score 24 and get that Gareth Bale :10bux::10bux::10bux:

• Locked thread