Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

True prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Oh god, this took way too long :shepface:

lol, rip

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Jozy Owns Zero Yoo-hoos

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Hi, I would like to purchase a Sunderland kit with the last name of American superstar footballer Josmer Volmy "Jozy" Altidore on the back, but it appears as if my favorite online retailer of football-related goods does not have this in stock, let alone any Sunderland kit whatsoever. Is this not unfavorable considering his status as one of the league's elite strikers?

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Incredible

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

did jozy score today

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

yesssss

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Jozy needs some Özil

Jözil

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I agree that Arsenal Football Club should be forced to use Jozy as their striker.

So you want Arsenal to win every match for the rest of the season? I'm glad you think so.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Jozy will score a Premier League goal tomorrow. In fact, he will score two Premier League goals.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

actionjackson posted:

Begovic row for more perspective

get out

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

The sooner the United States introduces stricter gun control laws the better. Send jozy back to the MLS.

He's going to get a fat contract from the new Miami club (which will fold within five years because no one in Florida gives a gently caress about sports).

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHA

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

:neckbeard:

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lol

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Monday Bandele posted:

1. as bad as Jozy's scoring record is, one small change (basically chance) would make a large difference in how those stats look. this is due to the exrtemely low numbers involved (chances and goals) for all of the strikers, but especially Jozy (he has the fewest chances too). I didn't say and wasn't trying to imply that the goal should be included. To me it indicates that comparisons drawn from those stats should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. The passing stats, especially chances created, are relatively good and the numbers are large enough so that one extra chance doesn't skew the results so much.

3. The only real way to analyze his performance is holistically.
The starting point should be:
a. Jozy has not scored as much as he should and his strike rate per game is lower than the other players (one goal per 16 games, compared to one goal per 4 games). Why is that? answers: doesn't get service, has not taken as many shots as he could have taken, has missed opportunities that he should have put in the net....
b. Jozy, inspite of his poor goal scoring record, is still the number one striker (at least for now). Why is that?....

Finally I do want to say that the stats mainly emphasize the weakness of Sunderland as a team. If Sunderland was better, than everyone would have enough chances to come to a better conclusion based upon the stats.

lol

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Jozy will score two (2) goals tonight and the pig shall finally fly.

Assuming that he even starts.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Maradonna Summer posted:

jozy volmy altidore is an anagram of i, lazy voldemort

:eyepop:

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

WE DID IT

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Woodenlung posted:

Fat oval office

It's beautiful

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

emjayo posted:

2.0 with catching

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

where is the p'zone

in jozy's stomach

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

The Story of Little Black Jozy

Jozy won't stand for this

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I believe in Jozy's improvement and that he will score three (3) goals in the Barclays Premier League next season. The goals will all come against Chelsea.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Puseklepp posted:

Word is he's struggling finding anyone that can pass.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I heard that Jozy scored not one but TWO (2) goals???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Jozy will net two (2) goals today and pigs will fly

• Locked thread