Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

9 goalshots, of which 8 end up in the other team's net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Have any Americans scored yet? I know Guzan's still at zero. Shameful.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Interesting Jozy-facts: According to Wikipedia, Jozy Altidore is second cousin to Wayne Brady of Whose Line Is It Anyway fame.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

cadfael posted:

Its his hamstring apparently, might be out for a few weeks.
Did he injure himself while falling over? Or while not-scoring goals?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

When Di Canio is replaced Altidore wont even get on the bench.
Altidore will replace Di Canio and will finally shine when he doesn't have to kick the ball himself.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

R. Mute posted:

Altidore will replace Di Canio and will finally shine when he doesn't have to kick the ball himself.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'm really hoping he'll get that own goal though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Someone tweet jozy a picture of a goal with a bunch of red arrows pointing to it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Benteke has destroyed defenders. The only way Jozy could harm any defender is if they trip over a steaming pile of Jozy when he inevitably falls over again.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

T. Finninho posted:

This thread really needs a Jozy goal because I kind of hate it
I think you should start banning one Jozy fan for every match he doesn't score. Would add some excitement, tbh.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

If we get a full line, can we turn the chart in for a prize or something?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I love the goals where any decent defender or keeper would've stopped them. All of them. They were all great.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Both Bendtner and Jozy score. Football is dead and lol chelsea

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I tried to find a list of goal scorers in the Premier League that included Jozy, but even the most inclusive one cut off at two goals.

Jozy only has one (1) goal.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Shrapnac posted:

It's closer to "van go" than the way the English pronounce it "van guff."
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Nl-Vincent_van_Gogh.ogg

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

Is an MLS assist like an assist, but not at all an assist?
Yes

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Jozy Altidore Thread: some sort of irrational cesspool of gormlessness

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm just saying that this performance is probably worse than he actually is.
Mayhaps he needs better service, eh? *wiggles eyebrows*

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

Why isn't Jozy in the squad for the Jozybowl?
Jozy actually isn't allowed within 500 feet of football anymore after inappropriately touching its balls.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

I wonder what mental gymnastics they'll pull when the US get buttfucked?
'We just had a bad group. Germany and Portugal have the best teams in the world. The USMNT has improved a lot over the years and I saw a lot of promise in our game (we made them fight for those points!), but we're not quite on that level yet. If we were in group [whatever], we'd have gone through for sure. The trend is clear, though. I doubt even the Germans could stop us in 2018.'

book it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jaltidore

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

It seems that you've been living two lives. In one life, you're Jozy "many tools" Altidore, soccer player for the USMNT. You have acclaim, boss around island nations, and you... actually score goals. The other life is lived in an actual real league, where you go by the football alias "garbageman" and are guilty of virtually every football crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jeezy Alti-tude.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

America is the land of personal responsibility after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

mynameisjohn posted:

wow christian benteke is fully sick. jozy sucks
Let's do a side-by-side comparison:

• Locked thread