Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Think he'll score 8 goals. 6 in play and 2 goals will be awarded to him via the Dubious Goal Committee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Drowsy Neverscore is real bad. Even Bendtner managed to score 8 goals.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Holy gently caress he's unironically worse than I thought. Almost every pass is misplaced, very poor first touch and he doesn't look very agile. He had one good shot but he still needed 3 touches to make the turn.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hallowed Turban posted:

He's poo poo I'd like to withdraw my entry from your competition from sheer disgust.

Harsh, but ultimately fair.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I'm so ashamed I thought he would score 8 goals...

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

2011/2012
Graziano Pellè scored 1 goal for Parma in Serie A in 11 matches and then got loaned out to Sampdoria who plays in Serie B. There he managed 4 goals in (including play-offs) 16 matches. A total of 5 goals in 27 matches.

2012/2013
Summer window arrives and Pellé gets sold to Feyenoord. Here he manages to score 27 goals in 29 matches. Eredivisie goals count for nothing.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

NNick posted:

Reminder: Jozy Altidore is superior to any English striker.

Hm, but the absolute shite that is Welbeck has already scored two goals in the league? That's more than an infinite amounts of goals more than Jozy has. loving Frazier Campbell has scored 2 goals.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

Do you also have these stats for Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez,or maybe Arjen Robben?

Yes. RvP scored 15 goals in 61 matches, Robben 24 goals in 78 matches and Suarez is a racist mental case. Notice how they didn't score a million goals proving that the best strikers don't score a million goals in Eresdivisie.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

belgend posted:

No but I can give you them for Bjorn Vleminckx

Mads Junker scored 21 goals in a season for Roda and I don't think he's doing that well for KV Mechelen

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

I don't have them for Bjorn but what about MARCO VAN BASTEN??

Eredivisie were a better league back then.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

Yes but according to your logic the less goals you score the better striker you are so i'm not quite convinced there

21 goals in 30 matches seems like a lot of goals? But belge got the point. You can't judge strikers in Holland on the amount of goals they score, rather on their technique, dribbling ability, work rate and so forth. And even then there's still some doubt if a player can cut it in a proper league.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

vaginal culture posted:

Freddy Adu was probably like 25 when he was banging JoJo

Freddy Adu stopped growing when he was 13.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

No wonder he got a hamstring injury the fat gently caress. Soon his knees will give up.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Botswana! posted:

Jozy will come good and score thirteen goals. The lad is just jet lagged.

no he's fat and really bad

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Jebus, can we get a confirmation that you predict 9 (nine) goals? Surely it's a typo.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hit Man posted:

He will score 24 and get that Gareth Bale :10bux::10bux::10bux:

Seems like a poor prediction this.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Monday Bandele posted:

For an alternative viewpoint on young Josmer, I recommend checking out the threads on a certain US-based "big" "soccer" forum

God drat, they have a 5 page long match day thread just living posting about Jozy. Nothing really funny, just stupid poo poo like

quote:

Btw, Jozy doing work up top has created a lot of room for his teammates. Exactly what you want from target striker. Keep defenders occupied.

quote:

He really looks like a player for long stretches, but for a number of reasons, he can't get on the board.

quote:

Jozy is good enough to start for a dozen Prem sides. Why did it have to be Sunderland.

I'm still amazed they have GDT dedicated to various US players abroad.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Altidore has played 1922 minutes in Premier League and scored 1 goal

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Your Weird Uncle posted:

why dont you change your loving av if youre so desperate to fit in you idiot

You seem angry, bitter, mad. Just realize that Jozy is poo poo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Machinegunboyo posted:

I think the jozy av is cool because it's like he's channeling jozy himself, and that jozy is in on the joke, and that way I feel less bad about calling him the steaming pile of poo poo he is.

It's impressive he found a Jozy picture that wasn't too big to upload

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

This thread is pathetic, how can people who devote so much time to a sport, struggle so badly with analysing a match "hur dur he hasnt scored a garl yit so therefore he iz fkn shite"

A striker is measured by the amount of goals they score, not on some loving silly stat like aerial duels won.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

loving hell, great puppet mastering from pointsofdata

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

80085 posted:

You need to relax a bit maybe this lovely goal will calm you down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hp2E6DdIvk

No one cares about friendlies

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

Oh get off it. It was the confed cup semis against casillas, pique, puyol, david villa, xavi, torres, fabregas, capdevila, xabi alonso, ramos, reira. Cazorla and Mata were subs. Not exactly a poo poo squad there.

Confederations Cup counts as friendlies

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Your Weird Uncle posted:

my posts...on the internet...

so where do you think usmnt superstar and notable az alkmaar forward aron johansson is gonna play next year

He was pure shite when he played for AGF and then he suddenly had 6 months where he scored a decent amount of goals.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

80085 posted:

Can you be fat and a good striker? Fat Ronaldo wasn't good when he got fat I always thought.

I'm triggering so hard right now. Using Ronaldo as a strawman in a Jozy discussion, what the hell

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

scoring against Jamaica, git tae gently caress

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

quote:

Sunderland plays like a bunch of neanderthals which goes hand in hand with the way English fans think the game should be played. Hopefully their new boss can actually get them to play a game of soccer not using tactics from the 1950's in which case Jozy will show his worth.

quote:

He needs to be like Dennis Rodman..Rodman would always box out and try to get himself in between the hoop and the defender, so when the rebound comes down, he has a better chance of getting it since he's already in front of the defenders......Jozy never tries to get in front of defenders when the ball is whipped or crossed low.

quote:

People having a go at Jozy right now are clowns... their are probably 5-10 MLS teams with better midfields than S'land. That's not a knock against the MLS either it's just ridiculously hard to score in the EPL and the players who do without a stud midfield are guys like Drogba, RVP, Suarez... and those guys are on another level of which Jozy isn't at... yet (hopefully it comes).

All true and cool stuff

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Shrapnac posted:

MLS teams having a better midfield than Sunderland is probably true though.

You say that But if you actually watch what S'land has been doing - Jozy is getting the ball from his teammates, or at least they are trying to get it to him (The ManU goal was from a pass to Jozy who was crashing far post that was underhit, cut out by the CD and then rebounded to S'land on the goal box line.)

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Begovic row for more perspective

Don't you loving dare mess with the tbp Jozy chart

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Jozy just needs more time, and world class players around him, and to be playing for a different team, in a different league, and then he'll come good. you'll see

Just need to be a possession based team. Villarreal doesn't count.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bony has scored 4 goals so far, still a long way from his 31 in the Eredivisie.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Club: Tottenham Hotspur

lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

i hate jozy altidore

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the chart really helps visualize how poo poo he is, thanks tbp

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jozy is a joke.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Unlike Jozy we should keep our eyes on the ball and not care about defending in Holland.

Jozy is a sham.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The funny fifa guy (who is also black so it's not a racist motive) said that Heskey was bad in a jokey manner and I believe him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Adulterous Hitler posted:

They could probably even sell that gold with a small profit today.

Daniel Levy would be all over it

• Locked thread