Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Here's a soccer stat for you I just calculated: If Jozy indeed weighs 174 pounds then Sunderland could have bought his weight in gold over 4 times for the transfer fee they paid him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

bow chicka wow wow posted:

If he does okay in the World Cup it will definitely happen so cross your fingers for miracles I guess.

Wickham and Nacho Scocco in the fold now, not looking good for the Jozemeister. Connor Wickham's basically white Jozy, so if you enjoy watching a very large man fall down we've still got you covered.

To be fair Wickham just scored 8 in 12 in the Championship whilst Jozy struggled against Kidderminster.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Are you sure this is correct? I can not believe he scored a goal this season. The man's a joke.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Can someone post the miss?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I see the team letting Jozy down by getting a red card. Shameful.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

my son bort posted:

Where is the chart, the mainstream media say Jozy was goalless but I am understandably suspicious

That is very lovely and problematic by the mainstream media to report on it before the updated chart is out.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2014/2/10/5396662/altidore-sunderland-transfers-klinsmann-usmnt

quote:

USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann hopes that Jozy Altidore leaves Sunderland and joins a Champions League club this summer.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Klinsmann is loving clueless and has always been.

Wow, aren't you from the same country he is? Why aren't you blindly defending him no matter what he does?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Even though he didn't score today and only came off the bench, it looks like Connor Wickham is ready to take Jozy's place in the first eleven.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Scott Bakula posted:

Player values in fantasy football drops when players are poo poo right? How cheap is he now for anyone doing it?

He was £7 at the start of the season and has moved to £6.2 week by week.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I think it's safe enough to declare the people who guessed 1 goal the winners of this thread. It's highly unlikely that that mess of a footballer is going to score again this season. Thoughts?

jyrka fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 3, 2014

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

What makes him think he's going to make the bench?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Hahahahahahha Jozy is so poo poo I love it!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Jozy has a double-chin.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Some thoughts from Sunderland fans after Jozy's latest "performance":

If we persist with this clown through the middle for the rest of the season we are relegation certainties.

In my view after Sunderland for over 50 years he is the WORST EVER striker we have had but could well be the worst ever striker to get regularly game time since the Premier League was launched.

Every game I really hope he scores and proves us all wrong that he's not that bad.

I've never wanted a player to prove me wrong as much as Jozy.

There is no escaping it though, he really is shite, poor first touch, sort as clarts, reminds me of a Sunday league player chasing every ball and not only does he look like he'll never score but he rarely looks like he will even have a chance. This might sound daft but I feel sorry for the lad.

He's diabolical. Hopefully some mugs take him off us in the summer.

Not the worst, however he is utter gash and we'll be relegated if Poyet persists on playing the knacker. An utter waste of a player on the pitch.

It baffles me how people still rate Altidore. It is astonishing. He has failed at every good level he has played at, he scored for fun in in holland where everyone knows the standard is utter poo poo.

I would be happy if he just put himself about but he can't even do that.

Imagine lining up every game and looking at the centre for kick off and seeing Jozy over the ball.

We can win this goes to " gently caress we have Dozy up front we are hosed"

Playing with DOZY is like playing with ten men.

I call him DOZY because he is loving DOZY on the pitch , apart from his horrendous first touch, lack of pace, dribbling skills heading ability and strength, he does not even think like a footballer. He never makes intelligent runs, is often glaringly offside, and on the occasions when we are threatening the opponents box on a break, is miles behind the play where a striker should be.

two goals in almost 60 appearences.

almost one goal per season.

for a striker

the man paid to score goals.

whether you like it or not those stats are what get you relegated and what make you an absolute diabolical player

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Is Jozy ever expected to help the team as well or does the team exist to help Jozy only?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Spot the poo poo leagues:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Is JOZY even a Feminist?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Imagine if Jeremy Pond got an account and posted here...

Is that the Jozy PR guy? If so I bet he would buy an account and post in rage if he saw this thread. What I'm saying is, someone link him on twitter.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I mean, I 'get' why people are doing it but are some here seriously suggesting a black person of color is bad at football? loving racist scum.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

I love Jozy. I love the fact that it was Sunderland who bought him. Everything about it is perfect.

I wonder who has more jingoistic/mental supporters, USMNT fans or Japan National Team fans...the parallel between the two are freaky.

There are mental fans and literal stalkers of Korean footballer Ki Sung-Yueng on Sunderland message boards as well.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

A solid starter on a top EPL club

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

According to that scouting report article his future fee would be $10.5-11M.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I read bigsoccer for the first time ever, a lot of good stuff about today's game:

quote:

You guys wanna know how bad they are playing today? Through 30 minutes, Colback has 8 non-defensive touches. A central midfielder. Eight.

quote:

Sunderland's D is pretty meh but holy crap at that goal.

quote:

The color commentator tries meekly to blame it all on Altidore. Because he is frustrating the rest of the Sunderland players. Hilarious.

quote:

The announcer just said that Altidore's teammates should be mad at him for doing nothing. Hello Mr. Crooked Teeth, Altidore hasn't touched the ball once within ten yards of the box. What do you expect from him? Should he play all eleven positions on the field?

quote:

Commentator bemoaning Jozy. JA can't hold onto the ball or bring the midfield into the play. Have you seen the Sunderland midfield?

quote:

I don't know if there is a striker in the world that would make this team much better. Maybe a world class striker would help a little bit, but when you have that little quality around you, a world class CF isn't likely to make a difference. The team needs quality in almost every position. Its impossible for a CF to be the solution with this little talent on the field around him.

quote:

Actually, JozyBradley is basically saying what the BBC - Newcastle commentator said during the game. Gary Bennett seems to have developed true hatred of Altidore, and he's been campaigning for a while to get him benched and sold. Actually, what Benno says of him is a lot worse, now that I think about it.

If anyone wants to sample, tune in to BBC-Newscastle during the games, here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_newcastle

PS: Must admit at times they do come across as bigotedly anti-American.

Love the delusion. Love the Americanisms.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Any good thinkpieces on Jozy recently?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

To the tune of John Cage's 4'33":

Jozy's goalscoring record.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Did jozy seriously play for another 90 minutes and not score?

Jozy, a striker, today:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I get where Altidore is coming from when he plays. I see why he's frustrated and it isn't coming off for him. He's in a place where he's expected to just play in individual beast mode. "Shut your mouth and head in the ball no matter where we send it. Don't bother me with your checking and showing and combining."

But he is a player that wants to play pretty soccer and exchange the ball quickly. He gets confused and frustrated when that type of movement isn't recognized and reciprocated. He's not mentally built to play long ball or "me vs. the world." I get that. Some players are built to function within a team that plays soccer.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Everyone, go back in the thread and look how much we overrated Jozy. Even pissflaps, who in his own words "hates Jozy," predicted he'd score six goals. Six goals!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

jyrka posted:

Even pissflaps, who in his own words "hates Jozy," predicted he'd score six goals. Six goals!

With 5 more goals for Jozy, Sunderland would not be in the relegation zone. So in essence pissflaps predicted that Jozy would save Sunderland from relegation.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Strawman posted:

far post peels, near post crashes, runs down the gut alone, curled runs, angled runs

What in the world???

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play
service
hold up play

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

AZ manager Dick Advocaat has now also dropped Aron Jóhannsson from the first team.

Is he the one who chose to be an American? I'd like to "drop" him off the turtles that hold up the earth.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

It's Sunderland's fault for playing in a league that's too strong for Jozy!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Any good American forums posts after yesterday's match?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

MoPZiG posted:

Wasnt that a loan deal from Villareal? The investment in him this time was Alfonso Alves-esque...

gently caress off. Alves scored 10 goals in 42 premiership matches. Jozy has 2 in 53.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Call me crazy but I think Jozy could do a decent job in League Two.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

Neil Metcalfe ‏@Metcalficus 13m

Altidore has been just as bad. Small crowd but annoyed at his lack of effort. Has looked totally uninterested #SAFC

:lol:

Such a lazy, thick footballer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Just realised Jozy has scored as many goals for Sunderland as Mart Poom. :laugh:

• Locked thread