Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're not officially in a relationship, so it's not domestic abuse, just slapstick violence, I guess. :v:

Edit: Sonic and Amy, not the dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Yeah, that part actually makes it worse. Amy isn't even his girlfriend, she's his stalker who goes around saying she's his girlfriend without his consent. While beating him up.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yeah, that part actually makes it worse. Amy isn't even his girlfriend, she's his stalker who goes around saying she's his girlfriend without his consent. While beating him up.

It gets weirder. She was originally supposed to be eight years old when she first started chasing around Sonic in Sonic CD, who was fifteen. You know, in cartoon animal years. Apparently she magically became twelve in Sonic Adventure while Sonic stayed fifteen.

Thanks Sonic Wiki.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

idonotlikepeas posted:

See this is why the only time she's a good character these days is (surprisingly given that they gave every excuse to ditch her beforehand) the comic, where she's... well not a violent psychopathic stalker.

Instead she's a violent psychopathic hero, who just so happens to have a crush on Sonic.

I don't know why she's portrayed so terribly in everything else, scept the UK Comic which is no longer running.

Ramos posted:

It gets weirder. She was originally supposed to be eight years old when she first started chasing around Sonic in Sonic CD, who was fifteen. You know, in cartoon animal years. Apparently she magically became twelve in Sonic Adventure while Sonic stayed fifteen.

Thanks Sonic Wiki.

Actually he was 18, then 16, now he's 15. he magically de-aged. Twice.

Don't think too hard about Sonic 'ages' cause it will just give you a headache.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Ramos posted:

Weirder still is the way one of the comics wrote around this slight timeline gently caress-up. Amy just apparently finds some weird magical plot-fixing artifact thing and uses it to magically age herself upwards because I forget the reason why. Said magical age-up also apparently giving her a completely new wardrobe. You know, because character redesigns.

I feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to write under circumstances like that, because it never works out well.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Weirder still is the way one of the comics wrote around this slight timeline gently caress-up. Amy just apparently finds some weird magical plot-fixing artifact thing and uses it to magically age herself upwards because I forget the reason why. Said magical age-up also apparently giving her a completely new wardrobe. You know, because character redesigns.

I feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to write under circumstances like that, because it never works out well.

Well the people who had to write under that situation where Karl Bollers, an... okay? writer. He has some hits, lots of misses, very wordy. And Ken Penders. Who as we've covered is both a hack and insane. So if you feel sorry for them... don't! They probably deserved it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

See this is why the only time she's a good character these days is (surprisingly given that they gave every excuse to ditch her beforehand) the comic, where she's... well not a violent psychopathic stalker.

Instead she's a violent psychopathic hero, who just so happens to have a crush on Sonic.

If I can speak for the Sonic games in general for a moment, I'd have to say that a major complaint of mine is how the minor characters are really just so one-dimensional to the point that it becomes annoying. I mean, you have a cast full of characters with various backgrounds and such, but all they do is act out their ridiculous character traits and abandon their previous characterization to become Sonic's cheerleaders. That was a major problem I had with Generations' (short) story.

I'm hoping that this game attempts to do something about that.

Endorph posted:

Team Chaotix are the best one-dimensional minor characters, and I'll brook no argument to the contrary.

No argument there.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 24, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Team Chaotix are the best one-dimensional minor characters, and I'll brook no argument to the contrary.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The best them about them is their terribad theme which is so horrible it's amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9E66ywToGU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh wow this game. I remember seeing an article about this game in Nintendo Power and I thought to myself "wait Bioware? Bioware is making a Sonic game? And it's an RPG on the DS? Why?". To this day I still don't have a good answer. I mean, it's like combining a bunch of completely random things. I had no idea what the appeal was supposed to be. It got a mediocre review and was then never mentioned again, so I guess there wasn't much.

A Meatslab
Apr 15, 2010

The GIG posted:

The best them about them is their terribad theme which is so horrible it's amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9E66ywToGU

Yo, when I was little and had no taste this poo poo was the best. :colbert:

THEIR DIRECTIVE'S
TRACKING DOWN YOUR CRIME

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

A Meatslab posted:

Yo, when I was little and had no taste this poo poo was the best. :colbert:

THEIR DIRECTIVE'S
TRACKING DOWN YOUR CRIME

Clearly something's wrong with you if it's not still the best.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Bonus Update 3 - Bonus Content

Obviously, by now it's a well known fact that this game was hastily finished and rushed out the door. But what's not well known is what could have been. There's some information on the cartridge that Bioware/Sega never bothered to remove before shipping, so we can peruse through it and see cut content. For example, if you remember that whole cutscene with Eggman's helicarrier and our attack on it? There's a whole script for an alternate beginning cutscene that sounds similar to the one in-game, only way more elaborate. Here it is!

(By the way, any dialogue came with no hints as to who was speaking at any time. Sometimes you can tell it's obviously Sonic or Eggman or whatever, but I wasn't gonna go try to edit mugshots to this scene. Also apparently the original script spoiled the villains right off the bat, so I added a spoiler tag.)

quote:

[Open on a black screen. Fade in the following caption.]

CAPTION: "Suddenly, at the height of their arrogance, the Nocturnus Clan mysteriously vanished."
CAPTION: "The dark sky opened and swallowed them whole. Gone were their cities, their people, their entire existence."
[Fade the captions out.]

[Fade in to a very wide shot of the countryside near Metropolis, at nighttime, looking somewhat peaceful - the calm before the storm. We slowly pan right, in a long enough pan to show a caption.]

CAPTION: Some time ago...

[Keep panning as the caption fades. A second or two later, a fighter jet flies in front of the camera, holding long enough and close enough to show the letters "GUN" on its hull.]

[The plane then turns and swoops off. When the place flies away, we reveal a flaming Egg Carrier in the distance over the city. GUN airships and fighters are pelting the carrier with gunfire.]

CAPTION: Metropolis, headquarters of the evil Eggman

[Cut to inside the carrier. A big battle is going on between Eggman and Sonic-and-friends. Eggman has more or less lost already, but he won't go down without a fight.]

[As each character speaks, show a caption that tells us that character's name.]

- This is it, Eggman! Give up!
- Ha ha ha ha ha! You may have damaged my new Egg Carrier, Sonic, but you'll never defeat me!
- We'll see about that! Tails! How's it coming?
- Almost there, Sonic!
- We have to hold him off! Tails needs more time!
- We can do it!
- Then let's go!

[Fighting ensues! If possible, show each character doing a signature move.]

- Ha ha ha! Even together you can't beat me! This is my hour of victory!
- Not after we bring this Egg Carrier down!
- Tails! Now!
- Right!

[Cut to outside the carrier. Explosions rock the big ship, and the ship begins to sink toward Metropolis. Cut back inside the carrier, to Eggman.]

- What?! No!

[Explosions cover the screen. Back outside, explosions cover the ship as it falls. The GUN ships and fighters begin to leave the scene.]
[Back to Eggman.]

- Curse you, Sonic! You haven't won yet!!

[Just then, a huge block of metal falls, cutting Sonic off from Eggman and apparently killing Eggman. Cut to a wide shot of the team.]

- We have to get out of here!
- What about Eggman?
- There's no time! Let's go!

[The team runs for safety, starting with Amy, then Knuckles. Tails lingers for a split second, then runs, and Sonic stands alone watching the direction Eggman went. Then he turns and dashes away at high speed.]

[The ship falls into Metropolis and explodes. When the ship hits the city, smaller explosions begin to spread through the city.]

[At the last minute, our heroes escape, thanks to Tails' Tornado. Fade out.]

[Fade in on the team in Tails' Workshop.]

- We did it!
- You defeated Eggman, Sonic! There's no way he could escape that!
- Yay!

[Knuckles gives a stoic and silent nod to Sonic.]
[Sonic smiles and nods back, arms crossed, but he says nothing.]
[Fade out. Fade in on a rain forest-looking area.]

CAPTION: Present day, the other side of the world.

[Sonic is running at high speeds through some green, peaceful area. His wrist communicator beeps.]

- Tails calling Sonic! Come in, Sonic!

[Sonic abruptly stops running, and we go into interactive dialogue.]

That whole scene where Eggman appears to get smashed by falling rubble is kinda dark, huh? There's also a string of text where Sonic gets dropped off on "Tutorial Island" by some random-rear end boat captain.

quote:

[CUTSCENE: A boat pulls up to shore on Tutorial Island. As it lands, a door opens, and Sonic and the captain walk out onto the island.]
- This is as far as I can take you, Sonic.
- Good luck!
[The captain goes back on the boat. The door closes, and the boat sails away.]

This one's all sorts of weird because it's not surrounded by anything. Was "Tutorial Island" a placeholder name for Green Hill Zone during development? Was the player gonna get dropped off via boat after Tails called Sonic before they decided to have Sonic running instead? Was "Tutorial Island" going to take place before the Eggman scene? Questions abound. What is weird is that, as un-fleshed out as the idea is, the "Captain" there exists in the game. He's got a mugshot for talking scenes and he's even got a character model!

See, here's his picture,

that's totally unused anywhere else in the game, and here is his character model (hacked to replace the old woodcutter):

(Sorry the picture's so small, I didn't take it and so if I blew it up, it'd look like poo poo.)

Finally, here's some alternate maps for Green Hill Zone. This is the actual map that we're on:

Here's a version of GHZ from the beta version of the game:

And this is the one shown at E3

Presumably, these maps would scroll with the player, since at 256 x 256, they're larger than a DS screen.

Also, here's an enormous actual pretty picture of Green Hill Zone that Bioware put up on their site.

Extra Stuff

Last but not least, here's the :airquote:music:airquote: from all the fights in the game thus far.

There are only four tracks. They aren't contextual or anything, when they play is totally random. I actually don't mind #3. If it were higher quality and didn't have those wacky bonking sound effects of the battle playing over it, I'd probably really enjoy it.

Here are the mini-boss and boss tracks.

Sorry this update was so short! (Thought I had more stuff...) The next update should be an actual update where things happen and we'll finally get to see what the hell Tails wants.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

TwoPair posted:

Last but not least, here's the :airquote:music:airquote: from all the fights in the game thus far.

There are only four tracks. They aren't contextual or anything, when they play is totally random. I actually don't mind #3. If it were higher quality and didn't have those wacky bonking sound effects of the battle playing over it, I'd probably really enjoy it.
For all the bad things about this game, I actually think this is a pretty neat idea. In most RPGs, excluding boss fights, you are stuck with one battle theme for your regular fights for the length of the game. Occasionally you'll get a game that will have different battle music if you are in a different area or if you/the enemy gets an advantage but for the most part you are hearing the same music over and over for like 100 hours, so having multiple tracks for regular battles and then randomising them sounds like a good way to mix it up.
Assuming this is in a game with good music of course.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Recent JRPG Tales of Xillia has two separate protagonists, and there are 3 standard battle themes for each of them. I think it's based off how strong/numerous the enemy is.

Though on the other hand, it's the only JRPG I can think of where there's an Evil Team (Ala The Fiends of the Elements in FF4 as an example), and said Evil Team doesn't get their own boss theme.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 25, 2013

symptom
Oct 19, 2011
I'll admit too, I kinda like this game too, even though it really is unpolished in quite a number of areas. Will look forward to more of this game though since I never finished it.

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012
The World Ends With You also had a bunch of different tunes for generic encounters that it switched between, but then that game was all about the music.

Thanks for showing off this game. I loved the hell out of the first Super Mario RPG and really liked the timed commands in the later Mario RPG-style games, so this game caught my eye during development. Then it actually came out and every reaction I heard for it was negative so I never bothered to actually see how it turned out. I'll definitely be following along.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne had about five or so random battle themes, with the regular battle theme and the world map battle theme having variations during certain parts of the songs so it went differently each time (about eight each,) then special battle themes for in towns, the bonus dungeon, and one other dungeon that gets a different song for some reason.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
All three of the Mother games (even the NES one!) have several battle themes that play depending on the type of enemy you're fighting.

They had this figured out as early as 1989, I don't see how people are still making 80 hour RPGs with one battle theme for the entire game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not only that but the battle themes are all pretty unique, usually based around the enemies you are fighting. A lot of the music from Earthbound is still really clear in my head. Along with all the changing backgrounds, the fights actually have a lot of personality despite essentially being just you hitting a static picture.

So a SNES game had more memorable fights than most RPG games I've played. That's pretty dumb now that I think about it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 25, 2013

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Completely hidden offense stats and elemental interactions. So it's never really clear whether you just suck or you're using a sucky element.

That's... that's a thing, Bioware.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Onmi posted:

I don't know why she's portrayed so terribly in everything else, scept the UK Comic which is no longer running.

The comics do pretty well by all the characters, mostly because they actually treat them as individuals with their own goals rather than a collection of Sonic's hangers-on, even if it does tend to dip into soap-opera territory at times. Of course, this is all western stuff. The tired or bland portrayals are usually for the Japanese fans that, from what I've heard, do not like the "attitude" that Sonic was given in the west.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Glazius posted:

Completely hidden offense stats and elemental interactions. So it's never really clear whether you just suck or you're using a sucky element.

That's... that's a thing, Bioware.

I should point out that the offensive and defensive stats are not, in fact, completely hidden. See, for example, Sonic's bio:

quote:

In combat, Sonic has low damage power and low armor, but he gets three attacks
per round thanks to his amazing quickness. With his speed, Sonic almost
always goes first and can damage enemies before they get a chance to react!

Compare to Amy's:

quote:

In combat, Amy Rose has the second highest damage power in the game, and
medium armor. She is quick enough to attack twice per round, and her special
abilities are valuable for weakening enemies and strengthening her teammates.

Sooo... they aren't hidden, but they aren't really told to you in any sort of useful way either. Your guess is as good as mine on how strong "low damage" is compared to "second highest damage".

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Geostomp posted:

The comics do pretty well by all the characters, mostly because they actually treat them as individuals with their own goals rather than a collection of Sonic's hangers-on, even if it does tend to dip into soap-opera territory at times. Of course, this is all western stuff. The tired or bland portrayals are usually for the Japanese fans that, from what I've heard, do not like the "attitude" that Sonic was given in the west.

I don't believe that, given that he's got plenty of attitude (although it's a very different source of attitude) than the comics. But yes the comics feel the need to not just make everyone Sonic's hanger-ons. There relationships are still there but it's not the sole character trait.

Amy loves Sonic, but she also recognizes "He doesn't love me back" and instead is perfectly fine just being his friend and a hero, she just hopes that one day he'll come around. Which actually can't happen, since SoJ has dictated that Sonic must never be in a relationship. Ever. Especially not with Amy. It's a long story.

Now whether or not that characters extra stuff is good is entirely dependent. So long story short, nothing to do with Knuckles.

Hell they even made me like Shadow and Silver. By making the former more rounded, and treating the latter like an idiot who's trying his best to do good.

He's just trying so hard. Yet failing so bad.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Onmi posted:

He's just trying so hard. Yet failing so bad.

:cripes: How bad is it that I recognize BOTH those characters despite not having read the comic in almost ten years? And what does it say about me that it just raises so many "what the gently caress?" questions?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

UmbreonMessiah posted:

:cripes: How bad is it that I recognize BOTH those characters despite not having read the comic in almost ten years? And what does it say about me that it just raises so many "what the gently caress?" questions?

Actually the one on the left is new. The echidna(Echidna is a word Firefox) all just look alike., the one on the right thought, you recognize him. Long story short, turns out that having a world where the Ark got colony dropped and everything is on loving fire is NOT a world you want to rule even if you're immortal. So he's pretty much got it into his head to train Silver to do right and sort the whole "Everything is dead"

Except every time Silver goes back, he fucks up, and screws up the future worse. AND he has to relearn all history because it's all changed while he's been gone.

We actually skipped the 06 future (Canon status: Encyclopedia says it happened, then undid itself AND WE SHALL NEVER SPEAK OF IT AGAIN) so now everythings just a wasteland. And Silver is still a hapless idiot.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Comic chat is fun and all but this game has pretty much nothing to do with the comic besides the obvious connections. So I would like to remind everyone that the Archie Thread exists and all further comic-related inquiries should probably be directed there.

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
Hahaha, man, this game. I remember kind of enjoying it while I played it, but looking back on it... yeah, it was pretty bad. I can't believe that they actually hid the strength stat and elemental matchups, holy poo poo :psyduck: The worst part about it is that it seems like an intentional choice that someone actually made rather than an oversight that came from the ridiculous production issues. Maybe that explains why my party of choice just stopped being able to damage anything with regular attacks around the end of the game.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this LP. I remember liking the writing for some characters in this game a lot better than I liked them in the mainline games, so it will be fun to see them again and see how they held up.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
My friends know a few youtube urls for certain tracks from this game off by heart because I'm always linking them to it just to make them remember it exists.

I can't wait for the responses to my favourite track once it comes up.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

As this thread goes on I would like to point out how Richard Jacques tried to save the soundtrack. Either Sega forced Bioware to redo the music for trying to make Sonic remixes with out their permission at the last 2 weeks of production, or Bioware just gave Richard a crappy soundchip to work with.

As bad as the music can be sometimes, you can hear that the music is either has part of old sonic music in the track or it was a reproduce track of old Sonic music (I don't get how reproduce is better then remix, but have it your way Sega.)

In Battle 1 you can hear Tidal Tempest Zone (Past) from Sonic CD. Battle 1 music starts at :17 of Tidal Tempest Zone (Past).

Sonic CD: Tidal Tempest Zone (Past)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rc3GbK_q3I

Battle 2 is like a chopped and screwed of Sky Babylon Act 1 from Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Rush Adventure: Sky Babylon Act 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgRtEEGHOfI

The begain of the Mini Boss music it sounds like a fast ver. of Palmtree Panic Zone (Bad Future) of Sonic CD (Jp/Eu) (a little).

Sonic CD (Jp/Eu): Palmtree Panic Zone (Bad Future)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZibkzlVB7o

And last, of the music we heard so far is the Boss music which is a reproduce of Richard on work, Panic Puppet Zone Act 1 from Sonic 3D Blast Saturn ver.

Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn): Panic Puppet Zone Act 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHluhvS3D4

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
That miniboss music just seems like generic fart drums to me. That is, there's no actual music in the part you're speaking of, just drums.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Cheez posted:

That miniboss music just seems like generic fart drums to me. That is, there's no actual music in the part you're speaking of, just drums.

Yeah, someone told me the Mini Boss music sounds like the begaining of Palmtree Panic Zone (Bad Future) of Sonic CD (Jp/Eu). To me, it kinda sounds like the bass line of Palmtree Panic but they changed the last two notes to be different before it repeart in the Mini Boss music. Or it could just be me being crazy and misinterpreting the farts.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

[quote="TwoPair" post="418711814"]
Okay, forget what I said. It is possible to hack 'em all, because I just found the right code for that. Regardless, I'm still gonna play the game normal for now, just to show the average experience. Probably will punch in the code at some point later on.

I remember you could save before the egg hatch and because its a RNG it always just ends up a different Chao? This way you can get all of them in one shot. If someone doesn't not have a AR.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jarogue posted:

Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn): Panic Puppet Zone Act 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHluhvS3D4

Sonic 3D Blast was an awesome game, with awesome music. Actually, most Sonic games had stellar soundtracks.

...Except this one.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

TwoPair posted:

From the bottom, left to right, we have Character stats, the Chao Garden, the World Map, the Equipment screen, the Codex, and the Save icon which looks like a book I guess(?).

It looks like a DS cartridge.

I played this game a while back, and I'm not sure if I bothered to finish it. I didn't really care about stats or abilities and just upgraded whatever. I remember there was a point of no return, which I hate. I never realized the chao were random, which is probably for the best, because I would probably have tryed to collect all of them.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Sonic 3D Blast was an awesome game, with awesome music. Actually, most Sonic games had stellar soundtracks.

...Except this one.

I'm going to have to contest the idea that Sonic 3D Blast is an "awesome game". It has a great soundtrack, to be sure, but it's pretty mediocre.

The point of not return in Chronicles is dumb and can prevent you from getting two of the playable characters if you don't know where to find them or don't enjoy "exploring" (I refused to look at a guide for this game and searched for each of the characters myself. It took me about an hour for each :suicide: ). Also, I hope you got every goddamn ring, motherfucker, because there plain aren't enough past the point of no return!!!

majormonotone fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 30, 2013

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

I'm going to have to contest the idea that Sonic 3D Blast is an "awesome game". It has a great soundtrack, to be sure, but it's pretty mediocre.

I liked it a lot when I was really young. I actually plan on getting (the?) Sonic Mega Collection and look forward to seeing if my memory is accurate(as well as playing the other games in that pack). It still looks fun when I see videos of it, though yeah, it's not as fast as any of the other's at the time and I can understand that complaint.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

majormonotone posted:

The point of not return in Chronicles is dumb and can prevent you from getting two of the playable characters if you don't know where to find them or don't enjoy "exploring"

You can miss playable characters in this game? I beat the entire game and didn't know this?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

You can miss playable characters in this game? I beat the entire game and didn't know this?

Yes you can!!! And for one of them you have to do an annoying fetch quest!

But yeah we can talk more about that when we actually reach one of the missable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
Really, the sin that was the nail in Chronicles' coffin seems to be the music; as bad as any given Sonic game may be, there's generally a couple good tunes from it hidden in it. A game without even that is just sad, and given it's an RPG that's an even worse situation, because you're inevitably going to spend large periods of time in the same areas listening to the same tracks.

Then again, for all I've heard of it, I've never actually seen this game in its entirety, so maybe there's an even more dire problem later on.

• Locked thread