Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Given the circumstances, they did at least hold it together long enough to produce something somewhat mediocre. But seriously, how do you just lose the entire soundtrack? I want to hear more about that.

Supposedly there was some kind of legal issue with the music that forced them to redo it at the last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

With occasional appearances by Big and Omega.

Speaking of which, I can't believe nobody's pointed out
Get hype, Froggy :allears:

e: Big is probably one of the most awful Sonic characters by weight, but there's something endearing about the fact that he's unapologetically a dumb joke character in a series that all-too-often treats characters who should be dumb jokes like they aren't.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 25, 2013

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Gaseous Snake posted:

I don't know about you guys but Blaze is pretty rad. She's like, the only female Sonic character that isn't manic.

Yeah, even though she's mostly just appearing in cameo roles at this point I actually kind of like Blaze (because gently caress you I actually kind of like Sonic Rush).

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

I do like how GUN seems to vacillate wildly between "child-murdering assholes who want to kill you" and "well-meaning if incompetent government spooks who need you to bail them out."

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

sudonim posted:

I think the same guy that did music for Jet Set Radio was the one who did Sonic Rush?

Yeah, Hideki Naganuma was behind the music for both. He's loving great and I have no idea what he's doing now but it doesn't seem like Sega's had him working on any games for a while which is one of the most egregious wastes of an asset I've ever seen.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, she was just tunnel vision focused and fought Sonic for slowing her down by trying to figure out what's going on. So hedgehogs and echidnas are gullible while cats are obsessive.

But Big's not oh wait yes he is

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Is that an actual thing he's published? Because holy poo poo, I have seen Deviantart stuff that looks better than that. This Penders creature is a gold mine and I'm loving every second of its insanity.

To be fair to DeviantArt, actual bonafide professional artists put their stuff on it.

To be unfair to DeviantArt, people like Ken Penders put their stuff on it.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

I would try to say he's indirectly responsible but then the only reason he got away with being Ken Penders for so long is because Sega wasn't paying any attention to him.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Does Emerl show up later or something? Because the "save a single robotic survivor" thing is a weirdly specific detail to bring up if it's only tangentially related to one random enemy type. Like, yeah, it wouldn't be entirely accurate to say "every record was destroyed" if Emerl is a surviving remnant but that's the kind of inaccuracy you're better off glossing over because otherwise it's just a dangling plot thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I think it's just meant as a reference to Emerl, for w/e reason.

I know it is, I just mean that the way it's phrased makes it sound like a significant bit of foreshadowing and it's weird if the only relevance is "sometimes you fight some robots."

• Locked thread