Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
This game made me realize that watching numbers rise is awesome. I always make fun of video games that do this, but this game only does this and it's great.

More cookies for the cookie god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Hah!

You can pry my ever rising CPS from my cold dead fingers, hippy.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

That loving Sned posted:

How would you go about beating this game in the shortest amount of time, and with the fewest clicks possible? I'm not sure how you'd define 'completed', or what is considered a click or not, whether that's just on the cookie, or including using the interface.

I tried to totally nerd out and figure it up. I might be totally off, but here's some loose numbers anyway. Here's a chart (calculated as a mix of the numbers on the first page combined with some findings of my own based on my current game that by the way include the first 26 upgrades so it's nowhere near accurate, but I think the basic gist is there):

clicker 1 cps

grandma 2 cps

farm 2.5 cps (1.25x more productive than 1 grandma)

factory 10 cps (4x more productive than 1 farm)

mine 40 cps (4x more productive than 1 factory)

shipment 100 cps (2.5x more productive than 1 mine)

alchemy lab 400 cps (4x more productive than 1 shipment)

portal 8,332 cps (20.83x more productive than one lab)

time machine 98,765 cps (11.8x more productive than 1 portal)

My thinking is that you click the most expensive option every time it comes up until the thing one tier less productive below it becomes cheaper per CPS. On the other side, don't go for the thing above the highest tier you've already built until its CPS is cheaper per cookie spent by the ratio as shown above.

So in other words, let's say you start the game with enough cookies to buy an Alchemy lab. You'd then click the Alchemy Lab button to build 1 Alchemy Lab, producing 400 cps. At that point, you'd keep clicking that Alchemy Lab button until the Shipment option becomes cheaper than 25% of the cost of the next Alchemy Lab (because the Lab produces 4x as much as a shipment), at which point you'd build a Shipment because you'd get more CPS per cookie spent with the Shipment option than with the Lab. Eventually, a Mine will produce more cps per cookie spent when the Shipment option gets more than 2.5 times more expensive than the Mine, etc. Once the Portal's price gets to where it is cheaper than (Current Alchemy Lab Price x 20.83), build a Portal, etc.

Of course, upgrades will throw off the math, and seeing how each tier isn't linearly or properly exponentially spaced, you pretty much have to keep up with everything individually all the time. And cursors gets +CPS bonuses with every object you build so who knows how many of those you need for "optimal" pacing. So yeah, in other words don't worry about it. just click poo poo and watch the numbers go up.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 27, 2013

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Well I'll say one thing. If anything, this game does give you a very 1st hand feel at just how far apart orders of magnitude really are.

Waiting for 2 or 3 billion cookies to show up in the bank when I only have 5 million coming in per second makes me feel so cookie poor. Then I look at the cookie counter furiously blazing upwards and wonder how I can be so cookie selfish. Look at how good I have it! So many people will barely see in a lifetime how many cookies I make in but a few seconds.

Then I find myself needing even more cookies. More cookies. Now, dammit.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 27, 2013

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Mutation posted:

They're not fun! They're just addictive. It's like they're designed to jam a stick into whatever button in my brain renders me a loving slave to habit.

Seriously. I was actually getting stressed out about raising my rate for a minute before I stopped and asked myself what the gently caress I was loving doing that would make me act like this big of a loving rear end in a top hat.

Still haven't closed the tab though.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Blizzard could learn a thing or five from this game.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Holepunchio posted:

I am producing 273 million cookies per second. I left this running for a few hours, and I still can't afford my next portal. Its going to be literal days before I can afford my next time machine.

Cookie production is at an all time high, yet now is when my productiveness matters least.

Cookie Gods, why have you forsaken me.:negative:

Heavy hangs the head that wears the crown.

I know how you feel though. This has been me for the last little while now.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Holy poo poo the achievement you get when you build 50 portals.

"Now you're thinking"

Fantastic.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Level Slide posted:

What constitutes late game?

When I can't buy anymore stuff I'll let you guys know.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Dauntasa posted:

And then you build the time machines. The time machines take the cookies from the hungry mouths of people to bring them into the future. The streets run brown with trillions of cookies that no one can eat because they are snatched away into the future to be thrown into a vast cookie stockpile.

Heh, looks like somebody obviously didn't buy the Time Paradox Resolver.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 28, 2013

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
You can buy an upgrade eventually that makes golden cookies appear twice as often and last twice as long.

Why am I spoilering this game.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
The more cookie rich I get, the more cookie poor I feel... but the more cookie rich I am!

185 million CPS and it's not nearly enough. :unsmigghh:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
If they could attach this game to Folding at Home or something, we could cure every disease mankind has ever suffered from in like three days.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Is there an upper limit to how many things in each category you can have?

Because if there's not I might kill myself.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Yeah the only way I got the 15 clicks to a million cookies achievement was by starting the game before the achievement or the cookie click counter was implemented. I refreshed my page and I had my then-current cookie bank and CPS untouched, but the game at that point registered that I had done all that in 0 clicks, so I immediately got the achievement.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Gross

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

But... but what will become of the Grandmas once they're obsoleted by new technology? :ohdear:

They already know too much. They must be... dealt with.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Level Slide posted:

Ten more. TEN MORE loving CURSORS UNTIL 160 :unsmigghh: +

There's an achievement for 200 cursors. Oh yes, 200. Happy cookieing!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
^^^ you click them when you see them pop up and they'll either give you an instant large sum of cookies or x2 CPS for 1 minute.

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm at 62 and they cost me 715 million, what are you on about?

I'm at 79 portals. My next one is going to cost 103,986,740,146 cookies.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 29, 2013

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

bef posted:

If I refresh are all my cookies doomed? :ohdear:

If you're feeling paranoid you can open the menu and export the save. It will give you a long string of characters you can paste into a text document, which you can later paste into the text field when you want to import the save.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I wonder what the upper limit is to the amount of cookies you can have in the bank.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Yeah, I'm going to have this tab open for weeks, aren't I.

Well, the good news is that at a certain point, every upgrade does so relatively little to your CPS that you can take comfort in the fact that any sense of urgency is almost entirely unnecessary and will do you no good at all. Click on those upgrades right when they're available or wait a day or so. It won't make much difference in the long run once you've had the game open for a few days.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 29, 2013

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I know the game will probably go on forever but I'm considering the game beaten when I've bought all the upgrades and earned every achievement.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh yeah? What if they continue to add achievements and upgrades? What then?!

Well I do know how to tie a pretty good noose.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I wonder what the dungeons are going to be like.

I wonder if they'll replace clicking the cookie to supplement your income. So instead of clicking the cookie, you have to kill monsters in the dungeon to get cookieXP. The deeper you go, the harder the monsters get, the better the gear you have to buy. Better gear has a small possibility to drop on its own, or you could always buy the next tier higher with cookies in the bank, just like the building progression system. The whole game could be rebalanced to make killing monsters more necessary than clicking the cookie, and there you have it. Digital crack (distilled from cookies).

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

pandaK posted:

I'm pretty sure Neverclick means getting 1,000,000 cookies with any 15 straight cookie clicks. I got it in the middle of a clicking session long time ago.

I hope you realize that the last two achievements take like a whole week to get.

Ayep.

That's a lot of time staring at a cookie counter but hey what else am I going to do? Work? Have a social life? Maybe a week or two ago. Now? HAH.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Maha posted:

God drat it. How did you go about the cheating?

I need to know this also.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
To the guy who keeps updating this god forsaken game:

You bastard.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
How about you spoiler that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
ignore

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Retirement Homes Report: "female residents congealing in their seats"

There is no cost too high, no burden too overbearing for more cookies.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Jesus once you get to a certain point the news ticker is horrifying.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
You guys know that before you go testing poo poo, you can export your game, which is just a long character string you can copy and then paste into the "import game" box in case your game goes tits up, right?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Somebody has to say it.

This game's twist is right up there with Portal's. Here I was just clicking cookies and now I'm appeasing the Grandma Elder Gods? Yeah this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Small and Blue posted:

I've done it. I have all the upgrades, 200 cursors, 200 grandmas(because why the gently caress not) 100 of everything else.

And all the achievements except neverclick.

I don't want to reset my cookies whyy :shepicide:

How the hell is this possible. What voodoo magic did you do to get to this point already?

• Locked thread