Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Found this on Friday, been running nonstop since.

Stats as of a few seconds ago:

Cookies in bank : 140,722,691,119
Cookies baked (all time) : 10,226,456,823,097
Buildings owned : 898
Cookies per second : 175,907,512.4 (multiplier : 293.3%)
Cookies per click : 7,060,334.7
Cookie clicks : 18,934
Hand-made cookies : 32,856,085,401
Golden cookie clicks (which also counts blood cookies, interestingly enough): 25

I'm only buying 100 of each building type, cause frankly everything that isn't a Portal or a Time Machine isn't worth it, and the only reason Portals are still worthwhile is cause they're considerably cheaper to buy than Time Machines and can still produce CPS in the millions. Really, Cursors, Grandmas, Portals and Time Machines are the only things worth getting more than 100 of, mostly because the stacking upgrades for each are really, really good at getting really high CPS. Time Machines are easily the best but they start stupidly expensive and get only moreso as the game goes on, so it's often the choice between waiting to get a Time Machine later or getting several dozen other things now.

Course, now I'm at the point where everything is so stupidly expensive that I'll probably only check in once a day to buy a couple of Portals/Time Machines or whatever upgrades I can afford, then sitting back and waiting for the cookies to get back up to the trillions again. I've only got six achievements left, half of which are building a whole bunch of really expensive poo poo.

EDIT: Stats have changed since I accidentally closed my tab, reopened it and got a free Kitten upgrade, which is supposed to be 9 Trillion cookies. So now my stats look like this:

Cookies in bank : 66,818,204,373
Cookies baked (all time) : 10,517,092,716,543
Buildings owned : 901
Cookies per second : 275,780,389.4 (multiplier : 452.8%)
Cookies per click : 11,055,282.4
Cookie clicks : 18,934
Hand-made cookies : 32,856,085,401
Golden cookie clicks : 27

I just increased my CPS by 100 million with a free kitten upgrade :stare:

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mordiceius posted:

Went 1 cursor, 1 shipment, 1 lab, 1 portal and then cookies were flying so fast it took seconds to get time machines. I was getting cookies faster than I could click time machines until I got to about my 40th machine.

Less than 5 minutes overall to get to 85 machines. Producing... 1.6 trillion cps.

:catstare:

So... how many cookies did you have on hand when you reset? Just a ballpark number would be good.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

junan_paalla posted:

If you want the shadow achievements for having shitloads of cookies on hand while resetting, sell everything and reset. If you want maximum chips you'll want to sell everything, buy them back, sell them again and buy them back until you run out of cash.

Wait, I thought the prestige chips needed on hand cookies, not total all time? Or did I get that backwards?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Nope, that's backwards. Prestige chips come from total baked cookies all-time.

EDIT: There are Shadow Achievements that are based on cookies-on-hand at the time of reset, however. That might be where the confusion comes from.

Alright then, my total all time is like 1500 trillion, or 1.5 quadrillion. How many Prestige chips would that get me?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Talorat posted:

So I'm at 394 billion cookies per second with 182 cursors and 58 time machines. Assuming I am unwilling to use auto click scripts to hit the golden cookies, about how many eternities is it gonna take for me to get these last two achievement for 200 cursors and 58 time machines respectively? Is there any way to speed up the process?

Also should I always have the elder pledge on or is the chance of getting elder frenzies worth the risk of pulling a clot or ruin?

At most, I'll lose half a trillion from a ruin. Clot just slows stuff down for a bit but I'm still getting the same number of cookies. Meanwhile, a lucky will get a trillion, cookie chain gets up to six trillion, and I just had an elder frenzy net me over ten trillion a few minutes ago.

Ruin is the only one to worry about, but the losses you get from it are minor compared to the potential benefits, since everything a golden cookie can do, a blood cookie can do.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just three time machines away from 100, with 1.1 billion CPS. Just three more.

"Just" three more. :roflolmao: :negative:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The worst submarine posted:

A firelit room is another good one. It's much more serious than any others and does a decent job.

loving hell, as if having ONE waiting game to play wasn't enough! :argh:

Only reason I haven't reset my cookie clicker is cause I'm playing this game now. But hey, I've almost enough coal for a steelworks!

:negative:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo, soft resets don't reset golden cookie clicks. Welp, time to take the plunge!

True Neverclick, here I come!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"Oh, hey, golden cookie gave me a frenzy, I should start clicking the co-"

gently caress

True Neverclick is hard, guys. :(

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

To Vex a Stranger posted:

I've been clicking golden cookies for the last 4 hours (watching TV and clicking when they show up) and have yet to get a clicking frenzy and frenzy at the same time. Am I missing something? Do I need to have a certain amount of cookies banked for it to even show up?

Yes, along with the crazy expensive upgrades that double golden cookie effects.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Khanstant posted:

They should have an achievement for getting a quadrillion without clicking any golden cookies.

What would be the point?

It's difficult to get to a million without clicking because a decent chunk of your early income is from clicking the cookie. NOT clicking the cookie slows down production immensely, to the point that getting your very first cursor is an agonizing game of waiting for a random chance golden cookie with a random chance of giving you 13 cookies which isn't enough anyway so you need to wait even longer and the waiting would be over after just two clicks but if you want the achievement you need to wait. It's difficult cause you know for a fact that you can get way, way, way more cookies by clicking the cookie than you can by waiting for the cursors to click it for you.

That difficulty is gone by the time you reach a million because by then the vast majority of your cookie production is from your buildings CPS, so by then clicking the cookie is almost a hassle since it gives such a minuscule return compared to what you're making every second. And that doesn't change as you get more buildings. Really, by the time you hit a million cookies, you're not gonna be clicking the cookie anymore. So getting to quadrillion without clicking is trivial after getting to a million without clicking.

EDIT: Derp. :v:

But that would require a save wipe now that gold cookie clicks count across resets.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 16, 2013

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just reset.

1057 heavenly chips.

Gonna try to play by getting only one of every building.

So far have one of everything up to factory, and will get a space ship soon.

The wait between that and alchemy labs will be... pretty okay, actually. It's the wait for portals that'll be bad...

EDIT: ... huh.

I expected this to strategy to stretch the game by an unreasonable degree, but it's only 28 minutes and I already have a Time Machine and 2.8 million CPS.

Antimatter condenser is still gonna be a bitch, 4 billion cookies is, like, two hours, man.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 28, 2013

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Arthe Xavier posted:

My girlfriend doesn't understand this at all.

Oh, that's an easy fix.

Have her click the cookie, too. :v:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I accidentally closed the window at some point.

Oh well. Guess I'll do something else with my time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It autosaves every minute, get back in here.

If you had the cheap antimatter condensers then that's a pity though.

No, they were the expensive kind. I had over 100 of them, too.

• Locked thread