Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
"Hey, doing a reset gives me achievements! Let's see if a Hard Reset starts me off with a special achievement too!"

:negative:

Back to square one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

McDragon posted:

Well, resetted to get that Neverclick achievement. Goodbye, cookies. Goodbye, kittens. :negative:

Not actually been at this long, so it's not that bad. Is it just cookie clicks that count? You can still buy upgrades and poo poo?

Yeah, click on anything that isn't the cookie and you're fine. Golden cookies, upgrades, the menu tab, whatever. I just did this myself yesterday, so I feel your pain.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

This neverclick achievement? :smuggo:

Also nothing left to do, no more exponential growth of cookies, feeling so empty.

Apparently there's an update comin' so cookies can again be a part of your life

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Golden Cookies now have a possible effect of multiplying your clicking power. My mouse will never forgive me.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Sojenus posted:

Sell that farm god drat look at that 101 ruining everything sell it and the two cursors as well ugggggh.

Pretty Numbers are this game's version of the Pretty Borders everyone complains about in Paradox games.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

UraniumFuelElement posted:

Do blood cookies still count for the 7, 27, 77 gold cookies achievements?

Yep!

I earned the 77 gold cookies achievement for a Clot result. Bittersweet, that.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The bit about "meowing heard from cookie facilities; suggests new ingredient being tested" was a lot cuter before the Grandmapocalypse.

...it's too believable now, is the thing. :(

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

nimby posted:

It is the kitten workers going to work, just like you see the news message about little cute cats in little cute suits working at cookie producing plants.

Oh, I know that. Intellectually.

But then I see the grandmas crafting flesh highways between cookie-making facilities and it no longer seems so innocent

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

LAY-ZX posted:

I think you should click the cookie.

Go take a nap. When you wake up, buy things. Problem solved!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, I thought the prestige chips needed on hand cookies, not total all time? Or did I get that backwards?

Nope, that's backwards. Prestige chips come from total baked cookies all-time.

EDIT: There are Shadow Achievements that are based on cookies-on-hand at the time of reset, however. That might be where the confusion comes from.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

What counts as a building for the Engineer achievement? Is it literal buildings or is it anything but cursors?

Anything, even cursors, are considered 'buildings' at present. You can see your total buildings on the stats panel under the general stats.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I was all psyched, heading to a friend's house for his birthday, to know that upon my return home I would finally achieve my 100th time machine.

A refresh and a reset later and I'm on my 72nd Antimatter Converter and suddenly all my past achievements seem like just so much dross.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The only time I could consider the Covenant 'worth it' would be if you're running an auto-golden-cookie-clicker and you're away sleeping or something.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

M3wThr33 posted:

Anyone else notice the odd aliasing on the giant cookie when you click it?

I'll explain. You know how it stays a bit shrunk if you hold down the mouse button?

About 1/4 second after it's shrunk all the way, it shrinks just a LITTLE bit more? It's like it sparkles/flickers just a bit.

You know how sometimes someone points something out to you like the arrow in the FedEx logo or something and then you can never not see it and over time it gets really aggravating and you wish you could punch the guy who originally pointed it out to you in the nose so you can go back to being blissfully ignorant of a thing that never used to annoy you until you noticed it?

I wish I could punch you in the nose.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Geight posted:

Would restarting for the first time after completing my 100th time machine make sense? Should I let cookies build up while I sleep and then reset in the morning?

If you're about to go sleep, reset in the morning; it makes no sense to reset and then go to bed while your cps is like 3.

That said, I reset a little while ago (once I hot 100% achievements) and picked up my first antimatter condenser in ~30 minutes, so it's not like you'll need to have a whole day ahead of you.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

671 heavenly chips makes for a lot of cookies, I am learning.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Monkey Fury posted:

I'm in the same spot as you but I never reset after the condenser prices were fixed. Will resetting cause my condenser prices to soar?

No - I've still got the cheap condensers myself and I've reset twice now.

This is part of the reason why today's reset pushed my heavenly chips total above 1000. Bought my first (admittedly cheap) condenser 11 minutes into the game.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Nobody is seriously upset at people for autoclicking. I assure you there is no cookie cliker elitist hierarchy.

Well, some people might very well be seriously upset.

Those people have to live with themselves, though. Don't be angry at them. Just feel joy that you are not one of them.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Twitch posted:

As long as Cookie Clicker is 100% single player, I can't get too mad, but online cheaters using your exact arguments ruined Pokemon and (the online portions of) Dark Souls for me.

And if there were any multiplayer component to Cookie Clicker besides talking about it, I'd agree with you a hundred percent; in a multiplayer game, cheating doesn't just affect your own gameplay experience, it affects by extensioneveryone else's too.

But that's not the case here, so why sweat it?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

xoFcitcrA posted:

Yeah, I've clicked about all the cookies that I can click for now.

This has been killing me, what is squeeze?

You get a sponge underwater that lets you make yourself smaller.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The devil was trivial for me, but then I had the boots of introspection, the black grimoire that lets me use the Black Demons spell, the enchanted knight's armor, the unicorn horn, and the pink gloves. Stay at the beginning, shrug off any damage by healing it faster than you take it, and spam black demons until the Devil is no more.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Oblivion4568238 posted:

EDIT: While I'm here, what's up with the rock arrangements in the cave? I feel like I know what's going on with them, but it hasn't gotten me anything yet, and I'm probably not going to be able to shake what I think is the solution out of my head.

They're a map. Check to the northeast on the main map.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

My current goal to keep myself interested and occupied while waiting for Dungeons is to get to the point where I can reach 100 Condensers in under an hour. 16417 Heavenly Chips is not quite enough; I can hit 90, but 100 is still out of reach. Just going to have to keep on truckin'.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

It's not over until Nookie Clicker is released.

If you think some dude isn't working on this right now you're crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

I have 1050 Heavenly chips and I AM STILL CLICKING COOKIES.

I stopped at ~17K Heavenly Chips.

I will probably start again sometime.

• Locked thread