Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Cheat yourself back to the rough position you were at like a reasonable, sane individual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I broke my savefile beyond help by cheating a lot, so I performed a hard reset for the new update to restore my cookie honour. Gotta get ready for dungeons again with a clean cookie conscience.

Remind me again how long it takes golden cookies to appear? I'm going for true neverclick right off the bat.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Red Metal posted:

You can see by entering console.log(Game.missedGoldenClicks); into your browser's javascript console.

I have apparently missed one singular golden cookie. This knowledge will stain the very essence of my being for as long as I care about this game.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

This is annoying me, I clearly have well over the amount of cookies necessary to purchase the "One Mind" upgrade. But attempting to click on the upgrade to buy it doesn't actually do anything.

What gives?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

This worked. Why did this work? Ah well, I'll take it.

Also, I wasn't aware buying One Mind instantly replaced Golden Cookies with Red Cookies, I thought you had to go all the way up to Elder Pact before that started happening.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

Does cookie monster show you how many heavenly chips you'll have after a reset or how many you'll gain?

Yes, it does. It's extremely useful because I'm too lazy to plug the numbers into a formula.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I care how other people play an idle-game.

Interesting outlook. I'll be sure to consider it while I use my golden cookie auto-clicker and cookie monster.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm wondering how much a reset will do for me. I've never done it, and would get 177 chips out of the deal.
I have at least 100 of each building except antimatter condensers, which I have 90 of. 100 seems so tantalizingly close, yet I know how crazy expensive they will get.

The only achievements I'm missing are a couple of the cheat-related hidden ones, the 100's, and the reset ones.

Is it... time?

Stick it out along with me for just a little while longer. I'm in nearly the exactly same position as you only I have a cool 95 Antimatter condensers. And yes, they start costing in the Quadrillions.

Although, at this point I'd get 208 chips from resetting which is super tempting.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

Let's do it. :hfive:

Welp, I got there, acquired my 100th Antimatter Condenser.

I will apparently get 281 chips if I reset along with a cool 562% CPS bonus. Surely now is the time to reset?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

My strategy so far is to go in 250HC jumps.

In Quadrillions of cookies, the progression goes like this:

That first hump of 31 Quadrillion cookies might be a bit steep, you might want to reset at 8 Quadrillion to get 125 HC.

I like this plan, so I'm going to use it. I've gone slightly past overkill having 46 quadrillion cookies overall on first reset to get a cool 606% CPS bonus.

Nth Doctor posted:

In a fit of madness, I did a bad thing.

For shame, you lacked the will to survive!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Also, potential bug: I think each buy of the pact, or whatever the temporary grandma-blocker is, counts as an upgrade for the achievements. Because I was buying those and I got the 100 upgrades achievement with like 88 upgrades actually bought.

I can corroborate this, Elder Pledge counts as an upgrade each time you buy it.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Is there such a thing?

Yes.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

HenryEx posted:

I just made 80 petacookies in a clicking frenzy.

80 quadrillion handmade cookies.

Good grief, what does your Heavenly Chip total look like to be pulling those numbers? I had a clicking frenzy and I got maybe four or five quadrillion out of it.

Mind you, it also wasn't under Frenzy. Do those two stack on top of each other? So if you get a x7 production bonus and then a x777 click bonus, you end up with a x5439 bonus to clicks? Or is it just that you get whatever percentage of the increased CPS and that's what really makes the difference?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Requested_Username posted:

Cheaters never win, and winners never use Cookie Monster

I'm doing just fine, I'll have you know.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Crovie posted:

I'm only getting 9 chips an hour :(

I want to be chip-rich too but this is going to take a lot of resets.

I've just been letting it do it's thing and maybe I'll reset when I feel like playing the game again for those few minutes it'll take to reach end game. Apparently I'm at like maybe 2.something chips an hour, not accounting for Lucky while under Frenzy or Clicking Frenzy.

Sitting on a potential of 746 heavenly chips here, having gone into this reset with 303. Probably way past the point where it would've been efficient to reset, but screw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

There are so many ways of cheating that don't get you the cheating achievement that it doesn't even mean anything.

And the fact that you can cheat the achievement out if you're that way inclined.

• Locked thread