Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Mutation posted:

I hate this loving game.

I hate all these loving type of games.

They're not fun! They're just addictive. It's like they're designed to jam a stick into whatever button in my brain renders me a loving slave to habit.

This is stupid, I should close the tab! But... I'm just a couple minutes away from building another time machine so maybe I'll have it run in the background while I read a thread or something. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

fake edit: Built a time machine! Okay, just gotta wait a bit more. Oh hey, I can upgrade my mines. Hmm, I should go calculate the efficiency of that upgradOH WHAT AM I DOING?

You should calm down and have some sort of a chocolaty dough-based baked good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

codeorange posted:

Should I get started on getting the grandma upgrades now, or should I hold off for now and get the +15% cookie upgrades first?

Oh god please help me I'm scared.

Get the grandma upgrades, as they give more bang for buck and are available far earlier than if you save up for the 9 trillion cookie upgrades.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

legendsuper posted:

Yes, why wouldn't you trust your nice grandmas anyway. They're just old ladies that like to bake nice cookies.

I̺̘͋̈̈́ ͓̠͎̮͉̜̤͎͛̌͒͌̒̾̎̽́̕h̷̩̼͇̪͑̎̈́ͯ̈́̒ͨͥḁ̣̦ͦͤͩ̃ͩ̊̓̌͊͝v̂҉̭͖̠ͅè̸̱ͥͭ͒ͨ͡ ̰͉̥̜̌̎̐̅̈́̒ȉ̗̮̺͎̜̌̍̄ͅm̜͈̣͇͓̙̄́̑͗ͯ͜p̮͕̜͇̟̐̒̀͝ͅr͖̞̤̈́͞o̷̖̝̳̱̜͂̆̾ͩ̓͝v͎̼̬͔̤̣̰̬̜ͭ̄͛ͣ̂͜e͒̽͏̝̗̺̕ḑ͛͏͕̬̼̲̹ͅ ̮̬̝͉͈̖͕͉ͣ̿ͩ̾̆ͬ̒ͥ͟ͅt͎̗͔̻̰͚͍̹ͮ͂̎̀͟hͤ͒ͥ̃̂͒̔̄͏͍̹é̓̊̅̓͆͞҉̳̪͕̝̫̱̮̳̱ ̷̮͖͍̳̓̅̋ģ̭̺̰̠̖͚̘͆̌̊̐ͬ͑ŗ̵͈͊̾͂́a̧̡̡̤̻̲͕̘̤̜̩͂ͭ̎ͦ̃n̵͕̙̝͙̘̻̺̻͚̉̌ͫͭ́d͓̣̪̥́ͬ͂̍̉ͫ͞͠m̞̱͚̰̱ͧͧ͂͑oͯ̈̽҉̶̟ť̤̞̠̻̣̻ͩ́ͥ̌̋ͮ̇̒ĥ̫̰̟̜̝̱ͯ͐̄ͦ̏͛̔͡e͑ͫ͗̽ͫ͊̈́̽҉̼̝̬̜͉͞ͅr̫͚̙̤͐̐s̶̡̺̻̥̯̮̮̝͖̍̏̕.̷̵͙̰̻̗́́̓ͪͥ̈́
̼͚̳̃ͫ̽͂̓̚
̊͐̔͌̂̈͏̣͍̀̕T̴̗͓̗̹̲̣̫̭ͨ͛̒͂͜h̶̼͙̪̹̝͇̞͋́̅͂̆̑ͦ͡ĕ̫̩̪̝̟̬̥̝̽͌yͭ̊ͨ̚҉̶̢̤̺̳̜ ̘̲̰̤ͫ̑̏͆͐͟͞à̴̽͆̏ͫͥͩ͛҉̱̲̹̞̫͔͡r̴̘̙͎̫͈͓̋ͅe̮̣̲͋̚ ̢̱̮̭̜͓͚̻͛͒́ͯm̔̿̆̑͊҉̝͉̟͍̟̳̩̟̠õ̷̫̜͖̹͍̰̜̆́ͫ͛ͯͅṛ̸ͥͮ̎̓͝e̗̖̻̮̣̣̟̒͡.̸̱̹͍̭ͣͭ̀̕.̓̄̄͋ͪ́҉̰̭͔͔͇̳̞ͅ.̨̛̯̟͕̹̝͓͗ͨ̀̋͛̏̀ͭ͘ ̴͕͓̝̩̼̝̬̬ͣ̏͠Ę͙̺͙͉̻͕̦̂͐̓̃Fͫ͑̎̾̏̈́̾̾ͮ͢҉̛̺̬͔͚̝͉̠͕̳F̭̱̣̪̖̦͙̬̎ͯ͊̄I̢̳̦̺̠͓͖̺͐̓̐̓͒͛̌̂̄͞͝C̜̭̞̦̤̯͉̠̓ͣ͢I̸͚̳͖̲ͣ͛ͬ̄̑ͥ́̅́ͅË̻̯͇̜͎̙͓̬̞́͊͑̃͑̈̕͠N̒̇̈́ͮͭ͂̔͏͔͖̪̼̺T̸̟̞̼͓̯̰̄̓̃ͪ̐̕.̗͙̠̘͕̠͎̦ͫ̿ͤ͌ͮ͗͌͡

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So I thought about maybe baking some cookies in real life, than I looked at my oven's clock display and saw this.

IT KNOWS :gonk:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Something must be wonderfully wrong with my browser, because with the autoclick script enabled every time a golden/blood cookie appears it registers 4 times.

I've earned 200 quadrillion cookies in a few hours. :getin:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So I'm on 200 cursors, 160 grandmas, 100 of everything else except time machine, all milk-producing achievements except for the one you get for 100 time machines, and all upgrades except for the new cookie types.

I'm thinking my gameplan should be buy time machines 'till 100, then reset to get prestige, waiting until I have 1 quadrillion cookies in the bank.

Thoughts?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Slickdrac posted:

The prestige amount is based on your cookies baked and RESET total all time.

So say you reset with 1 quadrillion baked, you will get 31 chips

Get up to 1 quad again and reset, you will get 13 chips

You've reset 2 quadrillion cookies total, it's sqrt of 2000 to give you 44 chips total.

Hm. And because resetting with xTrillion all-time cookies will give me enough chips for a +150% multiplier, it's almost better to reset then and build back up to, say, 3xTrillion cookies rather than simply waiting to amass more due to diminishing returns?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Just hit one Billion cps with at least 100 of each building type and every single achievement bar the shadow achievements.

Now to reset at a quadrillion cookies in hand :getin:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Cookies in bank :
Cookies baked (all time) :
Buildings owned : 1,160
Cookies per second : 1,302,652,524.6 (multiplier : 961%)
Cookies per click : 52,233,404.10
Cookie clicks : 11,078
Hand-made cookies : 40,224,171,836,528
Golden cookie clicks : 3,248

100% upgrades, 100% non-shadow achievements.

Now to build up to a quadrillion cookies in-hand and reset for that sweet, sweet prestige... :unsmigghh:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
105 billion cookies per second with frenzy. (~15 without)

Saving up 1 quadrillion cookies to do a reset, and then not resetting before the update came through, allowed me to buy all new upgrades plus 65 antimatter condensers off the bat.

I NEED MORE.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Post-update and with all of the upgrades and 71 antimatter condensers I've got 100x the CPS of just before the update. :stare:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

StorrowS posted:

From the code:
code:
//new Game.Achievement('Galactus\' Reprimand','Reset your game with <b>1 quintillion</b> coo- okay no I'm yanking your chain
Thank god.

For the non-programmers: The developer commented out the code which enables an achievement for resetting with 1 quintillion cookies.

...for now.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Yeah, endgame is really all about getting to the point where you have all three golden cookie boosters, then hoarding enough cookies to get the maximum possible amount from frenzied cookies, then simply occasionally buying the most cost-effective building possible that does not make your cookie total go under that threshold.

On another note; in the endgame grandmas represent such a small proportion of your earnings (with a fairly balanced spread of buildings it's ~0.2 billion out of a total CPS of 11.8 billion) that if you're a horrible filthy cheater who lets it idle with the automatic golden cookie clicker script (i.e. you don't want to keep on buying Elder Pledges), it's definitely more cost-effective to sell all grandmas than to buy Elder Covenant.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
First time through took a month to get to the point where I had at least 100 of every building, every upgrade and achievement, and 300 chips stored up with a CPS of 24 billion.

On reset, it took me 8 hours to reach CPS parity to the pre-reset state, and less than 2 days to get 64 billion CPS. With an additional 200 chips thrown in as well.

I'll reset again when I've got 600+ chips.

It never ends.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Had 325 chips and about 70 billion CPS.

Reset to find myself with 900 chips <2 hours ago.

Already up to 30 billion CPS.

Trapped in cookie factory.

Send help.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The 126th condensor costs 154 QUADRILLION cookies.

It's almost time to reset.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

MMAgCh posted:

I don't leave my computer on overnight, but I don't pay all that much attention to Cookie Clicker when I'm at it either, so...I'll go for the 100, I guess? It's strange how few cookies I'm actually clicking nowadays in a game called Cookie Clicker.

If you get 100 condensers the upgrade you unlock almost doubles your CPS, so get it and then idle for a while to farm chips.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Now that's what I call exploding a wrinkler.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Avocados posted:

Resetting and getting 558 heavenly chips: :signings:

Wait 'till you have about 10,000 chips in the bank. My last reset netted me an additional 3,000 chips within about 48 hours of the reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Merijn posted:

Really? I'm at the point that I reset, cash in ~500 chips, and get back to all the upgrades, then repeat. The number of chips doesn't really get any higher, at what point are you resetting?

I reset at 10,000 chips exactly, quickly got up to 3.5 trillion CPS (unboosted), and at 2 days 1 hour I'm at 14,527 (total once I cash in next reset).

Stop getting grandmatriarch upgrades after Exotic Nuts and while your CPS is a little lower, your total number of cookies baked will soar.

• Locked thread