Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

A Yolo Wizard posted:

It says I'm missing 2 upgrades, when do i get prompted for those - everything is at 100 units currently except for the last two (85, 54)

There are additional upgrades for 120 and 160 cursors

Every other upgrade for every other unit appears at 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this cookie game is a hoax. Crossposting from TCC:

Um, again. Time travel. They are pulling additional cookies (and therefore additional mass) from time travel.

Not to mention, people eating the cookies. The matter can be reuseable.

edit: also the cookieverse, pulling additional matter from a universe that isn't our own

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

You don't have to reuse anything, you can leave them in the bank, and furthermore there's no indication that the cookies spent on time machines, portals and the like are ever used in the first place. For all we know, they're made out of cookies. Just because the cookies are spent doesn't take them out of the equation or return the raw materials.

You're right. But whether they're spent or not doesn't matter. The amount of matter (and therefore cookies) in our universe is irrelevant because the bulk of our cookies are coming from alternate universes or the past.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

That raises other important cosmological quandaries; at some point you'd exceed the mass of dark matter, halting and reversing the expansion of the universe. If we're going down this road, we should seek cookie equillibrium, nothing more, or we'll wind up in the awkward situation of having to export cookies or import dark cookies (ugh) to prevent the big crunch endgame.

You do what you gotta

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

We simply don't understand the forces at work here on the cosmological scale, but it's certainly possible to predict the catastrophic ramifications of adding a universe worth of mass to our planet. It'd destabilize the whole solar system, cause our satellites to crash out of the sky, make standing upright on the Earth's surface pretty much impossible without breaking your legs and, ultimately, the earth will spontaneously begin fusing cookies which due to the low hydrogen/helium content would promptly result in a cookienova. The only sane course of action is an immediate moratorium on cookie clicking until we can find a way to disperse the added mass across the universe.

Some say the world will end in cookies,
Some say in cream.
From what I've baked with my broskis
I hold with those who favor cookies.
But if I had another scheme,
I think I know enough of fate
To say that to drown in cream
Would then await

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 27, 2013

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Ularg posted:

Will this indie game also be on the PS4?

coming soon to Kinect™

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

What does milk do? How does it work?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

namechange me to Grandma's Moist Cookie

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

This game is everything Final Fantasy XIII wanted to be

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

of bees posted:

Question here. For the base 10 achievement, it says to have 10 time machines, 20 portals, 30 labs, and so forth. If I'm already past that point (I have like 20 time machines right now), how would I get that achievement?

You can sell buildings back. Kind of a pain in the butt just for one achievement, though.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Ha ha ha there's an achievement for selling a grandma

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Started a new game, working up to those big "All income up 10%" upgrades

they only cost

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

Anyone know if you do a reset and keep your achievements, do you keep your milk?

Not sure, but probably. When the update that added achievements and milk happened, I had a shitload of milk on me immediately. All over me. Milk all over my body.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Danyull posted:

So do the 5% upgrades stack to 20% or is it 5% of the total with any previous 5% upgrades?

This is important.

No it's not you'll buy them all anyway :getin:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Reiz posted:

160 cursors unlocks the final(?) cursor upgrade that gives you +x cookies per second/cookies per click for every building you have

Yeah it's like +20 too, so the bonus is gigantic

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

I will have 200 grandmas and I will like it.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Madcosby posted:

It seems the makers of the game hapharardly assigned prices and benefits to the items with very little thought. Obviously, the game is a giant grind but the pricing makes no sense whatsoever. Also the exponentially increasing prices without exponential growth in cookies is pretty unsatisfying. I tend to play grindy toss-away browser games a bit (mostly Flash stuff on Kongregate - Penguin, Bison, Knightmare Tower, etc) and those typically feature a slow start grind followed by a period of decent purchasing power that pushes the game towards completion.

Cookies just seems to want you to leave your browser open. There's seriously nothing to do but wait, and that wait is over the course of about a day. Without the surprise gameplay of Darklit Room, or the expanse of Candybox (which I thought sucked rear end) there's no point in leaving your browser open. Yes, you are a completionist and want those acheivements. Guess what? If you leave it on, you'll get them. There's nothing to it, but time. I understand it's time spent on other stuff, but it's pointless because there's no purpose to the grind.

I was playing Neverwinter Online at launch. I wasn't into the game, but it had profession skills where you could log in daily and get some xp/progress. So as I stopped playing, I kept logging in daily for about 3 days keeping up with my professions... then it hit me; I wasnt interesting in playing Neverwinter Online, I just got sucked into the grind due to the it's easy-drop-in factor.

Cookies has the same problem. You can drop in easily enough as often or as un-often as you like, but there's no reason to do either. The game is just empty.

I left it on overnight after seeing this thread, bought stuff when I got home, saw that I couldn't afford anything at all after that, and closed the tab. It needs some work to be interesting. play Darklit Room instead.

much like your posting

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

You'll want to click the cookie a few more times for more achievements but you'll want to wait till you're getting thousands of cookies per click because some of those achievements are for how many homemade cookies you can make

Yeah, it's safe to click once you've got the 15-clicks cheevo.

Speaking of which, for the hidden "Reset after X cookies", I assume that refers to All Time cookies? And not just the ones on-hand?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

Sadly that still wouldn't be worth more than the %10 cookie for me.

That sounds cool though.

It's still pretty rad, yeah. 7x instead of 2x owns.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Sodium Chloride posted:

^^ Bake some real cookies while you wait to bake digital cookies.

No, keep refreshing. You can bake real cookies once the counter is rolling again.

edit: News: Known universe now jammed with cookies. No vacancies!

Oh my god gggiiimmmppp was right what have I done

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

hcreight posted:

"Too many cookies" is a nonsensical and blasphemous phrase. Consider yourself excommunicated.

The universe is full. No vacancy. There's no more room for cookies.

We must expand our efforts to other universes. Other worlds. We must conquer them, and use the space within for cookie storage.

This is what Pacific Rim was about.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

I wish I could shut off the cookie frenzy bonus, and only get the flat cookie bonus.
Even at 7x it's still nothing once you have trillions of cookies.

I'm still getting flat bonuses in addition to the 7x. No more 2x though.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Small and Blue posted:

The developer actually just shutting down the game forever now would make this a pretty impressive stunt.

The Final Achievement

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

thorf posted:

Multiply cookies gives you 10% more cookies or 1800 * cps, whichever is lower.

People keep saying whichever is lower but I swear it's not true.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

K. Farb posted:

"moist cookies"

yes

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

zalgo

fake edit Grandmapocalypse is the best thing in the world

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Instant Grat posted:

Time machine number 200 would cost 123456789*1.15^199 cookies

That's 148.042.089.956.694.458.087 cookies

At 700 million CpS, that is 6706 years of idling

We
are
eternal

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 4, 2013

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

deptstoremook posted:

But I have to wonder--are the dungeons a joke or are they actually planned?

Considering he actually planned and implemented a grandma apocalypse

Oh it's happening alright. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

ankleteeth posted:

So what happens if I keep researching the upgrade linking the grandma's brains together. I got the first one and it says they're awoken. Does it end with total grandmother supremacy?

No.

It never ends.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

D34THROW posted:

Does Elder Covenant count as an upgrade? I have one upgrade left to finish them all. :ohdear:

I don't think it does, it doesn't show up in the list.

You're probably missing the 200 cursors one.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Gotta say, when Get Lucky causes gold-cookie overlap, it's the greatest thing.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Oblivion4568238 posted:

How many gold cookie clicks to I have to have before I unlock Get Lucky?

If you've got Lucky Day, you should be able to get Serendipity soon enough. Gold Cookies will be easier to notice since they appear more often and stay on screen longer. At 27 gold cookie clicks, Serendipity becomes available. Then you'll be seeing gold cookies all the fuckin' time, can't miss 'em.

Get Lucky shows up at 77 gold cookies, unfortunately.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Hardtarget posted:

aaaah, ok. I only just unlocked Kitten Helpers.

There are three kitten upgrades, they all improve your cps. If my math is right, the first one gives you +5% at 100 milk, the second gives +10% at 100 milk, and the third gives +20% at 100 milk. The exact amount they give scales with milk. More milk = more +cps%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Kazanir posted:

The benefit is that now you have 144 seconds of 7x production. If you get the not-so-crappy golden cookie outcome (the 10% or 30-minutes whichever is lower) during that time, which happens relatively frequently, suddenly that 30 minutes of production is 30 minutes of the 7x production you are currently running.

This means that the cap on that golden cookie outcome is now much higher, which owns.

Yeah, the double-length thing makes frenzies overlap with the next cookie pretty often. That means the Lucky bonus often becomes 7x better. More than enough to make up for what you spent on the upgrade.

• Locked thread