Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tzen posted:

I tried to work IF-Kampl into the squad but I just couldn't do it. :(
These will be on the bench though:

Rakitic is slow, but is an awesome player when it comes to give goal assists. I love your choice of Jovetic-Dzeko, is my favourite pair of ST this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've only started playing FUT a few days ago since 90% of my time playing FIFA since 09 has been Manager (I know, I know) so I'm still getting used to it. Reading the last pages I came with this squad:

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/5491437/

Right now I don't know where to go. I tried swapping Dzeko for Damjanovic and Cole for Vucinic and worked really well too (thanks to Seltzer). Damjanovic is a loving surprise to me and Klose is a great finisher too. I'm stuck with a serbian defence/GK but no chemistry onwards and I don't know if I just should go Serie A wich would suit my playstyle and forget about Jovetic. Any suggestions? I have only 7k coins and I don't know how to get money efficiently.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Any reason for the Serbian back line? Your fullbacks are far too slow and will get you burned and your goalie kind of sucks.

If I'm honest, I bought Ivanovic and Subotic because the other CB/LB and GK popped out of gold packs. :v:

I built this team without reason at all to be honest. This is the first year I play FUT so I'm just looking at the squads goons show and see what I can learn.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I somehow got sucked by the FUT fever and played A LOT today. This is adictive enough to keep me away from BF4 for days already...
From
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/5491437/
to
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/5526308/

Still a long way to go but this squad is rock solid now and just need to find more Serie A players to do full rotations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

black.lion posted:

Can you do Pro Player/Manager in this one?

Sadly not. Last one you could play Player/Manager was FIFA 12 and I missed that in 13/14 a lot. I always made my pro a CM/CAM and tried to improve shooting asap and built nice teams while in 13/14 you can end in a lovely team for no reason, or when you finally reach a high profile club, it sells all the stars and starts to suck.

Manager or FUT for me now only :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm still a complete newbie regarding FUT and I'm wondering what is a fitness team for. Is it replacing your entire starting 11, subs and reserves for a few matches so they can recover to 99fit? I've been using fitness cards with my Serie A team and I'd like to know if getting a cheap BPL or another gimmick to play some tournaments is worth it. Something like doing a Serbian, or whatever team instead of having to spend money on fitness cards.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This is usually true, but it's always fun to play with an expensive squad even if you do suck! I played Messi, Neymar and TOTY Alves last week and won 2-0. The guy was not very good. As for fitness, having two squads and rotating between them when you get down to ~90 fitness is usually what I do. Spending fitness cards is usually a waste of coin.

I don't have much coins so I guess is easier to just build up a 75ish team and play easy tournaments while I play hard (world class+) seasons. I already had Ivanovic, Milner and Dzeko so I can build a cheapish team for under 10k coins.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Newbie question: Can anyone explain me why Pogba is that good for a Serie A team? I have De Rossi and Marchisio already as CM/CDM. I think I'm missing something because looking at the stats and workrates (M/M) doesn't seem that good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Card ratings can be stupid and not reveal a players true capabilities. Pogba is 79 rated yet has 468 total stats. He also has crazy high 87 strength which is more important this year for pushing players off the ball and muscling into position. Marchisio is 84 rated but has 467 total stats, one less than Pogba. Marchisio is also bad at heading in general compared to Pogba. His only advantages are slightly more speed, and better finishing in the box (which I rarely care about on a CM). You are more prone to take a longshot with a CM and Pogba does that much better as well. If you are looking for a strict CDM I think De Rossi is better, but if you want a CM Pogba really can't be topped. I put the +def +pas card on him, but you could put the +pac +pas card on him as well and he'll be excellent.

That's cool. I play normally with either this:
3-4-1-2

or 4-5-1

Other interesting subs/reserves are: CAM Guarin, Higuain, Hamsik, Lichtsteiner, Quaglariela... etc (futhead isn't working for me right now).

I'm right now saving for Balotelli as it looks like the biggest upgrade to that squad right now, Chiellini over Barzagli and getting Pogba should be good too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo, I just got Pogba like 3 days ago. Will they upgrade my player or will they just release a new card?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welp, if 79 Pogba was good, a winning bid for 81 Pogba for just 11k is priceless. I slapped an Engine card on him and is wonderful with either Marchisio or Rossi.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Not sure what system you play on but 81 Pogba goes for ~9k buyout on xbox. But yea, Pogba is real cool.

PC. 81 Pogba is right now between 13-16k buyout so I guess 11k is a decent deal.

Soulex posted:

The ONLY issue I had with Rossi was his weak foot. Loved him after the fact.

I'm running a 3-4-1-2 and rotate Marchisio, Pogba and De Rossi. I'm saving for IF Lichtsteiner and Chiellini then I'm pretty much done with my serie A squad. Ibarbo and Gomez as subs for Klose/Balotelli and other stuff. After that I'll probably build a second squad that is fun to play but nothing really expensive (I don't mind if it has silver players on it), any suggestion for a good cheap+fun team? I was thinking on building a Russian leage or something like that but I don't know really.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

No Survivors posted:

My portuguese league team is dirt cheap and amazingly good. Russia is good too.
http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=c81fSnWinKUD7:ps3

Thanks! That one looks cool and I may get 11 Russian/Russian Leage players to alternate between them. How would a Russian Leage or full russian team look?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

vivisectvnv posted:

this was mine before i switched to Serie A: http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1105702/

Thanks for these. Any idea why futhead shits itself when I try to add substitute players? I'm on firefox.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Riotgrrill posted:

Yeah, he's ridiculously good. He scores so many goals from outside the box for me.

Guarin > Vucinic > Diamanti for me. Add Klose and Ibarbo as strikers and you're good to go. I'm also in love with IF Lichtsteiner, with Candreva I'll never worry about the RM position in my 3-4-1-2.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mynameisjohn posted:

fifa 14 brings out the worst in people

I think football games in general. It doesn't matter if you play with friends, chilling with a beer or something. People get angry with everything, bonus points if you don't skip a goal replay or celebrations. I have a bunch of friends that play PES because they say is more realistic (:laffo:) and I think they all let their frustrations flow while playing, is insane. Is one of the reasons I avoid playing FIFA/PES multiplayer. I mean, FPS games have angry players but nothing compared to the kicking sports crowd.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The five packs were good to me, Fellaini, Navas, Honda, Lima and a some others that let me complete my Portugal fitness team (is drat fun) and with some money get that Japanese/brazilian team a kind goon posted, the only modification is Rafinha wich I had from an old pack instead of Piszczek from Borussia.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

vivisectvnv posted:

holy market crash, everyone is going to have 5 star teams now

Wasn't hard to get a 5 star team anyways. Serie A isn't expensive and you can get a nice team going in a week or two playing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

FIFA 14: Post your penis.

On topic, is it worth to use Pirlo as CAM? I already have Pogba+Marchisio as CM, with Hernanes and De Rossi as fitness backups. I find hard to change Guarin/Vucinic for Pirlo even if he is an exelent passer/fk kicker.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Soulex posted:

Also, not being able to skip the cinematic opening when you play the first match every single time you want to play the game is loving annoying.

Been playing the demo this weekend on my 360 and holy poo poo if this wasn't annoying as hell. I normally play the demos A LOT but thanks to this I only played like 6 matches. It doesn't feel particulary better than 14 and not being on PC plus the 30€ price is seriously big points to not get this one.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think IF Pogba isn't worth it since the upgraded card is good enough. IF Koscielny is what I'm aiming for (and maybe TOTS Mertesacker) for my BPL squad.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 9, 2014

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

He's playing the horrible trading card game, but doing it single player.

Can you imagine it.

He's doing the same thing but making it more boring and repetitive.

It makes me pretty uncomfortable that someone would do that.

I've been playing FUT for months single player. I don't regret a single match, it's like playing manager but with cards and faster :shepface:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

MIROSLAAAAAAAVVVVVVVV KLOSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Can't wait for him to be doing all that poo poo irl too and break Ronald's record.

The only ST that is as effective as Klose for me on my Serie A 3-4-1-2 is Mario Gomez. Klose is loving awesome overall and if you have good crossers is plain OP, also pair Klose and Ibarbo with Guarin as CAM for more pleasure. :3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welp that's great news since FIFA 14 is the first I play on PC over my 360, now with a bigger reason to get 15 on PC and not get tempted by the console counterpart. Can't wait to see what will offer the new Serie A to FUT :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

At least PC users get the proper release instead of holding it like they did with Fifa14.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I hope this year FUT market on PC isn't as hosed up as on consoles but hey, I don't know if EA bothered patching 14 on PC because it always felt better than the old gen versions (still worse than Xbone/PS4 tho). 15 is looking great and I'm definately preordering it for PC.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

This, I made a real cheap Greek team for my back up squad when the game came out but now the market has become saturated you can make really cheap decent secondaries and never have to use a fitness card again.

This is pretty much what I did. Now I have three Serie A squads and a BPL one linked so now I'm stacking like 90 or so fitness cards wich I just use for giggles.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I guess that I'm joining the sucker idiot moron team, because I did it on pc again :shepface:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm one of the guys that as soon as PES 3 got released on PC stopped playing FIFA, but after PES 6 (wich i keep on my 360), Konami just hosed up the franchise while EA started to do really well after 09 (08 was already decent in my opinion). I played every PES on PC, and from 2008 to 2014, they all are garbage compared to FIFA with all its faults. I play PES from time to time just to get on the mood to come back to FIFA (or just install PES 5 with Wolf patch and enjoy good old gameplay). I'd love to see more competition between both games but is not happening right now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

lolsonic posted:

Americans. Europeans. New Zealanders. We will all have fun together!

http://youtu.be/Pv0PAchVGCw?t=51s

God damnit Fifa thread, that was the last thing I'd spect from here. Meltdowns, sperging, dick-measuring and all that is completely fine but not him. We got hosed in the WC but this hits my inner:spain:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

Apparently shooting is broken in the demo.

I loving love fifa demos because they're from like a 6 month old version of the game and everyone freaks out about everything.

I remember Fifa 13 demo being absolutely terrible then I loved the final release, is like instead of trying to sell their game with something close to what they're shipping they just go "just give them our alpha, they'll buy it anyways". I know I'm buying 15 despite the state of this demo so I'm part of the problem :shepspends:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm trying the demo on PC, at least it looks way way better than 14 graphics wise. It has nice little touches like being able to clear a ball after a sliding tackle, at least to get the ball outside instead of a dead ball close to your goal and throwing in a new ball instead of having the player run 50 yards like a retard to recover it. Other than that, gameplay feels weird like every other fifa demo but can see the potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have to admit that for a fifa demo, it looks promising. And holy poo poo, i can't get enough replays with grass flying around.

• Locked thread