Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
When is Taff going to be my horrible Co Op Seasons partner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am getting used to the new passing a bit now and it seems better. I don't really see the improvement in corners/headers myself but I never had much trouble scoring them last season either way.

If the patch this and tweak it a bit like the standard 2-3 times I think it could be the best jump in quality for FIFA ever, we shall wait and see.

However, Pro Clubs is awful now it seems, at least to me. The AI players are all so low it's pathetic, I think they really want to stop the deleting and creating a new club constantly to actually have better players. My buddies and I use to roll with an ANY player but so far playing without one is the only way to not have the most terrible defense ever.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I think defending is way easier/better in this game as well. You guys must just be doing it wrong, hold B down, don't just tap it.

Also, the biggest complaint is yeah, 40 yard finesse rockets into the corner of the net like it ain't no thang. My friend and I were on a 10 game unbeaten run on Pro Clubs just us two and we almost lost to a 40 yard shot from a lovely newer pro that slammed the back of the net. After he hit that early on he just kept trying shots from distance all game (was having trouble getting close enough anyway..) but he literally came inches from it every single time and did manage to hit another late on.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

sassassin posted:

lovely newer pros are 75 rated. They've got the stats to do pretty much anything game one.

75 vs the 90 or so they top out at is a huge difference and no, 75 can't really do ANYTHING... They are better than the AI but still a lot of lovely play when you are that low.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

sassassin posted:

A 75 can do anything your average Prem player can do, at least. You see 40-yard rockets in league 2, so it's silly to get mad about them.

You are missing the point entirely, sure they happen, they've always happened on FIFA as well. Now though they happen far too frequently and are much too easy for an average Joe to hit, let alone someone with skill who can get it down and hit them like they are nothing.

You don't see the best long shooters in the world hitting a 40 yard screamer every match, sometimes more than once...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

sassassin posted:

You don't see 10 game unbeaten runs every day either. You're the unrealistic one imho.

Arsenal. Also, when people suck at a video game you sure do.

It's funny you are trying to argue that it isn't a big deal when literally everyone in this thread has bitched about how broken and overpowered long finesse shots are in this game.

Oh whatever, marginally skilled players and their Pros should be able to hit them and nullify the point of a defense most of the time, gently caress it right? Do you work for EA?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

sassassin posted:

Nice try, half the posts in this thread are complaining about pace and chipped through balls. And the other half are pissflaps saying he's not going to buy it.

Did you have an issue with long shots in the 10 games before the one you're whinging about?

07 was pretty bad but it was on a new console and yeah, just less programming. I think 10/11 Had pretty cheap angled finesse shots as well, but not from so far out. There are problems every game of course.

This problem is one of the cheapest and stupidest there is because you can't really do much to defend against them as I've said. They just blast it when they get into your third and have a considerably high chance of scoring when in reality most of those hits would be smashing a child in the stands in the face.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I have a 24 gold packs code for xbox if anyone wants to Paypal me a bit of cash for it?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pissflaps posted:

Only boring people get bored.

For you it's free.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Played the game enough now to say, this game loving sucks.

The most annoying thing I noticed happens constantly is the keeper when making a save he doesn't hold onto, almost every single time he will parry back into play. It doesn't matter who it is, they parry it at the forwards for the other team to get tap ins. It seems very obviously scripted and probably a third of the goals in this loving terrible game come from those rebounds.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Awesome Animals posted:

You should upgrade your keeper

I don't play FUT, it happens on h2h with world class teams.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

cb rocks posted:

That sub board bug is hilarious.

Playing last night on 360 with a friend he had a weird bug where in half the matches we played there was no ball visible for him. I could see it fine. Has anyone else come across this?

I still managed to lose 2-0 in one of the games with the missing ball :(

Have him delete his saved poo poo off his hard drive and it will unglitch.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Eboracum posted:

I tend to play on 'attacking' with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and I really don't play possession football but it seems like I'm always getting caught on the counters.

I haven't tried bringing a CB really far back to counter the high balls as I assumed that ruining my flat back four would leave huge gaps down the side / play people onside.

I think my biggest problem is that I need to work on shielding the ball / tricks. I'm good at passing and finishing but my dribbling leaves a lot to be desired.

Hold down B more and make sure to really press the gently caress out of a Striker running on to the ball. Unless it's like Zlatan or someone of that ilk you should be able to push them off the ball or give enough pressure for them to miss or something most of the time.

Just remember HOLD B, don't tap it like I use to and you'll actually fight for it and not fall down or lose position like a jackass.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I swear there is a huge button lag on many games online. One game your passing will be smooth and normal, the next sluggish and awful. It can't all be down to tactics. this happens even with all the big 5 star teams. Game is hosed.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Coming back to say about the lag. I lag probably 1/4 of games now because I pick a top team to make it more likely I get a good connection (I use to lag nearly every game). I almost never lose if the game isn't lagging.

I really think many people were so turned off with the game early on because of this lag. It isn't noticeable at first if you don't know what to look for, but it happens all the loving time. I have now resorted to using the "Avoid Player" feature anytime I get a game that has terrible lag. Seems to work out pretty well.

Next year if they want to keep the whole "You can't see who you are playing before the match and there is no 5 minutes to test the connection" bullshit, they should at least as the game is queuing up show you a connection latency with the obvious green/yellow/red and you can choose to connect to the opponent or not.

Of course they won't do this obvious good idea but I can hope.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Taff posted:

Are you still on Xbox Tfowl, I'd love to play against you again

Yes but you'll lag like gently caress since you are in the UK. I'd give it a go though. Waiting to switch to the new console until the next FIFA comes out..

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Hegay posted:

i hate this game but have been having decent fun with
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7826284/

Mertesacker is seriously the best CB i've played with in this game, which sounds strange cause I'm usually a huge pace whore

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I've had 4 games in maybe the last 10-12 just randomly disconnect me right at the start of the game after kickoff for a loss. Anyone else been having this happen?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Just made it to the final in UT World Cup mode, won 3-2 after coming back twice. Then the game says "error, disconnecting UT". I come back and I have a loss, no coins or bonus coins, no player.. nothing. loving piece of poo poo game. Seriously, it's loving terrible.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

I think mines about 4%

yr poo poo mate

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Here comes tfowl with his trolling hat on, next he's going to try claiming he once beat me in a game of Fifa despite me handing out multiple smackdowns to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcnTBLTorO0

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stotty posted:

Imagine creating an "elite" 360 Parmos team and then inviting T. Fowl and Scickar

you'd be getting a goal a game striker or a fierce take no poo poo CDM, take your pick

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
parmos were terrible when i played with them but everyone was loving around and laughing so it was ok because it was fun in that way

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

The key part being when you played with them

the record was terrible before i ever played taff

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
i'll be bringing my borat impression with me to fifa 15, but if you want the laughs you'll probably need to buy a ps4, im leaning on jumping on the bandwagon.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Duncan Sperguson posted:

We already have a B Sagdiyev, is nice, I like

there is no way their impression is as accurate and cool as mine, ask taff

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Dirk Pitt posted:

I bought FIFA 14 twice. For 360 and xbone. I enjoy the game and now that I have manual passing it is a whole lot more fun.

Who ever was asking about crossing, i use use left bumper on almost all my crosses.

Do you think the one version is a lot better than 360? It may give me hope that 15 will be good when I upgrade to one of the new consoles.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I played half a game at the store once on the one version, it did seem a lot better but I thought maybe it was because there was no connection lag since I never play offline whenI am home.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

hopterque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dDHWCZH9ZA

This is gonna own so hard, even though it's apparently only visual and doesn't affect how they play.

It would own if you could foul the same player several times until he gets frustrated and started arguing with the ref and getting up in peoples faces and then gets a yellow card.

Can't wait to have all my on screen players constantly shocked and disgusted at how badly I'm playing.

I have a feeling this feature is going to be near non existent on multiplayer unfortunately...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

I cant imagine how disgusted my virtual pro would look at seeing players like you or emanresu tnuocca lose the ball AGAIN

he'd probably just shrug and eat a kebab at half time AGAIN

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

hopterque posted:

If you're getting a ps4 anyway, sure, but I would skip it on ps3 and wouldn't buy a console just for fifa when you can get the same version of the game on pc.

You're assuming everyone has a pc good enough to play it though. Who is going to buy a new gen console and only play one game?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The new FIFA comes with a stress doll of John Terry that you can bash around so you don't have to be humiliated making posts in this forum.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Is there a list of which goons are getting fifa on Xbox One and which goons are getting fifa on PS4?

It'd help me decide which to get

At the moment I havent seen a single goon say theyre getting it on xbox one, but its still more attractive than playing with some of the awful people who said they're getting it on ps4

90% leaning PS4, awfulness commence.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Awesome Animals posted:

No it won't. Or in an attempt to fix it something else will be insanely broken.

Something has to be broken so it can be fixed in 2016.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The worst was how they decided this year keepers will lightly jog back to the goal after coming out, even when the opponent has possession and can chip it in from long range.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

I bought a ps4 so prepare yourselves playstation gamers

I should do this but my best bud is refusing to make the switch.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am still on the fence on buying Xbox One or PS4, and I just found out through the Origin account you can get your experience rank and FIFA points still even switching from xbox 360 to PS4.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

You should get an xbox one for sure

Let me guess, you got a ps4?

edit: The PS4 has also sold 10 million units compared to 5 for the Xbox, and roughly a third of PS4 purchasers have jumped from 360 to PS4.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 26, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah he defo should.

Taff, you bought a PS4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

African AIDS cum posted:

Playing the demo now and drat, it is bad. Sucks rear end. Cancel pre-orders while you can, this one is a stinker. EA you loving apes!

it's good i think.

• Locked thread