Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.

Teek posted:

I think the white oak stake was the only thing which could kill them. There's only one of those left.

VD wikipedia says that the white oak stake is indeed the only thing that can kill them and the daggers dipped in the white oak ash is the only thing that can put them to sleep. Maybe these were dipped and we just couldn't tell.

I'm kind of confused about what Marcel's plan is. He wants to look into killing Originals, but that seems dumb to me. He can't kill Klaus because Klaus sired him. So he'd be killing himself and probably all of his friends. I guess he can kill Elijah, but to what end? Witches only live as long as humans, so he'll only have his magic ace in the hole for so long. If he kills Klaus' brother, he has to know he's signed his own death warrant and he'd only have the protection for a few decades. He doesn't know about Klaus' baby deal, so as far as he knows, the Originals could just wait out his witch and then kill the poo poo out of him.

Also, I hope they come up with some explanation for why the other witches didn't just tell them about the super witch and just lay out what their plan really is. Maybe given the sire link, their actual plan is to kill Klaus somehow. That'd pretty much wipe out all the vampires in the area most likely and solve all their problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Midnight City posted:

Did they power him down though? I can't even remember what flimsy excuse they gave for Klaus not just murdering the gently caress out of Marcel? Did they even give one, or just get tired of coming up with them and stopped bothering?

If I recall correctly, the witches said that he couldn't because there was a specific plan and rules he had to follow or they'd kill his baby. I'm not confident that once the "plan" is fleshed out, if there even ends up being one, it will answer your question clearly, but you could probably just fall back on, "he doesn't want to outright kill him." At the least I wouldn't say it's clear that's what he wants at this point.

Anyway, I thought it was a bit silly that Rebekah was so upset with Klaus at the end there. Wasn't it pretty much agreed by everyone that that witch was going to die anyway? They didn't find out where that other witch is, but what does she care? All she wanted was Elijah back, which Klaus just said was all but accomplished. Plus even if they found the location, they didn't seem to have a plan to get Elijah away from the super witch guarding him. So, if anything Klaus' plan was better for her.

Also, jeez, how dumb is Hayley? Did she really think that sounded like Croatian, Bulgarian, or Belarusian? Even if she didn't really know what Latin sounded like, you'd think it'd be among her first considerations for "possessed witch speech."

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

deety posted:

I'm liking The Originals so far as well, because crafty Klaus is way more interesting than murder spree Klaus.

I would strongly disagree with that. Murder spree Klaus is the best Klaus. The problem with Klaus in Vampire Diaries was that he was always threatening people with death, but rarely ever followed through. It was just "If you don't do X, I'll kill Y" over and over again until it became redundant. But when he went on the hybrid/Tyler's mom murder spree,it was one of my favorite moments in the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YTsnaTOstA

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

So, let me get this straight. Rebekkah, who's always whining about how horrible and untrustworthy Klaus is and how he ruined her life, not only plotted to bury him alive (which is way worse than daggering) but also was the one that turned her father onto Klaus? Dude literally came close to killing him. That's drastically worse than anything he's done to her. What a hypocrite.

I'm also sick of Hayley always calling Klaus evil. Hey, remember when you purposefully sacrificed those 12 hybrids to Klaus in exchange for info on your family? Yeah, you're a shithead too.

• Locked thread