Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Pattonesque posted:

I'm up for multiple scenes of the party interacting in non-combat situations. It's something Bioware's writers are half-decent at.

Reference; the entirety of the Citadel DLC. :allears:

Seriously, that poo poo was more enthralling to me than the entire trilogy's main arc. If they can stuff even a fraction of that personality into the party-interactions of Inquisition, I won't give a drat how lovely the actual story is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Spaceking posted:

Do we know the actual time period this game takes place in? If Morrigan is running around, presumably it takes place Post-origins. So if that's the case, might we see the Archfiend Baby at some point?

Unless it has been stated specifically, the assumption is that, with Cassandra and Varric both being in your party, the game takes place ~10 years after the events of Origins, plus or minus a bit of spare change. DA2 has come and gone, and the timeline for the events in Kirkwall set the minimum of pretty much a decade passing. Assuming they don't add a few years on top of that, of course.

e: On a completely unrelated note- Oh. Oh boy. This... this looks to be quite a read.
Bioware on Race, Romance, and (R)Time in Dragon Age

Generic American fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 12, 2013

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

If I remember correctly, he was screaming in pain but he enjoyed it at the same time.

And people say Bioware's games are too kinky... :smug:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

oswald ownenstein posted:

... and was way more fun than Leliana who was super annoying. :colbert:

Them's fightin' words, my friend. :clint:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, as disappointing as the result might be, I'm definitely thinking that our most likely option is going to be one VA per gender, possibly with some slight remixing and pitch adjustments to make it Dwarfy or Qunari-ish, and the mannerisms excused by a common backstory. While it'd be awesome to have something akin to Origins, where each possibility has a distinct starting point, I'd wager on one shared "you were abandoned at the Chantry's doorstep as a child, and raised among humans". So you're culturally just a funny-looking human. Unless you actually play a human, in which case, what is wrong with you? :v:

Though if Bioware does opt for the many choices of The Old Republic, I'd honestly be sold enough to forgive a ~lot~ of other potential bullshit.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Cloche posted:

dragonageseries.txt

I mean, none of it's groundbreaking or anything, but just going by the codex and junk the setting has a few actually decent concepts that got squandered bigtime by the blandest execution ever.

This is also a huge thing in the Elder Scroll series, most notably Oblivion and Skyrim. Reading all of the in-game books and back story, the lore gets loving weird but in the game itself, you only ever get generic fantasy stereotypes. :saddowns:

Generic American fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 5, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

ElrondHubbard posted:

I think you're being a bit unfair. Bioware went through the trouble of also making a series of novels, comic books, and an anime that poo poo all over Origins and even DAII (vomit inducing as the thought might be).
Let's be even more fair; they did the same with Mass Effect. :v: Bioware has a long, illustrious career of making GBS threads precisely where they serve their five-star meals.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Kurtofan posted:

Isn't the blonde elf a lady?
If only I had a nickel for every time someone asked this question... :v:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Lotish posted:

edit: Speaking of Gaider's tumblr, he just posted this for Vivienne

David Gaider posted:

To Vivienne, there are no impractical clothes, only impractical people. Her magnificent attire is a sign of her station, the jewel of the high court of Orlais where wealth, power, and beauty are inextricably linked.

A thousand arrows would pierce her breast before Vivienne would don beaten steel for so base an urge as protection. If one must wear armor, then have it flatter the form. Hide it beneath fine fabrics more becoming of one’s status, for steel alone will not protect you from the barbed tongues of Orlais.

To dress for comfort or purpose is a scandal—fashion and splendor are all that matter to Vivienne. Shower yourself in gold, let only the finest silks grace your skin, and wear a king’s ransom in pearls and silver upon your feet. Leave the stained tunics and rough cloaks to the commoners and their mud farms–a proper Orlesian climbs mountains in her evening gown, standing taller at the summit in her formidable high-heeled shoes.
You know, I really want to like this character because she is Orlesian as gently caress and I love it. That said, however, I can't help but hate her already, because that hat is an abomination and a travesty to all things fashionable, and should be set ablaze. :colbert:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

MadJackMcJack posted:

I hope spell effects still show during cutscenes. Nothing like being on fire to give a dramatic scene that extra edge.
Speaking as someone who played an Arcane Warrior... gently caress that. :colbert:
Not to mention just how loving awful Leliana's bard buffs looked, to the point where I would just turn them off completely. Ugh.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Pulling unique faces from old saves seems like a complete pipe-dream to me, honestly. With dwarves or humans, it's possible, but elves have changed so drastically since we last had the chance to play them that I doubt Bioware would be able to morph those old faces into the new style without looking like mutants. It's just not going to happen, and would be a massive waste of resources. My best guess is that each potential Warden will just be a defined character with a male/female alternation at most, with everything else falling down to what class they are.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

First Bass posted:

The real question is if BioWare can write a believable human (you know what I mean) being as opposed to a walking stereotype/amalgamation of creepy tropes.
Going by their track record? It's pretty much a lock. Maybe moreso Mass Effect than Dragon Age, but people hoist Bioware to the top of the industry for their standard of quality for characters. Really, the only blatant stand-out one in my book is probably Merril as far as being "an amalgamation of creepy tropes". And probably Isabela as well, though I'm hesitant to actually put her on the same level due to her portrayal in the first game being much more balanced...

The real question is whether those believable humans will be absolutely insufferable, like Anders. :v:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Am I the weird one here? Because other than the stuff specifically about the endings which isn't even unique to Bioware (seriously, "[x number of] endings" is such blatant marketing speak that I've never taken it seriously, whether we're talking The Witcher or Fallout), this is nowhere near the standard that they set during the Dragon Age II pre-release. It's pretty bland listing of cool features that might or might not work or even matter, and I don't see anything that's really worth mocking yet unless you really try to stretch things.

Or is this thread just kicking into another "haha, Bioware sucks, am I right" phase?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Krowley posted:

Mordin's voice is modulated though, isn't it? I don't watch animes or whatever so I don't follow or even recognize these voice actors they typically use but I don't think the guy naturally talks like a frogman.
Counter-point; the voice actor for Garrus literally talks exactly like the character all the time, and he looks nothing like a bipedal dinosaur-birdman. :colbert:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

C'mon, goons, I expect better of you. How are neither of those links this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3zz9qNM7I
Tell me more about chicken strips, Garrus. :swoon:

Generic American fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 31, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

So, Bioware just added some merchandise to their store that I'm sure Dragon Age fans in this thread will appreciate!
Don't read the URL. Seriously, it will ruin the surprise.
Be sure to try buying it! :v:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Kibayasu posted:

I don't think Hale can change her voice much when compared to someone like Nolan North or has quite possibly never been asked to, but she voices emotion and inflection very well. Trishka may sound like Shan but you better believe she will kill your dick.

The girl's got range, that much is certain. I used to have a video on my YouTube favorites list of an interview with her (during the MGS4 buzz) where on request, she pulled out this crazy little kid voice that was jarring as hell to see come out of her, directly after doing her stereotypical "Jennifer Hale as" Naomi voice. But sadly, it was taken down quite awhile ago apparently and I can't seem to find a copy. :argh:

So I'd definitely put her in the same category as Steve Blum- maybe not in skill or the amount of range, but in just being pigeonholed into That One Voice.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 1, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Unless it really was a bug that has since been fixed, the Orlesian Warden is only ever used when you do not import world states. In every other case, no matter what decisions you made in the main game, you play as the original Warden, and Ultimate Sacrifice endings do not (or at least, should not) "lock" anyone out of Awakening- when used for an imported save, the Warden is just magically assumed to have survived with no explanation given. From what I remember, it was a conscious choice by Bioware so that players who did make the sacrifice wouldn't "be stuck with some new character" while everyone else got to play with their old characters.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 1, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

KittyEmpress posted:

Mass Effect one has the broken whiny Kaiden,
Uh, what? Kaidan? Broken? He's one of the most mentally stable characters to ever be in Shepard's crew, aside from maybe Jacob ":geno:" Taylor. Even when talking about his tragic past with biotic training, it has the tone of a guy who has already dealt with his poo poo long before this conversation and is just telling you for the sake of context. And I never really got a whiny vibe from him at all, after putting aside the instinctive baggage of basically being Elvis Carth.

Don't get me wrong, you're spot on with the rest, but I don't think Kaidan even comes near qualifying for that category.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Kibayasu posted:

The singing doesn't sound anything like her normal voice. I've never bothered to check but I'm pretty sure its not the voice actress who does her speaking lines. It's basically the model weirdly trying to lip synch to a - not sure how to say it - operatic song? One woman choir? One of those mournful and/or uplifting orchestral songs that just sounds like someone making up words to match the music.

For the record, you're spot on here. The singer is Aubrey Ashburn, who also does a few other "opera-esque" songs on the soundtrack like "I Am The One", not Leliana's actress. To this day, I still have no idea what the gently caress the person who put that it in was thinking- it's so jarring that I can't fathom seeing it as a good idea. It sounds nothing like her, doesn't even sound like someone singing by a campfire, and is a complete bottle-sequence with no greater meaning to her character.

And that's not even bringing up the horrifying animation. :stare:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

SirDrone posted:

It's also out of character on Justice's part to become unstable and make Anders lash out, like is it the same character or what?.
I want to make it clear up front before I say this that Anders is a lovely, horrible character. THAT SAID, the one aspect I did like was how it made a twisted kind of sense for him to develop that way, at least in regards to merging with Justice. It made for a bad character, but I can still at least appreciate the basic logic behind it.

On the one hand, you have Anders who, as shown in Awakening, is a sniveling "gently caress you, got mine" type of guy who wants to escape the Templars and just be free for a change. But, when pressed on standing up for the plight of other mages, he makes it a point to keep his head down and just help himself. Their freedom is their problem, after all, and those who stick their necks out for others only make it easier to cut. There's also the assumption that, as a mage, he's seen some horrible poo poo go down in terms of oppression by the Templars. He's a selfish little creature who is content to seek his own salvation and leave the larger issue to the martyrs.

Then you have Justice, who by his very nature, his detached from his duty. He doesn't have a personal stake in what he does; he is simply compelled to seek out justice at a basic, instinctual level and doesn't ever show the ability to restrain himself from that urge. The justice never affects him, though- he's just the sword of an executioner in his purpose, and doesn't show any real nuance in his thinking. Everything to him is black and white, just and unjust. He's not even human, so he can't parse anything beyond guilty or innocent based on the context of the crime.

So, what do you get when you haphazardly mash those two together? You get an Anders who now feels an urge at his very core to dole out justice for everything he has witnessed in his life against the Templars, and is no longer capable of just looking out for himself. He can no longer see the shades of gray- from his perspective, mages were the victims, so after merging with Justice, that is the viewpoint he sticks to. And likewise, Justice is no longer impartial, as everything he does is tainted by the experiences and bias of Anders, skewing everything off from that detached "right/wrong" spectrum while still keeping the arbitrary need to categorize everything into one of the two. Anders and Justice are pretty much the worst possible combination at a conceptual level, and it results in a raving lunatic who simply can't live with everything he has seen, driven to madness by everything he has seen that now eats away at him from within each and every day, to the point that he can only keep trying to fix a complex piece of machinery by repeatedly bashing it with a hammer to see if it somehow works.

Again, the writing doesn't hold up and he's just an irritating fucker throughout the game, but I at least like the basis of what they were trying to do (or at least, what I assume they were trying to do), even if I loathed every inch of the execution.

Compendium posted:

I loathe the execution because it doesn't even loving explain how the merger with Justice and Anders happened. It was a crucial detail that was kind of hand waved to hell making whatever ending you achieved in Awakening really confusing.
Oh yeah, that's another huge flaw, and really, is a common problem throughout Dragon Age II. The action always starts ~after~ the interesting things have happened between characters. From the first time we meet Anders, the merge has already happened when it's by far the biggest part of his arc and should be something that is given focus. Between each act, we never get to see these friendships forming or the city unraveling- it's all told to us after the fact, and we as players are expected to just fill those gaps on our own... for some reason.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 11, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, there's not much that will feel more thematically appropriate to me than my mage Warden's funeral scene after taking down the Archdemon, where to honor her memory, Alistair decided to abolish the Circle of Ferelden that she had spent the entire game railing against as a lovely system at every given opportunity. Of course, Dragon Age II taints that as well with the certainty that all of those freed mages would go on to burn every goddamn thing to the ground by summoning demons each time they stub a toe.

But goddamn it if I won't keep that feelgood ending as my personal canon. :unsmith: The god baby ending always seemed like such a cheap cop-out to me after experiencing that.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

quote:

"We want Inquisition to be an experience you can take with you - to [...] bed."
Let's be honest. We all knew this is where things would naturally lead. :suicide:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

And I'm curious here - any time romances are mentioned in this thread or the ME3 one it's almost entirely negative, but I have enjoyed several Video Game Romances. Even BioWare ones! Not to say DAO's toy doll bump & grind wasn't embarrassing, or that any of the codependent pairings in DA2 were even approaching decent, but there are several BioWare romances throughout its history that are fine enough and allow for some enjoyable moments. Does anyone posting in this thread enjoy them for anything beyond the camp factor?
:hfive:

I rag on them a lot, but it's more of a playful teasing in my case. There are certainly quite a few moments that make me sigh, or just outright uncomfortable, but in general, I'd be disappointed if they were just gone. But then again, I'm also an absolute sucker for love stories, so that probably feeds into it! Playing Dragon Age celibate, for instance, felt kind of hollow to me. There was nothing to replace the sense that my various Wardens were fighting for something personal, instead of just vanquishing the big bad villain. The sex scenes, I would gladly shove out the door and not miss for a moment, but the romance itself is definitely worth keeping in my opinion. Even the bad ones are something, and it's well worth the risk if it means we might get an actual decent one in the bunch.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Crappy Jack posted:

It's their handling that bothers me so much. Like how the culmination of the relationship is a sex scene, and then there's basically no more content in the relationship arc. Congrats, you had sex, achievement unlocked, now you're done with that entire plotline. That and the aforementioned "All or nothing" with romances. If you're not having sex with Garrus, he just sits in the basement of the ship forever. There's not as much focus on non-sexual relationships and you always get the feeling you're missing out on content if you're not seducing somebody. I like the idea of characters developing relationships, and romances are a good way of doing that, but the sex being the endpoint is a really weird thing for me.
Oh yeah, that's a massive issue and a complaint I would make as well. But a lot of the time, the topic seems to boil down to a flat "romance is silly and bad", instead of it just being the execution (and I do legitimately like some parts, even with the bad stuff). Like I said, I wouldn't blink if they ripped out the sex scenes entirely, since it's so... What's a good word to describe it? Shallow? Pointless? They hold no meaning, and are just thrown in for audience appeal. Off the top of my head, literally the only point in a Bioware game that I remember where it actually has a purpose is the scene with Morrigan in the god baby ending. Aside from that case, they exist purely in a vacuum of meaninglessness like some weird award for "beating" that part of the game. "Congratulations, you are now in love. Have a sex scene with your 'cheevo! Now let's never mention this again."

And friendship paths for all characters are one of my biggest desires for all Bioware games going forward, with Mass Effect 2 probably being the biggest offender there in pissing me off. Playing as FemShep, Jack wants nothing to do with you beyond dumping her backstory, so it would've been great to be able to get that same type of "conclusion" to her arc as in the romance path, but without the magic dick curing her trauma. Or Ashley in the third game, who I think I had a total of two whole conversations with before hitting the wall of "I have nothing else to say" canned dialogue. Ugh. It'd be soooooo much better if any romance was simply a variation of the relationship arc instead of being the entire second half locked behind a "do you want to gently caress me, y/n" dialogue gate.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Drifter posted:

I'd also always forgotten that they'd been living in Kirkwall for like 7 years by the time that poo poo happened, right?

The passage of time was such an ineffective visualization.
That's because there is none. Barring the statue in the docks being built after the Qunari uprising and broken in Act 3, the city is pretty much static. It's entirely informed that so much time has passed.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

MoreLikeTen posted:

Probably pissing in the cereal bowl level drivel or whatever. I don't think I've ever interacted with a video game's extended universe books or animes or whatever. They always seem like cheap cash-ins. Is there a gold standard for this kind of thing, or is it always just a guilty pleasure?
Hey now, I wouldn't assume it's that bad. Deception, said book with cereal pissing (which never actually happens, for the record! Two entirely separate stupid events! :eng101:), was written by freelance writer William C. Dietz, who is uniquely awful. The rest of Bioware's stuff has been... Well, I would never venture to say good, but decent enough. For EU fiction, at least. For context, Dietz also had the honor of writing "Halo: The Flood" during their initial book trilogy... Need I elaborate? There's a reason they leaned on Eric Nylund to finish out the rest, let me just say that.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Man, that looks so... novelly. It's like the equivalent of the Mass Effect 2 cover art. I like the style, but I can't quite put my finger on why it doesn't seem like something for a game. :psyduck:

e: Edited for English because it's hard, yo.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 21, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Structurally, the Witcher 2 is a pretty great game, yeah. But by far, it's greatest sin is casting ":geno:" Geralt as the lead-character. Christ alive, I found Hawke more sympathetic as a character than him, and when the game constantly orbits such a wooden character, it drags the overall impression down quite a few notches for me on presentation alone.

That, and clown-suits. So many clown-suits. 90% of the armor was loving hideous, and there wasn't even that much variety to speak of.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

DentedLamp posted:

I imagine that with the more... JRPG elements Bioware has recently been adding to their games, players will just end up fighting a Literal God, a la the FF series.
Bioware beat you by nine years there, bucko. In Jade Empire, you literally fight two incarnations of a god. :eng101:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Drifter posted:

The red choice is Morrigan's son, the blue choice is Varric, the Green choice is you Dog!
:colbert:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Lotish posted:

I haven't read any of these things, but I thought that book was written by a freelancer and Bioware simply never bothered to read it before publishing it. Which isn't really better, but whatever.
Not just any freelancer, but William C. Dietz. I've mentioned it in a prior post, but... he's not very good, and has a history of it. Not even to suggest that Karpyshyn's novels before that were anything but airport schlock, but Deception's unique magnitude of poo poo goes beyond anything you can just explain by saying "Bioware".

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Lotish posted:

I looked the guy up and he's not at all what I imagined. Dude is pushing 70. Makes me wonder if he put the cereal pissing scene in just to see if the people he worked for even read what he wrote before publishing anymore.
Because I'm such a glutton for suffering and actually read the drat book out of morbid curiosity... I feel compelled to point out that there actually isn't a "cereal pissing" scene. That's two separate instances that get mashed together in criticism for some reason; at one point in the story while playing sniper, Kai Leng is so super hardcore that he just pisses in a vase instead of taking a bathroom break so he can keep stalking some target, and in an entirely separate point, he eats a bowl of cereal in Anderson's apartment, because he's an "adrenaline junkie" who liked the thrill of it.
(Oh God, why do I know this, just loving end it :smithicide:)

But yeah, I wouldn't bank on him being some secret troll testing Bioware's attention. He also wrote Halo: The Flood, which was panned as awful even by game novel standards, and from the context of those scenes he wrote, it definitely doesn't seem like he just slipped them in as a joke. I mean, it's possible, but it's the classic problem of good trolls, where it's either straight-faced stupidity or too subtle to tell apart from straight-faced stupidity. It slipped by Bioware regardless, don't get me wrong, but none of Deception really sticks out as a guy taking the piss (no pun intended!) out of his own work.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I'm going to be boring and probably go female human at first, until I get a feel for how much "give" the game has in differentiating characters. If I can, say, bring up different backstories in dialogue, or just pick them as an origin in character creation that flavors the character, and those sorts of things. From there, I'm going to branch out and go Elf and Qunari pretty much immediately for a more... adversarial playthrough. :black101:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Crappy Jack posted:

Oh, yeah, and then the Exile dies. Like, just gets killed in a fight. So there's that epic conclusion.
Even worse... She gets stabbed in the back, because she was distracted by Revan getting his rear end handed to him on a silver-platter.
The Exile, who made a career as a general commanding entire armies with precision and was hailed for her skills as a cunning tactician, forgot that she had a turncoat Sith standing behind her. :sigh:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

megalodong posted:

I don't know which is better: the "islamic borg" Qunari being an anagram of Qurani ("My Quran"), or THEDragonAgeSetting.

Looking forward to seeing what the imaginative geniuses at bioware come up with this time!
Please, do tell us all what magnificent name you would choose for your original fantasy setting! By all means, share your creative wisdom and blind us all with your brilliance. :allears:

Seriously, that line of complaint is such horseshit, and it makes me a bit annoyed every time it comes up to see it raised to the level of actually horrible poo poo that Bioware has done like that Islamic Borg "inspiration". It works. It's not an inherently stupid name, far as I can tell. So what if they got to that point by noticing an abbreviated nickname actually worked as a title? What are the correct and incorrect ways to name something in fiction? It's a silly story about how the name came to be, but treating as anything more significant just reeks of bitter pedantry to me, like we're making an active effort to invent new arbitrary rules that Bioware has broken just so we can bitch and moan some more.

epitasis posted:

I think it's dumb when your creative processes are inherently transparent. I think it's dumb when the first town you visit is named Lord of the Rings.
That must be where the disconnect is, because to me, it's pretty far from transparent. If it hadn't been pointed out to me, I never would've been able to guess as much. Literally the only hints to go off of are the fact that "d" and "a" are both adjacent to each other. The rest is incidental that only falls into place after the revelation, when you know to look for it.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 1, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Dan Didio posted:

If a game as invested in being cinematic and filmic as Mass Effect ended with a powerpoint presentation, that would be very silly.
So... What you're saying is that Mass Effect should have instead ended with a slow-motion montage of our party members doing their own things, all set to a tear-jerking rendition of a Celine Dion song? :v:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Dan Didio posted:

What, you don't like Celine Dion?
You are under the assumption that I was being sarcastic, good sir. I was not. :colbert: (Okay, maybe a little. :ssh:)

You put one of her songs right after that conversation with Anderson on the Citadel and roll the credits there? I probably would've ~balled like a loving baby~... even if it meant I'd poke fun at the ending after the fact.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 3, 2014

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Furism posted:

Would be a good fit for your Wolves howling at the moon t-shirt, that's for sure!

I dunno, looks pretty fuckin' sweet to me, brah. :colbert:

But on a more serious note- anyone who looks at that unicorn and declares that to be the straw to break the camel's back? I feel perfectly comfortable throwing out their opinions on pretty much everything, because holy poo poo does it not compare to what has already come and gone. If anything, the shield looks the dumbest thing in that pack to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Red Bones posted:

Can you equip armour on your party members in this game or are they just doing the ME2/ME3/DA2 thing where everyone has a couple of costumes?
Awhile ago, they held a panel on "unique" armor for each companion, to where one suit of armor would automatically adjust to have a different style depending on who you put it on- the examples given were Cassandra and the Warden, I believe, just to show how it would vary. But that was quite a ways back, so things might have changed since. :ohdear:

• Locked thread