Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Here's a tip for everyone that will ever read this thread:

-Never group with pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

victrix posted:

Either:

1 Tank, 5 DPS, 2 Healers

or

1 Tank, 4 DPS, 3 Healers

Fixed that for you.

I can't believe people still can't understand the concept that the difference between PLD and WAR is minimal at best.

Edit: On that note, a WAR is safe at 6k hp, if you know what you're doing titan is a joke regardless of gear. Sure you shouldn't go in as a fresh 50, but you need minimal upgrades to run titan hm on farm.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 23, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

KaneTW posted:

That doesn't change that Kotaku is uttet journalistic trash that doesn't deserve any views. Jesus Christ both of you are ridiculously dense.

I mean, kotaku is terrible and all but it's drawing attention to a very important subject. Why are you being so dense about a game you like getting recognition for doing something right?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Looks like the quarry in Thanalan?

Could also be the waterfall by the Warrior trainer north of Costa Del Sol, Eastern La Noscea.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Friar John posted:

Yeah, I joined PBC as well, and I'm really new - should I switch over to DGKK?

Also, how often should I be buying or finding new equipment? I'm Lancer 21, but my item level is still about 13. My major slots are either minimum level 18 or 20, but my rings and such haven't been upgraded since the start. Are there certain quests I should take to up my equipment level?

Item level means nothing until 50. Don't get caught up on it at all.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

seorin posted:

If the goldsmith master book is indicative of the rest, they're hilariously not worth it. It only had four recipes: Rose Gold Gear (to trade in for your new gear), Gold Ingot (used to craft some new ilvl 90 myth items), Ruby (to make carbuncle furniture), and Gold Spectacles (ilvl 90 myth healer head). Considering it costs over 100k seals to get, it's a pretty bad tradeoff.

At least I can make the chairbuncle for my FC, though. :unsmith:

What else could you possibly be spending seals on though? I know for a fact that my character has been capped for at least 2 months now.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Meiteron posted:

This, more or less. After a few hours of fruitless attempts I've basically abandoned the new relic path entirely, because:

A)This poo poo is getting changed, there is no way this kind of system stays in the this game as it's designed beyond 2.25 at max

B)If it doesn't, I am completely fine abandoning relics as a concept and sticking to TT -> Levi -> Soldiery weapon. If they've started adding comparative weapons to relic in the same patch now as opposed to one patch later like 2.0->2.1, there is no way I'm dropping time into such a system when other, equal options are available to me.

Seriously, even if you are not a bleeding-edge hardcore person who is already up to Turn 8 and rolling in High Allagan you are almost certainly going to have a lot more fun in the game right now, right this second, by abandoning the atma grind and doing Twintania and Levi ex a bunch of times. Start there.

Sorry, but I don't think Square Enix had it in mind that everyone needs their Ultra Super Relic 3-star bonanza 3 days into the patch. Why don't you pace yourself instead of bashing your face against the keyboard?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

sassassin posted:

Did anyone else lose all their settings with this last update?

edit: Stuck watching the intro movie and everything

\Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn

If you moved this folder, replace it. It has to be in the following location or your settings will be hosed.
C:\Users\Username\Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn

E: This includes macros, HUD Layout and the like. Hope you didn't delete it!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Fozzie Bear posted:

?

you can change weapons in a dungeon, you can't change classes or jobs, but weapons you can for sure. I have broken my weapons a few times and switched to a previous weapon to keep going.

Not on Hydra you can't. Same for Chimera as well, I believe.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I ran stone vigil a little bit ago on my new WHM. Our tank was a PLD that hadn't done his level 40 quest. Stone vigil without shield oath is an experience for sure.

As someone who has ran Stone Vigil 5 times within the past two days, let me pose the question. If you think a 41 Paladin without Shield Oath is hard, how do you rate a 41 Gladiator who never began his Paladin Job quests?

A rather deathly experience.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Ahhpple posted:

I rolled a character on Gilgamesh before checking to see if there was a Goon Guild - is there anyone on that server that has a free company? I'm pretty new to MMOs and it would be nice to have someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Re-roll on Excalibur, there are tons of goons (one completely full FC, another running at about half-capacity). Check out the OP for some pretty good information on getting started and visit the goon site on https://www.ffgoons.com for additional information. There's always someone online and most will be able to answer any questions you have with ease, so as a new to MMO player, it's highly encouraged that you tag along.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Or, y'know, join football school. It's not exactly difficult to join the LS, and people normally broadcast for ex primals daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Feenix posted:

For my Relic weapon, the Marketboard wants like 90k Gil for the Champions Lance with 2 Savage Aim III Materia. I read you can get it in the Wanderer's Palace Dungeon. Is that "guaranteed drop" or RNG luck?

What's the best way to go about getting it if not that?

Fortunately, unless you're shelling out money for an FC house or mass-leveling a crafting class, there aren't very many cash sinks. Just spend the 90k and watch your gil count float even higher, because aside from repairs and teleports, you won't be losing much cash.

• Locked thread