Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that bothers me so far is that 144k people is not "small town." Which is what they're treating this as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, so apparently the priest is either from the past or immortal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This show is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MAGIC HAWK

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SECRET WITCHES!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Cho is evil!

Also I loved that he was sitting in the chair but Cho couldn't tell, because he doesn't have a head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bro glance

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HAhaha, yeah, we have a seven season plan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of surprised that they left the Horseman still around by the end of the episode and not at least temporarily defeated. It seems like something that Fox would want to get out of the way fairly quickly because of the effect work involved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

This show moved at breakneck pace. I felt like I had watched a full season in the first episode where they just breezed past thing after thing.

Its probably a legacy from Fringe since Kurtzman and Orci learned that genre shows just can't sustain a slow burn. You have to actually give the audience a reason to stick around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Abbey calls him "Captain" and he acts like he's not from around there but it seemed really unclear what his position actually was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Abbey was also somehow a Lieutenant in the Sheriffs Department. In most cities the sheriff's department just handles court related things since there is already a city police department. Again its a weird issue where the show just doesn't seem very confident in what size Sleepy Hollow is supposed to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here is the relevant section of Revelation in regards to the four horsemen.

quote:

[2] And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
[3] And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
[4] And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
[5] And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
[6] And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
[7] And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
[8] And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero One posted:

Hahaha... a sticky note for the lights. And shower. Everything.

Yeah, I'm loving the explanation notes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zombie Cho!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This witch is fond of irony.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

How come Crane is allowed on the crime scene?

I'm sure his cover is going to cover this in some way but they have to let him do it right now until they finalize it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zombie John Cho wasn't killed.

GHOST CLANCY BROWN!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I hope Ghost Clancy Brown stays around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next week's monster looks freaky deaky.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those moments before his head went back on right were pretty creepy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

...! posted:

That can't be Satan since Satan is the Angel of Light and is described as being quite beautiful, which is part of why he's so dangerous. Surely Sleepy Hollow wouldn't get that wrong! :spergin:

You'd be surprised at the number of shows that don't keep a ton of episodes filmed in advance. At the extreme end, I think I remember someone saying that some episodes of Glee are filmed three days before they air. I believe it, too; some of the pop culture references they make are very soon after whatever they reference occurs.

Yeah, but this is a pretty effects heavy show. Its not every scene but enough times per episode that they don't even have an episode that's going to air in three weeks done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was one of the few good things about the first season of Mad TV.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, the blood from his leg wound was totally in the shape of the Horseman's bow.

edit: I also like how Crane is just partnered up with Mills and everyone is perfectly fine with it.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 1, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Looks like it was actually that hourglass symbol.

To be fair, they are pretty similar looking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gyges posted:

Ichabod ain't down with Manifest Destiny.

Someone better not tell him that it was Washington that did it then.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gyges posted:

So what happens if he comes for a psychopath who feels no remorse or guilt for their actions?

Edit: Wait, really this is all you have to do to beat him? Admit you were wrong?

I'm sure it can tell if you're sincere or not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And now this is your official set.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahahaha!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Picture of Clancy Brown on the wall.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hessian mercenaries controlled by the devil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ComicsandSlushies posted:

So now we have a name for the demon, Mol-something.

Wasn't that the name of the ex-villain from Watchmen?

Moloch basically an ancient god.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We Hessians could be anywhere, your German friend, your German boss. The next door neighbor, who is German.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole demon effect makes up for how crappy the Boston Tea Party scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, excuse me Ichabod, that's William Blake's The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun, not Moloch. Although it is a beast of Revelation.

quote:

And behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it would make sense for Ichabod not to recognize the painting though, since it was after his time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, he was a rival god in the North Africa region so it makes sense that the Bible would have a lot of "hey, your god sucks" parts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

I've only watched the open so far but I have to say that is literally the best product placement I have ever seen (the Onstar scene).

It actually isn't product placement because they call it "NorthStar"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sithwitch13 posted:

Oh hey it's Craig Parker!

Glaber!:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero One posted:

Who is the actor playing the Freemason?

James Frain. He's been in a bunch of stuff.

• Locked thread