Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Kosmina looks bored as all gently caress on that couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Kosmina looks bored as all gently caress on that couch.

I miss his antics coaching. Him and Miron would be a train wreck of a duo.
Edit: another one slaughtered for victory.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 18, 2013

Arro
Mar 31, 2010
So do Melbourne realise where they should be aiming these shots?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I can see why Troisi couldn't get a game.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe Archie should spend more time onside. :whatup:

edit: Melbourne seem to be too sexy at times, almost playing one pass too many instead of shooting. Might as well take a 10% chance of a shot instead of a cross that has 100% chance of being cleared.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 18, 2013

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Melbourne look like they have been ordered to arsenal it up and play twenty passes before attempting shots. Adelaide have been poo poo all game and literally should be down 2-0 if not for the refs. I don't like Melbourne but I'm irl cheering for an equaliser right now.

Arro
Mar 31, 2010
Ha if Melbourne manage to win this after the first half nonsense, that will be amazing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress off Adelaide, this is what you get for trying to defend for 45 minutes.

E: ange literally telling the refs that their calls were bullshit.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That was quite hilarious. Adelaide ran out of puff big time, and you could argue Melbourne should have won that outright despite what the scoreboard said. Although, if you butcher chances like that your not going to win squat, so perhaps a fair result.

MOM: Mabil - because with a name like that, you cannot afford not to make jokes. Roy and HG would have a field day.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm with Foz. If you can get Marcelo Bielsa Ange and Arnie can piss off.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

FFS Adelaide. Gutless pricks

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also the game tonight had more people than there are seats in Coopers Stadium. Football was the winner tonight etc etc.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

LordPants posted:

I'm with Foz. If you can get Marcelo Bielsa Ange and Arnie can piss off.

Of course Foz would say that. He's the biggest Eurosnob ever.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
If we had come back in the end, this whole page would be entirely :spooge: emoticons

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And :negative: icons from me.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lmao the reffing standard in this league is atrocious.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sport 2 is a day early this week with Sydney FC will be taking on Brisbane Roar at the early time of 4:30AM est/3:30AM cst/1:30AM pst on Saturday morning.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

NinjaSteve posted:

Lmao the reffing standard in this league is atrocious.

To be fair, they are the best in SE Asia.

Then again so is my goat.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

They're only the best in SE Asia because they haven't obviously been paid off.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Heart's strategy in 2013/14 is to starve teams to death.

Not the greatest half of entertainment there.

Edit: Who'd be a Heart supporter. That's three points pissed away. Mariners were good but still have a shitload of work to do. To be fair, McGlinchey comes on and game changes.

Edit2: Oh man, Sydney could get done by 7 again here.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 19, 2013

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Sydney are a total embarassment.

edit: :itwaspoo:

bootney_lee
Sep 10, 2009

Sydney are real bad.

Arro
Mar 31, 2010
So even with a few bad calls in Sydneys favour they still get destroyed by 4.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Are Sydney A Bad Team or is their center half pairing a shambles?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

LordPants posted:

Are Sydney A Bad Team or is their center half pairing a shambles?

yes

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I would have been embarrassed if the u13 team I coach gave up a goal as bad as the second one.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Brisbane last night is probably the best football I have seen in the a league. Mckay especially was superb.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

Brisbane last night is probably the best football I have seen in the a league. Mckay especially was superb.

It was a very good performance, but not the best. Some of Brisbane's own performances under Ange were consistently far better a few seasons back, and others like Victory and the Mariners have had better and more complete games than that.

But the signs out of Brisbane look like an ominous return to form is on the cards. If they play to their potential they'll thrash any team.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:golfclap:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

NinjaSteve posted:

They're only the best in SE Asia because they haven't obviously been paid off.

That's pretty good in a football context.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Watching the Wanderers game, Carlos is still quality, and still fat. Would never have worked in Ange's system, glad to see him playing well again though, so long as he doesn't do it against Victory.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Wanderers: not supermen.
Wellington: not poo poo at all.

I love a fat bastard.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So looks like WSW have been sold

"Asian businessmen reportedly have purchased the club and will become the major shareholders. (Early news) [via @Gatty54] "

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Rudan In.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Ange is In.

gently caress Murdoch and his sweet sweet sporting rights posted:

ANGE Postecoglou's reign as Socceroos coach will officially begin within hours after the stand-off between Football Federation Australia and Melbourne Victory over releasing their coach was finally resolved on Tuesday night.

Victory agreed to release Postecoglou from the remainder of his contract until 2015 on Tuesday evening in a teleconference with FFA CEO David Gallop - though details still have to be agreed over what, if any, compensation is to be paid.

Once that is completed Postecoglou will be official unveiled as the successor to Holger Osieck.

Hours of often acrimonious talks ended with Victory's realisation that keeping Postecoglou against his will - the coach having made clear to the club that he was desperate to take the Socceroos job - would ultimately be counterproductive.

Victory's agreement clears the way for Postecoglou to sign a contract with FFA once final details are agreed, before formally resigning from the Victory position he has held for the past 18 months. His first assignment will be a friendly, believed to be against Costa Rica, in Sydney on November 15.

Even as FFA prepared for Postecoglou’s arrival by axing assistant national coach Robbie Hooker, Victory had initially refused to cede ground having warned the governing body that it would not release Postecoglou for much less than $1m.

FFA is desperate to avoid another hefty payout after it was forced to compensate Osieck $1 million of his $1.5 million salary. He was sacked last Saturday, after consecutive 6-0 drubbings to Brazil and France.

It’s believed that the other main candidate, Central Coast boss Graham Arnold, has privately offered any assistance he can to his long-term friend Postecoglou, based on his 10 years in the national team set-up.

It is also understood FFA is negotiating a payout with Hooker, who was hand-picked by Osieck in 2010. But first assistant Aurelio Vidmar will stay with FFA and could remain on Postecoglou's coaching staff.

Postecoglou will hand pick his assistants and it’s believed that he wants Victory’s conditioning guru, head of performance Peter Cklamovski, to join him in his Socceroos stable.

Gallop has instituted a complete review of the national team under its new head of department, former Socceroo Luke Casserley, suggesting that Hooker may not be the only departure.

Victory had already started putting plans in place last week for Kevin Muscat to take over as interim coach for the rest of the season and he has already sounded out assistants.

While it was declared a three-horse race also including Central Coast’s Graham Arnold and Western Sydney’s Tony Popovic, Postecoglou was ultimately the man they were after and the only one chief executive David Gallop has interviewed.

FFA was desperate to finalise the appointment by Friday so Postecoglou can have the chance to select a squad for next month’s two home friendlies.

The players’ clubs have to be notified 14 days before the first game, which is likely to be on Thursday, November 14, and Postecoglou may pick an extended squad to bring in several fresh faces.

The Victory board is believed to have discussed the compensation matter last week and Postecoglou openly expressed his desire to lead the national team.

Victory players were oblivious to the manoeuvering behind the scenes with the 48-year-old taking training as per normal ahead of Friday’s clash against his old side at Etihad Stadium

The governing body’s desperation to make the appointment this week was compounded by the fact that, after the upcoming friendlies, the Socceroos won’t play again until the next FIFA international window in March.

Postecoglou’s appointment caps a remarkable transformation for the man who was unemployable, following a seven-year spell coaching the Australian Joeys (Under 17s) and Young Socceroos (Under 20s) that drew criticism for poor results.

Postecoglou, capped four times by Australia, won two national titles with South Melbourne and most recently two more with Brisbane Roar.

Well, not surprising really in the scheme of things. Poppa was too early in his career, and ArnieOut wasn't going to get another run. In Fact Arnold won't ever get a run until he wins an EPL title quite frankly to balance out the ledger.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

So, rumour floating around is that instead of the $1,000,000 that the Victory board asked for as a payout for Ange's contract, which was actually worth considerably more than that, we've agreed a payment with FFA for $50,000. If that's the case, I'm absolutely disgusted with the Victory board. We're also not going to replace him, but promote Kevin Muscat to manager for the rest of the season, and all this after the chaos that is the club trying to eradicate the active support that makes us have the best atmosphere in the league. The club is trying to destroy itself from within and I am not happy, at all. I'd threaten to boycott the rest of the season if I didn't enjoy going to the games and shouting at everyone for being poo poo so much.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NinjaSteve posted:

So, rumour floating around is that instead of the $1,000,000 that the Victory board asked for as a payout for Ange's contract, which was actually worth considerably more than that, we've agreed a payment with FFA for $50,000. If that's the case, I'm absolutely disgusted with the Victory board. We're also not going to replace him, but promote Kevin Muscat to manager for the rest of the season, and all this after the chaos that is the club trying to eradicate the active support that makes us have the best atmosphere in the league. The club is trying to destroy itself from within and I am not happy, at all. I'd threaten to boycott the rest of the season if I didn't enjoy going to the games and shouting at everyone for being poo poo so much.

australian_football.txt

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

It's an embarrassment. On a lighter note, Big Willy Gallas has reportedly signed for Perth.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Adnar posted:

Rudan In.

Boss out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NinjaSteve posted:

Officially they're saying they got nothing now. Not sure I believe a word that slimy oval office Robson says though.

• Locked thread