Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

FCKGW posted:

I agree. I let my kid play GTAIV out in the industrial area where he would be relatively free of people, but this game is tough to avoid the swearing. I turned off the FX and just did music but even the commercials are pretty bad.

He had a blast driving the boat in the ocean though. Tons of open water for him to cruise on and no distractions.

That's because it's a game meant for adults. If you don't want your kids to hear swearing or see any violence then don't play the loving game around them. It's that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

Is there anyway I can get rid of Franklin's horrid green motorcycle? I despise that thing.

You can mod it.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

Steven Ogg, Shawn Fonteno, and Ned Luke.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

This is the worst character creation system I've ever seen.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Baron FU posted:

Agree. Even something like Red Dead Redemption where you are forced into playing characters would have been better than this. I've been randoming for 20 minutes and haven't seen one character I was satisfied with.

The worst part is that the very basis of having both parents influence your appearance is hosed. If you choose a male character with any influence from your mother, you wind up with a freakish little neck. I just ended up going with using John Marsten as my father with no influence from my mother, which I'm sure 90% of the people without the collectors edition will be doing.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

I'm stuck waiting for other players on the first mission the game immediately forces you into.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

I can't play yet, drat servers, but my slacker girl Kitty is ready. Yeah, worst creator ever. Can't believe they didn't copy Saints Row and let people sort this out in advance so all the online personas were already stored. I just stopped messing with heritage once I got someone vaguely human looking, and stopped pissing with lifestyle once I got clothes I could put up with for the first hour or so.

That looks surprisingly decent.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Lol! After getting hung up on the first mission it's now saying my character slot was corrupted. Oh well. Round 2.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

bag squad posted:

hard locked twice already :)

Same here. I can't even seem to create a character at this point.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

I don't get why they wouldn't at least make Mike, Trevor, and Franklin special parents.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Alright, gently caress this. I give up. If the original launch is anything to go by I guess I'll try again next week.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

You don't make your character. You choose 4 grandparents from tiny thumbnails and adjust sliders for who you look like more.

Which would be okay if you could clearly see the grandparent options and they didn't look like loving mutants.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Rapdawg posted:

Hmm, better boot up my dozen or so forum accounts and talk about how I want my money back like an entitled prick and talk at Rockstar until they ban me- actually instead I think I'm just going to take my test, go on a date, and finish up single player.

I just... I want to make movies!

Do you want me to get my dick out again?

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Wtf? The game doesn't even try connecting anymore. I just get a black screen.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Scarf posted:

Anyone know where I can find a deludamol van for trevor's mom?

In front of the downtown Los Santos hospital.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

I don't know why I keep trying to get online. I'm just punishing myself at this point. :emo:

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Is anyone else just getting a black screen when they try to go online?

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

I wouldn't care about any of the connectivity problems if my character didn't get loving corrupted with every little goddamn hiccup. The times I do get in I can't even make any progress because I end up losing my character.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

I'm on 360 and I get stuck waiting for the first race everytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

gibbed posted:

Some of them do! Trevor's Randall haircut with the shaved sides is an example of this.

Before:

After:

Hard to see in the selfies though.

Isn't this a glitch?

• Locked thread