Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Pleads posted:

I did that, he said after to meet him at a dam but I haven't been able to find him at all on the one he said :(

You need to finish all the parachute jumps. Just like someone else pointed out earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Cerebulon posted:

I think the game counts having to walk through the strip club to get some late game missions towards that condition.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about events that happened before the game.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I thought I read somewhere you could hunt animals and sell the meat to Burger Shot. can anyone confirm?

Do the Cletus sidemissions with Trevor.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ok, dunno if this is a bug or not, but having some trouble - When I go to the top of Mt Chilad via cable car, I can't see the various select missions, or do anything in the map other than set waypoints. It's screwing with a mission that I need to do.

PS3 disc version.

Do you have the third bounty hunter mission?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

pik_d posted:

Better ending than the one I (and most people) got.

At the gun training, am I supposed to be able to get 2x and 3x multipliers with the minigun challenges? I squeeze only a little and it still seems to break the combo when the target flips up. I'm talking I squeeze and release without pause, but I still only barely got the first challenge at bronze.

Just spray from left to right. they are some of the easiest to gold.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yup. That's why it's bugging me that it won't load correctly. I even tried hiking up there but still, no love.

Mine bugged out a couple of times as well. Once when I rode my helicopter up there and landed, and the second time when I parachuted. It only seems to load properly if you use the cable car. You should check a youtube guide so you can be sure you are in the correct place. Remember you can't see any mission prompts until you are actually near the dude.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

beedeebee posted:

Not gonna click that, but there are already people who 100% the game? drat.

To be fair 100% in GTA 5 is much easier than in the earlier versions. It's also not actually 100%, just 100% of the tasks that rockstar decided count for 100%. for example you only need to do 50% of the stunt jumps/fly under bridges/knife flights for 100%.

You can check them on http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Finally found a goddamn copy of the game. What point does all the side stuff unlock so I can then ignore the main storyline forever after.

You should finish the main story straight away. It's well worth it, mostly for economic reasons.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

This bombing run where you have to blow up three rows of targets is IMPOSSIBLE.

Go do flight school. You'll learn how to fly properly and then the mission is actually really easy.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

I never said I didn't like the game. I think it's excellent and one of the best games I've played all year. But it's not perfect and those are all things that bug me personally. Going for full completion (as in, experiencing everything the developers wanted the player to experience) and having fun are not mutually exclusive. I've had tons of fun playing the game, and I've had some frustration playing the game.

Okay, so cops can spawn in normal traffic, that's good to know. I just haven't seen them at all so far. My issue with the size of the world is that aside from LS itself, things are spread a bit thin is all. Mountain lions can be lethal and again, that's fine, but insta-kill is a bit much.

There's a lot of cool stuff with law enforcement. Like the FIB guys protecting the scientists at the satelites near the Senora Desert airfield. Or the unmarked crown vic trolling around shining flashlights at the homeless people. As well as highway cops on bikes sitting at the side of the highway. Also the fact that they switch from LSPD to sheriffs when you go outside Los Santos.

You really should pay more attention to the game instead of just following a guide. Coming from someone that also did 100%.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Payndz posted:

Huh, twice now I had Franklin take a cab to the Mary-Ann race at the beach on the northwest of the map, and both times the instant he arrived he triggered a police alert despite having done nothing wrong. The cops up there are apparently that racist. :smith:

I think it's pretty close to the military base. The cab trip might take you too close.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

How do you get bald Trevor?
Unless I'm forgetting that isn't a haircut option.

There are 2 kind of barbers. The trashy ones and the upscale one. They have different hairstyles available. There's also a haircut when you link your account to rockstar social club I believe. I can't recall where the bald Trevor is from. But IIRC the bald Michael is from connecting to Rockstar Social club.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Some neat things I've found while loving around in LS:

Franklin can steal cars better than Michael and Trevor. If you don't have a wanted rating, he'll slimjim the lock open so you dont get alarms / broken windows! Sometimes he will just smash it though.

I belive this is tied to your driving skill/flying skill. I noticed the same when trying to steal the military plane with Michael before he hit 100. He had to kick the cockpit open, while after he hit 100 it opens on the first try. Pretty cool detail.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
Maybe GTA:O happens concurrently with the singleplayer story. Would account for the dead guys. And might be a cool way to tie it into the singleplayer story.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Who Dat posted:

I don't know why people think Rockstar isn't ballsy enough to add a mall, or maybe a college (no early year schools because they'll never add kids to the game). They made a game called State of Emergency, which I bought and played, that was pretty much all about murdering large groups of people in malls.

Rockstar isn't shy about pushing the envelope.

I think adding a mall would be a bit too much "current event" even for R*.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Avoided a bit of a kafuffle last night. Wanted to see if BAWSAQ had gotten anywhere but noticed I wasn't signed in to Xbox Live. I attempt to do so, but it starts asking me security stuff I don't really have the access to. Then it wouldn't let me back in! Thankfully removing the wireless thingy and disabling the Internet for it let me back in to my save. I guess I won't be using the highly functional online ties for a bit then!

Video games used to be so simple...

You should probably fix that before it gets worse. It's a huge hassle to recover an account if you have to get a new Xbox, and you don't know the password/security questions, or have lost access to the email. Hell you might want to get a Xbone some day and you will need your login details as well.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

This is probably a no brainer in this day and age, but will I be able to keep playing and complete side crap after I finish the main story?

Yes, But. Ending spoiler You want to choose option C for the last mission, since the other 2 choices result in a main character dying. Leaving you unable to complete their missions.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just finished Barry's mission where you smoke the laced weed and start seeing aliens and have to kill them all with a minigun as Michael. I also did Trevor's evil clown version of that earlier on. Does Franklin have a different version as well?

Franklins version had me laughing for several minutes. It's by far the best one after you have done the others and seen their reaction.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

To all the people that have collected the paper and parts from around the map... Is it a pain in the rear end? It's kind of daunting and it's almost the last things I can do.

Use the http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist and click the not found button. I actually found it quite relaxing doing it this way.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm a bit confused about how the switching between protagonists works for the main storyline. I only have Franklin and Michael at the moment and notice the plot seems to be moving along regardless of who I start missions with - is the "you must play as X" requirement only for side activities?

The missions will be colored to the specific character. Michael is blue, Frankling green and Trevor will be orange. Some of the missions with more than one of the main characters will have slightly different cutscenes depending on who you start them with.

Most sidemissions are for one character only.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I think I might be bugged out of 100% completion.

All the counts of what I've done for % don't match what social says. For example, on the same page it shows which 12 misc events I've done up above on the pie chart it only says I've done 2/16 misc events. Same situations for hobbies and strangers/freaks. Only accurate count is the mission number.

The social club can be slow to update your progress. Especially if you switch between savegames often. Use the ingame counter until social updates.

DaitoX posted:

Not all of them count for 100%

Also this. Only the ones with the colored border actually counts for 100%.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 26, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
Pißwasser is down to 4.13$. I really want to jump on soon. Especially since I missed the Hawk and Little spike from 0.48 to 2.66$ that happened yesterday.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Aishan posted:

End-game stock question: Does the Merryweather (MER) stock ever recover? Is it worth dumping money into?

No it's not worth it. And this is on a save that finished the main story 20+ hours ago.

Odette posted:

Seeing as there's no long term history for all these stock options, it's safe to assume that they'll eventually return a profit? Because I just stuck everything in Pisswater. :ohdear:

Depending on when you invested in PIS you might want to load an earlier save. It seems to be in complete freefall and will likely be the next HAL stock and bottom out completely before recovering. I'd hold out a bit if you are still playing on your investment save.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 26, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

James Trickington posted:

Agreed, I'd say this is a full game. These days, at least. Back in The Day we could expect this for an average in some RPGs but nowadays I have to avoid the $60 titles with about 7 hours' playtime. Of the things that bug me about this game - which are few enough - none of them are how limited it is.

I got more playtime out of GTA 5 in the last week than I did from my entire 350+ Steam library the last year. It's really rare for games to be worth more than 5$. Which is also why I don't mind buying actual good games for full price on release. There's just so few releases that are worth buying.

Edit: Heck even other open world series feel completely poo poo compared to GTA 5. I got less than 3 hours in both Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs before I got bored of them, and I paid full price for those as well.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 26, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

I thought all of the assassination missions only affected LCN stocks, since those aren't affected by other players. I haven't done them yet but I was assuming that they wouldn't work like that otherwise since everyone's doing those missions at different times.

The ingame missions will still affect BAWSDAQ stocks. It seems to override the internet part of them for some time after you have done the missions. Same with the tip from the hitchiker which is also on the BAWSDAQ.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
Can we have someone post in here whenever the Pißwasser (PIS) stock recovers on the BAWSDAQ. It will probably be the best way for the people that missed the HAL stock rise to get enough money for the 200$ million spend trophy.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Frijolero posted:

How do you all get over the racism and misogyny?

You make a separate thread.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yes everyone please do. And buy a ton of Pibwasser stock while you're at it! its down to an all time low of 2 bucks on 360.

It can only go UP UP UP!

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Crap, I won't be home for another five or so hours. Am I gonna miss out on the Pisswasser moneytrain?? :ohdear:

Since the only stock we have seen actually bottom out and recover is HAL and that took 4 days around 0.50-1$ I think you might make it home in time.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Has anyone here managed to get the 3 guys together and blow poo poo up? I can just manage to get 2 together for some reason.

Call the other two and ask for a hangout, then pick them up. There's also a trophy for having 3 wanted stars for 3 minutes with all 3 characters together outside of a mission.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

bag squad posted:

So the collectible at the the top of the airport bar is invisible to me. I checked a guide to make sure I was looking in the right place and sure enough I was, nothing to be found on my end. I can even still hear the noise it makes and its infuriating

It's not actually on top of it. It's on the first floor roof.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

bag squad posted:

Nope, I know where it is. Totally empty.

Did you actually land and run around the roof? The draw distance on the collectibles is pretty short.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

thehustler posted:

Somebody asked earlier but I don't think there was a clear answer:

If I save game before buying a BAWSAQ stock, and find out that it wasn't a great investment, can I reload an earlier save and get my money back?

Also what's good right now to invest in (PS3)

Yes you can.

Pißwasser (PIS) is probably a save bet if you can wait it out. HAL also seems to keep rising but you are getting in late if you invest in that.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Munion posted:

Does starting a new save mess with your social club stats or will that show the last save file you have played on? Thinking of starting a new game up but don't necessarily want that to be my file on social club.

The last save you played. It might take 15 minutes to update after you switch saves though.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Is it at all possible to get all 50 scraps/bridges/knife flights/stunt jumps without resorting to a guide? :smith:

In theory yes. But you are gonna waste 200+ hours if not more trying to do that. Use http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist for the scraps/space ship parts.

Keep in mind you only have to do 50% of the bridge/knife flight/stunt jumps for it to count for 100% as well. Just youtube a guide, but even then it's going to take a while. Especially the stunt jumps are painful.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I just beat the game. Does it make any difference which option you choose? I chose C because I didn't want to kill either of the guys. Do you actually kill anyone or does it just end up being "I can't kill him" and then it goes to option C anyway? I figured they couldn't let you kill one of the characters because there are things only certain characters can do. But does it change any outcomes?

Ending spoilers They stay dead and you are locked out of their sidemissions. If you choose Michael you get a choice to save him during the mission. edit: Guess he dies anyway.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 27, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

lady blue shanghai posted:

Anyway, I don't suppose anyone tried the first FIB heist without sending Michael to flight school?

You can skip flight school if you want.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

jerkstoresup posted:

I wish I had read some stock market tips early in the game. I'm debating either rushing through the game again to get those big assassination mission money bumps, or just paying closer attention to BAWSAQ to make money the legit way with my end-game cash.

I almost want to start a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of the hourly stock prices on BAWSAQ.

:getin: on Pißwasser (PIS) before it's too late.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah I'm really bummed they didn't do this. In GTAIV multiplayer you could set a respawn timer that allowed you to watch your earthly remains ragdoll gloriously (albeit in a weird stylized black and white) and I really don't like the instant slow-mo WASTED fade to black GTAV does.

E: 100% talk: I got a Strangers & Freaks missions called "The Last One", Franklin only. In it, you meet a crazy one-eyed hunter around Mt. Chiliad who's hunting Sasquatches and tells you to go find one nearby. And you do. Except it's a dude in a sasquatch suit... that also barks. :confused: Maybe it has something to do with the talking dog Franklin finds whenever Dom is in trouble?

Franklin might be crazier than both Trevor and Michael.

Can you tell exactly how you got that mission to spawn? I thought it was a Trevor mission tied to the Altruists.

vvvv As Franklin you will have two Downtown Cab numbers. You have to use the one that's located correctly in the alphabet, the upper one is for missions if you forget to pick up when they call. vvvvvv

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

It took a few days. I slept maybe four times, then played as Trevor for a bit just messing about for a while. It didn't take that long. I suggest you just do whatever for a while and it'll spawn eventually.

You won't even have to switch, just bring up the switch menu and the character's little picture will have a "1" on it to indicate they have an available mission.

I'm more interested in what side missions you did before you got it to spawn. Since my save is at 100% and I have played for more than 10 hours after I hit 100%. And it hasn't spawned for me yet.

• Locked thread