Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Pickled Kittens posted:

Serious advice and spoilers concerning gunman in every single heist:

It is important to note that there is never any reason to take a cheap gunman. In all but one mission (data heist) the cheap gunmen will die or otherwise gently caress up, leaving your take about the same as it would be with a good gunman, but with extra annoyance/difficulty

In short, there's not much of a reason to use cheap gunman at all.

I'm not following... Doesn't them dying mean they don't get a take and you get more money? You can grab the money they drop if this is your reasoning...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope (heist mechanic) You have to pay cash to cover up the death that's usually more than their cut.

EDIT: /\ Call them both before picking up either one.

Why cover up the death, the cops killed them/saw it happen... Seems pointless and actually more trouble than its worth considering you would most likely have to steal their body back from the cops or some crazy poo poo. Maybe the cops can talk to dead people, but only for 5 hours, like in Fringe...

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

VarrosAnon posted:

In heist one, sure...

I grabbed the money on Paleto also. Didn't notice still having to pay to cover up the deaths tho.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

You can, though not sure what the AI will do driving.

Really? I wasn't able to switch when it was either 2 or all 3 of the guys... Maybe since I just drove and met them instead of calling them?

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Does starting a new save mess with your social club stats or will that show the last save file you have played on? Thinking of starting a new game up but don't necessarily want that to be my file on social club.

\/\/ Thanks

Munion fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 27, 2013

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

I know multiple people pointed it out already, but the coil is far from the fastest top speed. So far my top speed car is the Obey 9F, I hit 231mph with Franklin in that thing. Curious to know other peoples top speeds and cars, maybe we can really solve which one is fastest pretty quickly...

Also, does any one know what time gta online launches yet? I know it's the first, but is it midnight Australia time, GMT, EST, PST, or maybe even middle of the day sometime?

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Lotish posted:

So supposedly using Taliana "at every opportunity" will get her skill up high enough that she can handle the final heist while taking a minimal cut. What exactly is "at every opportunity?" I didn't find her until after the first heist, and I don't recall needing a driver for any heist after that, and I started casing the Union Depository.

I watched my friend use her for the final heist after never having used her before and she did not lose the money. My guess is she is good to go from the start unless he was lying and used her before...

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

awesome-express posted:

The game crashed when I was modding my ride online :(

This happened to me, now I don't seem to have a car... The tutorial moved on(finished now) and I still have no contact in my phone for the insurance company. I think I lost my free car...

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

I seem to be able to get on currently, but I am no longer in my crew while in game... Can't seem to get my game to connect to social club right now =(. Assuming it's server stress, but plenty of people are in their crews in my games, even friends are having no problems with that right now. Once your in it does seem to be a bit more lag in missions when its saying who won and such today.

*edit* so today I bought a garage, then after doing some missions I logged off. Just got back on, still have the garage but my level and cash have reset to before I bought it. I have more cash, but lost a level and a half.

Munion fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 2, 2013

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Stux posted:

1. I havnt been losing money from my bank account, that is the entire point of the bank system so must be a bug?

2. I dont get this, I parachuted into the army base and found 5 jets. Also when I went and grabbed a helicopter at one of the pads there were two sitting there...

4. Buy insurance on a car you like, have it always available. Thats the entire point, it would make owning cars/garages etc utterly pointless and upgrading cars, again, utterly pointless.

1. I have also noticed bank account money disappearing, lost around 10k while not paying attention last night and never bought ammo or anything in between, happened several times.

2. I don't have problems with this stuff, but the military base was empty when we parachuted in last night.

4. Yea this works, but repairs are expensive =P

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Athanatos posted:

It's only 500$ to get a new car if yours explodes...or drowns.

That's cheaper than repairs at LS customs half the time.... Tho you do still have to drive in town if your out in the country. Time to start blowing it up instead of repairing it sometimes I guess. Oh, once you have a garage and have the mechanic who can deliver cars is driving there not an issue anymore? I just got the garage and mechanic but haven't gotten my car back from impound yet.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Okay so I'm having a slight panic attack here. Last night, I did the Vapid assassination mission. I invested after the mission, and got my massive returns from franklin and michael. However, when I switched to Trevor he was in wanted mode and before I could lose them I had to leave. Well for some reason it saved me dumping money into Vapid, but not when I pulled out of it with F and M. Now I loaded up the game and vapid is at zero and I'm looking at losing all the money I had in this game. Any ideas?

always have multiple saves? Not sure there's anything to do if you can't load back... For real people, always save on a separate file before doing anything in a game where u are risking everything you have/going into a place you can't leave until its over etc... It's not a hard thing to do and will save you tons of trouble. I saved right before picking up the phone for every assassination mission.

*edit* oh yea, if vapid is on bawsaq, pretty sure it is, then that seems to be down atm so that would be the cause in this case.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Gearman posted:

It also gives them a 'Bad Player' rating where they'll be matched up with other people doing the same thing. Also, you can always just go in to the Online options and join a new session.

I thought the bad player ratings were only from player reports, I didn't think it automatically gave u bad player ratings. How does it tell then? Am I going to get bad player just because I am shooting the guy driving at me while on foot? How does the game know I'm not the aggressor?

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Just found out you can take photos from the passenger seat in a plane online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Knightmare posted:

One thing I noticed with selling cars is, you usually end up with more than $5k cash from it and you usually warp to right outside the store afterward, with no car, completely helpless. I need to start stalking people going into the mod shops.

Rob people for what? 100 bucks? It's not like they drop anything worthwhile really... It's fun sometimes sure, but its not reallly robbing anything of value from them except with that car Simeon wants.

*edit* also, has any1 found a van in online yet? I want to get one for riding around with 4 people since you can shoot AKs out the back at least(hoping everything =P). Can't seem to find one tho, even types that I can't upgrade... Any one know a good car to drive to make them spawn?

Munion fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 3, 2013

• Locked thread