Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mokinokaro posted:

I believe that if you punch him, he gives up.

I tried this and it ended up being a one hitter quitter which, while hilarious, considered him to be dead which I didn't want. I retried and just chased after him for a while until Michael stopped yelling and then let him go which seemed to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Holy balls, I want this game so bad it's physically painful. :gonk: If there's no PC announcement soon I might just cave and get it on the Xbox. Come on Rockstar, get with the times! Release your poo poo on Steam, everyone is doing it. It's so cool. Like, soooooo cool. :c00l:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Micheal was cool up until right after he leaves the repo-car dealership. After that its all down hill for him in coolness.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Leveling up lovely heist crew members is still useful because their cut never changes.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Pleads posted:

You can rob any non-convenience store by whipping out your gun outside and putting a few rounds into the door before you walk in; it'll start a panic in the shop and you can keep your weapon out when you enter. Then just shoot the registers until they spit out money.

You will also sometimes find empty convenience stores when you go to rob them; you just walk behind the register and it gives you the option to take the money. And then you shoot the second register, always, for more bling.

Huh wow. That will help with my constant aimless wandering looking for fast money.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Leveling up lovely heist crew members is still useful because their cut never changes.

it isn't that useful though since you only really use a couple of roles two or three times at most and get paid maybe once.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Shooting from the car is so terrible that I wouldn't mind if it was like the old GTA's where you could only shoot left or right. Mouse and Keyboard aiming = :getin:

I really miss having a trainer to spawn poo poo and gently caress around. I need the health+armor cheat so I can go on a Terminator spree.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Serious advice and spoilers concerning gunman in every single heist:

It is important to note that there is never any reason to take a cheap gunman. In all but one mission (data heist) the cheap gunmen will die or otherwise gently caress up, leaving your take about the same as it would be with a good gunman, but with extra annoyance/difficulty

In short, there's not much of a reason to use cheap gunman at all.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah, but there's literally only one heist aside from the first one that even pays you in the first place, and even with using the most expensive guys you're still making like $20 million per character.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

EDIT: nevermind

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

One and the Same posted:

Holy balls, I want this game so bad it's physically painful. :gonk: If there's no PC announcement soon I might just cave and get it on the Xbox. Come on Rockstar, get with the times! Release your poo poo on Steam, everyone is doing it. It's so cool. Like, soooooo cool. :c00l:

There probably won't be an announcement for a few more weeks at least, but even then PC gamers aren't getting it before 2014. In the meantime, you'll have to stick with some Red Dead Re... oh. :smith:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Micheal was cool up until right after he leaves the repo-car dealership. After that its all down hill for him in coolness.

He has ups and downs, but overall I think he's cool.

One thing that annoys me a bit postgame Michael can hang out with Jimmy and Amanda, but not Tracey? She kind of just vanishes except for the odd time you see her at the house.

Also (second heist spoiler) I know if you pick the offshore option the minisub spawns next to Trevor's hangar. Does it spawn somewhere else if you picked the freighter or do you just lose out on that somewhat handy option?

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I've just finished the game, with 36 hours played. Enjoyed every bit of it, and will go back for more.

iRend fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 26, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

One and the Same posted:

Rockstar PC releases take forever so if you're dying that badly you should just get it on a console ASAP.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

iRend posted:

Just to clear this up, you definitely do not need gold to upload selfies. You just need to have a rockstar social club account setup with your xbox live profile.

Are you sure about that? Cause I linked the R* account and it complained saying "Alert: Online Services Disabled" with just Silver. Then I used a 2 day Gold Pass and I was able to get the free poo poo and upload photos.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Does anyone else feel like the wanted level at like 1-star lasts about twice as long as it should? If I can get two miles away without seeing a single cop, I'd expect to be in the clear. I also don't like the way they're psychic when you're hiding somewhere or how they spawn at the top of Mt. Chiliad, after shooting a solitary hiker with a silenced gun. They really should ease up further on the 1-star thing, given how you get a wanted level for firing off a single shot, stealing a car, running into a car, standing near someone, looking at a cop, getting punched, getting into a car you own, sometimes doing nothing whatsoever... it's just tiresome, even when it's easy to evade. That's why I've always cheated in GTA, it just isn't fun to run from the cops every five minutes.

Also random question, can you pick stuff up with the cargobob that you buy from the website, or are people referring to the sky crane when they talk about picking up vehicles? I have a cargobob and there doesn't seem to be any way to pick stuff up with it.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

KennyLoggins posted:

Are you sure about that? Cause I linked the R* account and it complained saying "Alert: Online Services Disabled" with just Silver. Then I used a 2 day Gold Pass and I was able to get the free poo poo and upload photos.

Whoops, maybe not, I guess my Gold auto-renewed.

bah.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

you get a wanted level for firing off a single shot, stealing a car, running into a car,

You can do all of those things without getting a wanted level at all, just don't do it directly in front of a cop. The thread already discussed the "search time" and I think the consensus was that shortening it would basically eliminate any chance of getting caught.

Also if you think cops are psychic you need to watch that video of a guy hiding in a bush in plain sight. Hiding works well.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Pickled Kittens posted:

It is important to note that there is never any reason to take a cheap gunman. In all but one mission (data heist) the cheap gunmen will die or otherwise gently caress up, leaving your take about the same as it would be with a good gunman, but with extra annoyance/difficulty

This is not entirely true, cheap gunmen will make it through the final two heists as long as you don't let them sit there and get shot a bunch. They're not scripted to die there like they are in the jewelry store or Paleto Bay. You should definitely make some savings on gunman #1 if you take approach B on the final heist, he barely sees any action and escapes on his own. No point paying Gustavo Mota 14% for that level of work when the lovely 7% guys get it done too.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Something to try. On any missions/activities you need to take photos, try sending them to the wrong contact.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Pickled Kittens posted:

I'm not following... Doesn't them dying mean they don't get a take and you get more money? You can grab the money they drop if this is your reasoning...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Has anyone here managed to get the 3 guys together and blow poo poo up? I can just manage to get 2 together for some reason.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Munion posted:

I'm not following... Doesn't them dying mean they don't get a take and you get more money? You can grab the money they drop if this is your reasoning...

Nope (heist mechanic) You have to pay cash to cover up the death that's usually more than their cut.

EDIT: /\ Call them both before picking up either one.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Has anyone here managed to get the 3 guys together and blow poo poo up? I can just manage to get 2 together for some reason.

Call the other two and ask for a hangout, then pick them up. There's also a trophy for having 3 wanted stars for 3 minutes with all 3 characters together outside of a mission.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Munion posted:

In heist one, sure...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Trevor and Franklin mission in on Grove Street. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the house they are trying to buy drugs from is CJ's old place right? I only saw a little inside but it looked awful. Are we supposed to take away from this that either CJ left and doesn't care anymore and his brother is probably dead?

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope (heist mechanic) You have to pay cash to cover up the death that's usually more than their cut.

EDIT: /\ Call them both before picking up either one.

Why cover up the death, the cops killed them/saw it happen... Seems pointless and actually more trouble than its worth considering you would most likely have to steal their body back from the cops or some crazy poo poo. Maybe the cops can talk to dead people, but only for 5 hours, like in Fringe...

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

Trevor and Franklin mission in on Grove Street. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the house they are trying to buy drugs from is CJ's old place right? I only saw a little inside but it looked awful. Are we supposed to take away from this that either CJ left and doesn't care anymore and his brother is probably dead?

CJ's old house is not on Grove Street in V

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Baron FU posted:

Call the other two and ask for a hangout, then pick them up. There's also a trophy for having 3 wanted stars for 3 minutes with all 3 characters together outside of a mission.

I tried calling once but it gave me the busy tone, guess I'll try again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Spikeguy posted:

CJ's place was torn down and a single story crack den took its place. His brother's house is still there but it's boarded up.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Welp, I guess after the (random event) No Country For Old Men, you cannot escape these guys? I guess the developers didn't expect me to find a place to fortify, and just wanted me to die. Instead, I took shelter in a parking garage until the entire roadway leading up to the entrance was blocked. They just kept spawning off on the edge of the minimap and crashing into the growing junk pile, and calling the cops to my position only added to the chaos. I was going to try and raise my wanted level to see the poo poo that was going to happen, but then the game froze after I shot someone. :downsgun:

Edit: Okay, I did another test. Apparently this is what happens if you try and (mid-to-late mission spoiler) enter the city after kidnapping Madrazo's wife. I guess he has a few henchmen.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 26, 2013

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Are there any other references to San Andreas outside of Grove Street and that one gold-medal train-jumping "Better than CJ" objective?

I really liked that game, and I was kind of disappointed when Leonora Johnson had nothing to do with Carl and Sweet.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

Welp, I guess after the (random event) No Country For Old Men, you cannot escape these guys? I guess the developers didn't expect me to find a place to fortify, and just wanted me to die. Instead, I took shelter in a parking garage until the entire roadway leading up to the entrance was blocked. They just kept spawning off on the edge of the minimap and crashing into the growing junk pile, and calling the cops to my position only added to the chaos. I was going to try and raise my wanted level to see the poo poo that was going to happen, but then the game froze after I shot someone. :downsgun:

Are you really not supposed to be able to escape? I shot one guy in a truck following me and outran another and got away.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

VarrosAnon posted:

Are there any other references to San Andreas outside of Grove Street and that one gold-medal train-jumping "Better than CJ" objective?

You can (easter egg, non-mission) sometimes see three guys on bicycles in the Grove Street area partly re-enacting the beginning of SA. They're even dressed similarly to CJ and the gang.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

VarrosAnon posted:

In heist one, sure...

I grabbed the money on Paleto also. Didn't notice still having to pay to cover up the deaths tho.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

L_Harrison posted:

Wow that weird. In my file, after I picked up the case and got on the freeway, 3 SUVS spawned behind me chasing. I just stopped my car killed them all, and drove off no problem.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Baron FU posted:

If everyone's together can you switch from the driver to someone else and just shoot? Can you do this with other hangouts as well? I want Jimmy to meet Lamar.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hobo Clown posted:

If everyone's together can you switch from the driver to someone else and just shoot?

You can, though not sure what the AI will do driving.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

How do you spin around while holding a weapon, it popped up once and now I cant figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Just The Facts posted:

How do you spin around while holding a weapon, it popped up once and now I cant figure it out.

You can click the right stick to look backwards and then aim. Maybe you can click the right stick while aiming to turn around?

• Locked thread