Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Where's the spoiler thread? It's not linked in the OP which was updated today, and I can't find the thread soooooo

Just a little request, can someone please tell me what happens in the Lazlo cutscene? I accidentally skipped it an I don't want to do that mission again, I hate driving the semi-truck. Thanks.

edit: wait, is THIS the spoiler thread? I don't even know anymore

HotCheetoChallenge fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
@Spalec, I don't know why but I thought it wouldn't be on youtube yet. Naive of me I guess, thanks :3:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Trevor really is despicable. As soon as the game gave me control after his disgusting intro cutscene, I ran to the nearby gas station and shot the pump to kill myself.

I love this game though. It has some nasty blemishes but overall it's incredible.

shmee posted:

I've been impressed with how few glitches I've had in this really, for an unpatched game.

This too. I haven't experienced a single glitch! It's night and day from the last huge open world thing I played at launch (AC3 :smith:)

HotCheetoChallenge fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 25, 2013

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

SectumSempra posted:

It's so interesting to see how many people liked the radio stations.

The pop station felt really lousy this time around. Im guessing the costs of pop tracks are higher or something? Because out of everything that has happened in pop, 'good' 'bad' and otherwise between 2008 and 2013 (One in particular, that was at least on everyone's mind in one way or the other between 08-10 being absent from a POP radio station is a shock), this is what we get?
Outside of 'work', 'glamourous' (think about trevor rolling aorund the desert to this, or even through northern los santos) and 'with every heartbeat' i pretty much go silent, listen to see if anything decent is on world fm or cross my fingers for ambient tracks.
After 3 listens I heard everything the talk radio stations had to offer, and those are always so great.

I'm not sure how it works either but I could see Britney and Rihanna taking up a big chunk of that pop budget.

I'm kinda underwhelmed by the music this time around, to be honest. The DJs are great though (tagged just in case someone wants to be surprised by the DJs, I dunno) Bootsy Collins, Kenny Loggins, Pam Grier! :swoon:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything with the phone. When you get emails, you hit X (PS3) to reply and that's the only way to reply, right? All of my emails have the red reply arrow at the bottom, but I can only reply to certain ones. For example I can reply to Brad and Ron but not to Maude - even though her email seems like she wants a reply. :confused: Why is the reply arrow there if I can't reply? Or am I doing something wrong?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Can you still walk Chop and play fetch with him once you move house? Chop isn't triggering now that I'm at my tacky mansion, it's like I can't interact with him anymore. I did walk him in Los Santos however I botched the fetch thing. I threw his ball and it like, cliipped into Auntie's house and got stuck and I couldn't figure out how to get it again. Now I'm at Vinewood and can't seem to interact with Chop at all.

I hate to be all, MY TROPHIES :qq: but I need to play fetch with him for a trophy or it counts toward completion or something, I don't recall exactly.

VVV Yeah it's not working. I think I broke something :ohdear: VVV

HotCheetoChallenge fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 25, 2013

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

beedeebee posted:

Pretty cool that Rockstar social club site, it even adds hashtags to your pictures.

Browsing the social club Snapmatic site is surprisingly fun but I got spoilered on some plot stuff, and dumb things like animals in the game and... other creatures :psyduck:

There's also a ton of creeps taking upskirts of slaughtered peds.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Spalec posted:

For the random event when someone gets their wallet stolen and you chase them down, is it ever worth to actually give it back? Normally they just give me about 10% of the value. Do they ever give you something better?

One of the wallet guys gives you a bunch of stock shares.

What I want to know is if you do the "bad" thing for random events, does it still count towards 100 completion.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I wouldn't bother trying to change cars if the cops are anywhere near you. While the carjacking animation plays they'll catch up and shoot the tires of the new car. If you can just keep going and make turns, eventually you'll lose them, including the helicopter. I'm pretty bad at games and I haven't been busted or killed once by police, not even when I stormed the airport while trying to defog the map. That was instant 4 stars iirc.

One thing, though: I haven't found bushes to be useful for hiding. The cops seemed to see right through the bushes, more than once. Maybe I wasn't hiding right, I dunno.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I've been using this to work towards 100%
http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/100_Percent_Completion_Checklist

The bolded things are required (so, stunt plane shouldn't be a requirement, for the person who was wondering earlier). All of the random events are bolded because you can do any 14 of them.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Does anyone have tips for the Construction Accident random event? I've failed it three times. The bulldozer doesn't want to lift the pipes at all, it just pushes them, even if the scoop thing is lowered all the way.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
But there's only room to come at them from the side :confused:

Any other angle and I'm blocked by the steel building supports or whatever. Thanks though, I'll try that next time it pops up.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I was hoping to at least finish the story by the time Online is out but man. It's soooo easy to get distracted.

Anyway, I don't suppose anyone tried the first FIB heist without sending Michael to flight school?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Good to hear, thanks. I have PTSD from San Andreas flight school.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The countryside is so vast. I haven't been able to find cows (except one, by accident while I was fleeing police).

Where the cows be at

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
How do you flip people off from your car? I saw posts saying to press L1 when unarmed, but I can't make myself be unarmed in the car. :confused: If I select unarmed before I get in a car, my guy still shoots when I'm in the car.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

anuj posted:

This is correct. You choose heritage then there are sliders for mom/dad influence.

That seems super weird.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I just accidentally picked up the hitchiker who gives you the stock tip but I'm not doing any assassination missions yet and I'm not ready or whatever.

I'm going off of this mini-guide in the OP (bottom of post)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571617&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post419805003

If I ditch/kill the guy will he respawn later, after I did all the other stuff I need to do?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Okay, I put all my money (only about 1m across all characters) in PIS (PS3) this morning. I punched cows, defogged the map, and did other fun stuff for a verrrry long time, and save-slept several times. I don't see any change in the stock, is this normal? I thought it was rising for everybody? I bought it on BAWSAQ, not LCN. Was that right? When I invest for assassinations do I buy on LCN or BAWSAQ?

:downs: I wish someone would just make a good GTA Stocks for Dummies/Babbies post, or even a thread just for stocks discussion. I don't understand this at all, and have like a hundred questions about it.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Bohemian Nights posted:

The LCN stocks is supposed to be, but isn't really at the moment, based on ingame factors, and will change in ingame time. Easiest way to exploit this market is to just do the assassination missions with lester, and invest all your bux across all characters into precisely what he tells you to invest in.

The stocks found in the LCN are not the same stocks you find on the BAWSAQ however, which is internet based, and changes in real time. So, you can be doing stuff for quite a while in the game without seeing fluctuations in the bawsaq market, which only updates periodically, and obviously much slower than the LCN.

Any stock tips you'll find in this thread that's not based on special ingame events will always relate to the BAWSAQ market, since that's the only market that has the same value for everyone on the same console.

So Lester = LCN
This thread = BAWSAQ?

That makes sense. I was getting nervous about it because I have basically no money now, and it doesn't look like I can sell part of the stock to get some cash, there's only an option to sell ALL. I can be patient though. It helps that the hospital only charges my broke rear end $30.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Wade has the cutest voicemail greeting :3:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I just checked that Reddit guide, and realized that I've already done at least 2 Lester missions (possibly three, I can't remember) and didn't invest anything. gently caress. I knew stocks were a part of this game but I didn't anticipate that stock manip would be pretty much the only way to make big money in a game about heists. It's ~realistic~ I guess...

I'm just going to barrel through the campaign and use the billionare checklist for my next run
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VLK0HCFWmfb7uG4_tzurGGBVY1WZBxF-2iKRwNojZRs/viewform

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

thebardyspoon posted:

So I've done a lot of the hitchhiker missions and not taken any up to the cult. Only one left is the buried alive one apparently. What do you get from the cult?

A trophy, a cutscene, a shootout, and afterwards there are several money cases lying around the compound.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
On the social club website, where you can look at each character's stats, does anyone know what "noose killed" means? It's under the figures for cops killed and innocents killed.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Yardbomb posted:

PS3 Piswasser is at $10+, I'm feeling like it's about time to cash in but aaaah, I don't wanna miss out on some highers bumps in price. :mad:

I'm going to make a separate save right now, and sell all of my ps3 piss. I'm worried it's gonna crash while I sleep.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Rad Valtar posted:

Everyone in the Reddit thread is selling at 6 pm EST so you want to get out between then and 8 PM EST. In case anyone is interested they also have a twitter account with info on when and where they are investing next.

link ?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Can people without gold use the social club crews? That thread is all about social club, maybe there should be another one in PGS for psn/gamertags?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The minimap will flash white when you pass by a hitchhiker or other random event. I know a little dot pops on the minimap, but that's easy to miss, for me anyway.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Imagine a Catalina/Trevor baby :stare:

keyframe posted:

have you guys done any deep sea diving exploration stuff? Anything worth seeing?

I wish I kept the sub I used for that one mission but afterwards I couldn't find a way to explore underwater. Can you buy scuba gear from someplace in the game?

Yes, there is scuba gear in the game, I read. I don't know where it is or how to get it. Super helpful, I know.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Pivit posted:

I'm thinking we have nothing to do with the change in prices on BAWSAQ, just like LCN. Maybe we will in GTAO, but for now its just random changes on a much longer timeframe.

Then why did everyone dump piss a few hours ago? :confused:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Ror posted:

Also, the voice actor is from Calgary.

You can totally hear his Canadian accent at times. Makes me think all the Canadian crap was ad-libbed, or added after picking the actor. Cool detail :3:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

myron cope posted:

I've been driving with Michael for like 10 hours and can't max out his driving skill. I'm going at max speed and a lot of time in the opposite lane and it's not moving :mad:

Are you having almost-collisions? The cars flashing their headlights at you and/or your character saying stuff like "That was a close one?" It should definitely be leveling up if you're doing those things. Maybe yours is bugged.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Is anyone putting together an online discussion thread right now?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

breed to death posted:

I wish one of us would have had the wherewithal to think of this yesterday. Now half of us will be cursing the loading screens while the other half spends the next 4 hours or so trying to min/max our neandarthavatars. I need to get a grizzly beard and some "my boyfriend beats me" sunglasses to cover up as much of this thing's face as possible.

I read on the Rockstar newswire that you like, input how much your character parties, or something like that? And such inputs affect how the character looks? Is this accurate at all? If so, I think I'm going to make mine a goody-goody so they don't look beat to poo poo.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Yardbomb posted:

Oh boy, it hard froze my loving PS3. :what:

I think this happened to me :qq: I got the prompt to install the update and I confirmed it. The screen went black and it's just staying black... :ohdear:

edit: oh god my ps3 is making noises

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
My PS3 froze, and even holding down the power button for like 10 seconds didn't shut it off. I had to unplug it :stare:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The heritage characters aren't from any GTA games tho? They're just random people. Very very ugly random people.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Harmonica posted:

If you spend 30 minutes tooling around with it you can get some decent looking characters (as in: not crack addicts) if that's your thing. The main problem is your grandparents photos are so small.

I thought it was confirmed there would be GTA characters. I didn't know it was just a rumor :confused:

edit: R* characters I mean. People were talking about making John Marston their granpappy

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Parkingtigers posted:

I can't play yet, drat servers, but my slacker girl Kitty is ready. Yeah, worst creator ever. Can't believe they didn't copy Saints Row and let people sort this out in advance so all the online personas were already stored. I just stopped messing with heritage once I got someone vaguely human looking, and stopped pissing with lifestyle once I got clothes I could put up with for the first hour or so.

How did you get this hat? I only have a choice of 2 snapbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Okay so I made a char and it recognized my crew. It kicked me out before I could launch online. I'm back in trying to make a char again, but now it says I don't belong to any crews so I can't do my crew shirt. :confused:

• Locked thread