Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

pik_d posted:

He's talking about the "Private Game Servers" subforum of Games. The thread is here.
Post Farlow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

dat fukken dogge

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Is it possible to buy Franklin a new house? I want to get my boy out of the hood and away from his skeezy aunt.
Keep playing.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

My new fun game in GTA:O is to wait for someone to enter a store, then to slam a car intotche doorway so they can't get out. Eventually they will sht at you and get a swarm of angry cops around the store, rendering that area a no-go zone for anyone trying to do anything remotely illegal.
I wanna play GTA:O with you, Barons.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

super macho dude posted:

So it seems they've also drastically bumped up the amount of pedestrians walking around. This is a good thing. Fuckin A, November is shaping up to be an expensive video game month for me.
Yes, I believe the density on all of the randomly-generated stuff (cars, pedestrians, wildlife, etc.) has been bumped significantly.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Where's the Gaf thread?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931855

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

That reminds me to revisit how much free space my SSD has. Between this and Witcher 3 it might be time for an upgrade.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Shiiiit, between those 2, you'd probably need at least 100 gigs free.
Yeah it's probably time to jump to a 1TB drive like in my laptop. I was trying to put it off until Windows 10 and just kill two birds with one stone, but I might just do the SSD now.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Songbearer posted:

GTA: Online can be launched as a seperate app. Awesome.
I wonder if that makes single player more mod friendly. :pray:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ZergFluid posted:

Will I be able to max this game with an i5-4670k and a gtx 770?
No, next caller.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hi swsp long time listener first time caller, how many console players are gonna get mad on day one of the pc release when people talk about how the game runs for them?
Should I use the 3/5 rule for console players when calculating my answer?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

You're brainwashed, dogg.
Give me Steam or give me death

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

theultimo posted:

Dammit Rockstar

Did you just take a picture of your monitor :wtc:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ShadowMar posted:

i've been unpacking the steam version since 4pm PST. it's almost done now.
Some really lovely computers itt.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Feenix posted:

So for all intents and purposes my rig is 24gb ram, an R9 M295x (4gb), and an i7 4.0.

Anyone have any experiences with a load out at least comparable or similar?
Why don't you wait for the game to be out more than 90 minutes before asking about your boutique GPU's performance.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Demarolath posted:

Running at max settings on GTX 680.
Worthless post without resolution, but thanks!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

zen death robot posted:

512GB SSDs ftw
Nice puny SSD

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Nice puny SSDs

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

zen death robot posted:

so SWSP stops owning me
This'll never happen FYI

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Driving with mouse and keyboard is definitely taking some getting used to. Using keyboard only and ignoring the mouse while driving makes it better though.
Is it easy to setup a controller just for vehicle controls, and then switch to keyboard and mouse when on foot?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

theultimo posted:

It auto switches on each input. Just pull up what you want.
Neato!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Anyone running into a D3D crashing error? I was playing the intro just fine and then ran into it. It hits me randomly, and shortly after starting the game. Doesn't need to have the game fully loaded to crash and this is in Direct X 11 so far - haven't tried 10. Loading takes a while even on an SSD (like several minutes). Playing at 3440x1440 w/ a 780ti running stock. When I can get it to load the game performs great and is really good looking :(.
Did you update your drivers to the ones that came out today?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

It just struck me that this fantastic looking game is running better and faster than Minecraft ever has or will. Programming is weird.
Java is bad.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Akumos posted:

Any major AMD card bugs so far?
Two 7870 owners in this thread reporting graphical corruption with MSAA on, but that's about it.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

What a fantastic port. The wait was definitely worth it. It looks fantastic at 2560x1440 and performance is great. Still playing with various settings to get it just the way I want it, but I'm glad they gave us so many options to tweak. Now I just need to find some more free time to play it.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Hard not to when the thread has been taken over by tech support posts because SURPRISE the PC port doesnt work (its not actually a surprise, everyone should have known this).
Er the PC port works wonderfully. A lot of people just have poo poo computers.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

DOTA players are gross, disgusting people.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

It streams data constantly, but if they could get it to work with the Xbox 360 and PS3's slow drives then I'm guessing an HDD will still be fine. Initial loads might be slow. If you notice severe pop-in then maybe consider moving it to your SSD, but I'd at least try the HDD first and see how it goes.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

why is the right bumper handbrake, and not A?

why would you put the handbrake above the accelerator and put "duck in car" on A?

It wasn't like that on the PS3 what the heck.
Yo Barons, my man.

I think you can, like, remap controls. Not sure. Hit up GameFAQs to see if there are instructions.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

zen death robot posted:

It also seems to make use of i7s which is kind of a first.
Yeah it's rare for a game developer to go out of their way to optimize for Hyperthreading. R* definitely threw a lot of money and time at the PC port.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

Secondly, does anyone have any amazing settings for the 970 cooked up? I had to turn MSAA off but I want it back!
Enable MFAA in NVIDIA Control Panel. It's an MSAA override exclusive to 970/980 series that improves performance.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

VDay posted:

Do you turn MSAA off in the game then? Or does it have to be on in order to be overriden?
You enable MSAA and it gets overridden at the driver level by MFAA.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Inverness posted:

But how does this relate to TXAA? :psyboom:
http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-multi-frame-sampled-anti-aliasing-mfaa-performance-on-gtx-970_154106
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/194629-analyzing-nvidias-new-aa-can-mfaa-improve-image-quality-without-a-frame-rate-hit

Those kind of break it down.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Skwee posted:

Does it look better, or improve performance, or both?
"That said, this is the first driver release to enable MFAA and we were able to see a significant improvement in performance and even graphics quality with MFAA when we compared to MSAA."

970/980 owners should be using MFAA with GTA V.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

Thanks I'll give this a try. Is nvidia going to release its optimization guide for this game like it has done for others in the past?
Wouldn't that give people less reason to install the GeForce Experience application which performs optimization of game settings based on what NVIDIA thinks are the best? It seems sort of redundant to publish those some settings if you want people to use your software.

edit:

NVIDIA posted:

Activate MFAA with GeForce Experience’s one-click Optimal Grand Theft Auto V profile, or enable MFAA in the NVIDIA Control Panel and the MSAA option in-game, and instantly receive faster frame rates...

GeForce Experience also enables you to configure Grand Theft Auto V’s many game settings with a single click, instantly giving you Optimal Playable Settings for your specific system configuration. This one-click feature activates MFAA and DSR, too, if your system and settings are compatible, giving you the best possible experience.
from NVIDIA here.

edit 2: at the very bottom of that page I linked they do promise a guide in the future.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 16, 2015

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

So how did you enable mfaa? OK so if I turn on mfaa I should turn off txaa, fxaa and msaa?

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

You enable MSAA and it gets overridden at the driver level by MFAA.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Did you try verifying your local game data just for kicks?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

lovely Wizard posted:

My Rockstar Social got hijacked (not sure what the hell I used this password for in the past that got compromised)
Doesn't matter what your password was -- they were vulnerable to Heartbleed a year or so ago. Someone was probably sitting on a list of compromised accounts this whole time and waited until a few weeks after GTA V to start swiping accounts out from people who never changed passwords. RSC really should have sent out a mandatory password change once they found out that they were vulnerable.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

NOTinuyasha posted:

Anyplace I can go put my name down on a list of people calling out Rockstar for their bullshit? I made my RSC account in 2011 with a unique, random alphanumeric password and I still got hacked.
Right. The issue was that you never changed that password after the April 2014 disclosure of Heartbleed. Not that it's really your fault -- Rockstar should have enforced a global password change after that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Hahahaha I just noticed the one message sitting on my RSC account:

• Locked thread